Thanks Sete, I'm a little distracted with a couple of other projects at the moment but they're a slow burn thing so I'm periodically returning to the Sunder for some progress. Got the gold on them so just some Leadbelcher and I can attack with a wash :smile.: Also helps that I've given it some more thought and decided I like Kier's idea so some future Marines will have swapped colours. I'm sure some might double take when spotting it, the attention being something the Sunder would no doubt enjoy :wink:

Im currently working on the Lore of my Grey Talons (cheeky name steal from the book) and im saving the BaC set for the eventual chaos update which it will be mext year it seems. Ill probably try to convert some stuff but your guys gave me some good ideas. I will try to mix the terminators with some haos terminator bits to get that old school look.

Sounds good, I really like the mix and match look so I think it'll work in any ratio. I'm still juggling the idea of Tartaros Termies for my CSM but it is early days still and I'm prone to changing my mind quite a bit as I try to settle on what I want. I'm considering repainting my wayward Marine again for example...

WarriorFish

The Chaos Marines are looking cool. You've said about a bit of a mistake with the paint on the third model. How badly are they effected? Are you able to re-undercoat them, with out losing any of the detail? Then re-spray with White Spray or just quickly re-paint the white.

Other wise - Best check out the Forge & best way to paint strip plastic. I did use Tesco floor cleaner with pine a few year back, but they've stop selling that. I was never to keen on Dettol? when I try that out for paint striping plastic.

If you find out anything (that not Dettol) that work, please post it in your log :D

Some progress has been made, but sadly a mistake on the third has put a stop to painting:

gallery_30308_10249_3973.jpg

So two are getting quite close to finished, I'll need to figure out a good way to strip the third. Unless he wants his pink and white back to front... fourth is probably thinking he got off lightly :tongue.:

I got a good coat of the pink on him, so it won't be an easy fix. I think for the moment I should finish the two I have and ruminate on what I'm going to do, make sure it's the right decision. Whatever I do will involve some work! Thanks for the encouragement, it'll be a nice achievement when I get the squad done which is unfortunately feeling quite a way off. I need to remove some lingering projects from my decks!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been giving some thought to my plans and since I'm going to run them with BP/CCW as well (make the most of being Slaaneshi) do you think it would be a good idea to build some models as such? Would give some variety to them and also signal the equipment they have.

Did you mange to sort out the Chaos Marine that you said your having problem with ether re-painting or paint strip?

I've been giving some thought to my plans and since I'm going to run them with BP/CCW as well (make the most of being Slaaneshi) do you think it would be a good idea to build some models as such? Would give some variety to them and also signal the equipment they have.

Yes I think that would be pretty cool, as you said just get some variety.

He's gone for a little swim, I'll look at him this weekend and repaint him up to match the others. I might have to reassemble him too as a result but I'm least fond of his pose so it'll be no bad thing. I might return to the alternate colour scheme later once I've got more done so I'll have a better feel for how they'll look as an army. So that leaves me three Marines next on my list, then it's on to some BP/CCW models to fill out the squad and of course the upgrade models.

The champ and special will be magnetised and now my little ship has come in I'll be raiding Forge World for some resin - the autocannons will be high on that list :smile.: Regarding icons is that something I should be considering for my squads? If so I'll need to figure about how to best represent that while keeping with the Sunder's theme.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more painting in today, finishing the next couple giving me three Marines:

gallery_30308_10249_12689.jpg

Very pleased with them, I can see how they'll look as an army and I reckon they'll be quite eye catching on the table - the Sunder would have it no other way of course :wink: Just the last two of the first batch to do and I can look to finishing my first proper squad :smile.: Probably go straight in and do a special weapon and/or the Champ though. I've sourced a lot of bits I want for Yjun so I might be trying out a few ideas for him soon :biggrin.:

Thanks, I'm keen to see them on the table but I've got to finish some other projects before I can devote the time needed to get them in a game any time soon. My plan is still to use the FW kit yes, looks really cool and would fit in the theme of the army too. I was thinking about them last night, and had an idea of making the NM squad look generally a little more fancy, stuff like more dramatic helms and armour perhaps?

I have lots of choice bits from the Sternguard and Vanguard boxes, so they should look quite fancy along with my various other bits - not using the more Imperial ones though of course! I'll play around with some builds when I get round to it but they're on my next FW order which won't be for a few months.

I've seen BA winged stuff used to great effect for Emperor's Children (pre-heresy of course!) and with your more standard Power Armour look perhaps they'd work well? For special troops to stand out more and not be all 'chaos-y' in comparison to the rank and file.

I do have some BA stuff in the SG box but I'm not looking for an Emperor's Children look directly. I think my bits box has quite a lot that could be useful, stuff like the odd crested helmet and the fancier shoulder pads? I'm considering the use of CSM backpacks on special units too but that might be a bit too different.

I'll have the Champ to do as part of the first squad so he'll be the first opportunity to experiment with fancier bits :) Still planning on using the SG masks for them but we'll see how it goes!

Quick army question, what are people's thoughts on 10 Marine mechanised squads as a "standard"? What upgrades would you suggest? As I'm planning on spending a few points on them I'm open to suggestions. What about the Champ?

Oh, hey, remember when this was just going to be a Kill Team? :laugh.:

Isn't the sacred number for Slaanesh 6? Or are you not going to go crazy with that aspect? I always like seeing massed Marines so I would say go for the full 10, how you equip them is dependant on what you want them to do in your planned army so difficult to say at this stage.

You can't go wrong with at least one anti-tank weapon though. My last game I didn't have enough points for such a weapon for a squad and thought that it's just the one squad that'll be pointed at infantry anyway so it'll be fine.

It wasn't of course :tongue.:

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Arkaniss

I'm not no, aside from the fact 6 Marines tend not to last all that long the Sunder might pledge to Slaanesh but that doesn't mean they're in the whole hog yet. Plus background wise they still operate in a similar way to how they did as a chapter, but with magnetising etc I will have plenty of chance to experiment with squad builds - not difficult to add or remove bolters :)

I was thinking melta and flamer to cover bases, but if I plan on taking CCWs combat might be the better way to clear out enemy troops? Especially if the Champ gets some upgrades like a power weapon, so maybe melta and plasma are better weapons to look at there.

Melta/flamer seems perfect to me then - both are assault weapons so you can still charge after shooting. Can always give the Champion a Plasma Pistol if you still want some Plasma in the squad. Magnets will mean you can have all these options and more though so why not go for all options for maximum versatility?

• 2 months later...

Just in case anyone thought I was too busy focusing my efforts elsewhere:

gallery_30308_10249_77440.jpg

Blast from the past in many ways, I forgot what the old blisters were like - good old nostalgia. I also remember how much I don't like working with metal... :laugh.: Anyway, even with these my plans remain the same: complete my ETL work and return to my CSM so I can have them ready for games ASAP. Whether I can stick to the plan and resist the Daemonettes or not only time will tell :laugh.:

Leaving them for later is no bad thing, as that will give me more time to source more Chaos treats :biggrin.: