Thanks Tallarn! It's good to be back painting now as well (though on my DE, with the cold weather I'm not priming yet). I'm not sure where I got the idea I get the feeling I saw it or something very similar some time ago; but the main point is nobody owns such things so imitate away :wink:

Priming is a start - from that stage whenever you have time to can slap some paint on and make progress! I need to get back into 40K I had such plans over the xmas break but didn't do any of them. In fact I got more models to paint :sweat:

I managed to not increase my models, that might be a first! Once I've got the primer done I should be able to catch up quickly, as the various basic coats can be done in the evenings :smile.: I think we've had the longest day now, so things should be slowly getting better in that regard?

I'll need to decide on a few things for the Daemon Prince (skin colour - same as Daemonettes? wing colour - perhaps off white?) so he'll be secondary to the CSM. So depending on how much I've figured out on him I might leap straight into Daemonettes after the Marines are battle ready.

I got the GS work done to patch up the head conversion and with the spare decided to try filling some gaps. I think it went well but I suspect the true test will be when I get round to applying washes :tongue.:

gallery_30308_10249_35283.jpg

gallery_30308_10249_13313.jpg

I'll look to getting the bases and backpacks sorted in the week, after the strangely warm day yesterday I'm thinking the cold snap is over :)

The gaps weren't bad but I thought why not? I had the GS out and quite a bit spare, and the Sunder are intended to help push my hobby :smile.: A few things have come up that need my attention unfortunately, so I've made no further progress. These should be completed by the weekend though so work will resume then, with a bit of luck the remaining backpacks on the CSM and bases for all will be complete ready for priming on Sunday and if I'm really lucky maybe even the first bits of paint :thumbsup:

I will be getting the Daemons codex naturally, a good opportunity to stock up on some hobby supplies I'm running low on too. It's good to be back painting again :biggrin.:

I have made my pre-order for the Daemons codex and cards :biggrin.: Unfortunately some plastic happened to fall into my hands also... seems this keeps happening? Oh well, looks like I'll have some cultists soon then :wink: I never thought I'd get any, but then the army has already grown way beyond what I planned and these models didn't exist then :laugh.:

I confess I've not studied the bits in close detail, but I'll probably go mostly with autoguns (or rather, "guns"?) supported by some flamers for counter charges. Maybe some CCW models for variety and a little bit of CC, as it is a Slaaneshi force! I can remove models from the load out type least useful for the time :P

I am now the owner of the Daemons codex, cards and some Escher :biggrin.: I've only had time to inspect the models briefly, but looks like there's a roughly 50:50 mix of guns and pistols/CCW plus a handy flamer equivalent. That should suit my needs, as while going shooty is probably better a bit of combat potential will be nice and it's all largely moot given their role is mostly to eat bullets so the Marines don't have to :tongue.:

I am now the owner of the Daemons codex, cards and some Escher :biggrin.: I've only had time to inspect the models briefly, but looks like there's a roughly 50:50 mix of guns and pistols/CCW plus a handy flamer equivalent. That should suit my needs, as while going shooty is probably better a bit of combat potential will be nice and it's all largely moot given their role is mostly to eat bullets so the Marines don't have to :tongue.:

Awesome! I look forward to seeing what you do with the models. I picked up a box for the same purpose, but I've got a few units to paint before I let myself build any new models.

You're doing better than me, I'll probably start some basic assembly this weekend despite all the other projects I have :P They have a certain flair that suits Slaanesh and along with the hair I should be able to get a lot of colours on them. I'll still try and tie them to the Sunder though of course, but that's probably easy enough with more melon and white on them :)

I didn't realise that they come with sculpted bases which is cool, I can spread them around my models a bit. With Astrogranite they'll still fit in but I can leave some of the details uncovered for painting to add some more variety to the ruin/urban rubble scheme :tu:

Last but not least the converted head, using a DE Chronos bit. Needs a little GS work to finish off but I think it works well just need to decide on how I'll paint it - might go back to that mask idea I had. 

I have some pictures somewhere on my laptop of masks that would look good used in a Slaaneshi force. Ill try find them, might give you some ideas. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness