Of Lunatics and Henchmen: Inquisition Challenge #1

Dosjetka

Remind me again - when you say one Henchman; Does it have to be a Codex compliant Acolyte?

Or any one model that 'fluff-wise' is part of an Inq's Retinue?

Making good progress on him:

gallery_30308_3239_4677.jpg

I am enjoying doing something different. Ok, so maybe not that different as it's mostly a Guardsman but the desert scheme is refreshing and I'm enjoying it. Yet another sign that Tallarn is right and proper for me tongue.png I hope to have him finished today smile.png

Finished! biggrin.png

gallery_30308_3239_66019.jpg

Light was fading fast but it looks like I managed to snap some pictures ok smile.png I'm pleased with him, was good to focus on only a single model with a completely new colour scheme (in honour of the 711th Chocochip Rats). Green stuff and highlighting even turned out quite good too, he'll make a fine addition to a warband thumbsup.gif

Background:

Nobody is quite sure where the Inquisitor Lord found Jahn and given his loud and brash nature sometimes they wish he'd be put back again. Under the gregarious surface however lies a willpower of steel and an eagle eye to match. Never relenting an inch and indignant in the face of any opponent he will fight ever forward, his bolter reducing the Inquisitor's foes to mulch with disciplined fire and the Emperor's name on his lips.

It is no surprise that once others get to know him they come to rely on his marksmanship, and despite the fact that even those closest to him can find his nature somewhat grating over long periods all is forgotten once the Inquisitor marches to war with Jahn in tow. It is taken as common knowledge that should he survive the trials and tribulations of serving a promising career as an Inquisitor beckons - as they know all too well that in these darkest of days the Inquisition needs the hammer as much as the scalpel.

Broke the back of my Call to Chaos vow faster than I thought I would, so I have plenty of free time to work on my entry, only problem is getting it all to fit together, some I can hide with sculpting, but the sculptng itself will drive me up the wall as well. 

Tee, that servitor looks suspiciously like an AI... tongue.png

Deathlus: There's still room for another to join us smile.png

Teetengee: Aye, definitely looks like an AI... heretic.

There is totally a brain and some squishy bits inside that rear casing.... I..I...I just covered them so they wouldn't get shot out. Yeah. Protective casing. Totally not a heretic, (heretech? considering).

since I'm already behind on the schedule, here's the result of few hours of hard and intense modeling:

http://i62.tinypic.com/30jju5g.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/i5xh5w.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/102pkz4.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/24b0lky.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do ya pay good?" he asked, plonking himself down at my table, taking a swig of his beer.

"Pardon", I replied, a quisical look on my face.

Drawing one of the many knives about his person, he began a round of five-finger skillet.

"I said, do ya pay good?", he repeated, looking me directly in the eye.

"Who said I'm hiring?" I enquire, holding his gaze.

"I'm good with knives" he said, maintaining eye contact, "Real good, had lots and lots of practice." His pace with the knife has steadily increased, he hasn't cut himself yet. "I'm better with guns though, don't recall the last time someone out-shot me," he stated. His composure suggested he at least believed it.

"Why should I hire you?", I ask.

"I just told ya, weren't ya listn'n?", he crudely replied, " 'spose ya'd like a demo then". Before I could reply, he was on his feet, tossing two of his knives across the bar. As the knives left his hands, his pistols seemed to appear in his grip, he loosed two rounds apiece, each knife jumping twice in the air. He was seated again, playing five-finger skillet before his knives had hit the ground. I looked at him, it was hard not to break my passive look and give away how impressed I was.

"So, do ya pay good?", we smirked at me.

"Yeah, I pay well....", he stood, scraping his chair loudly and cutting me off, and sculled his beer.

"I'm in, when do we leave?" he asked as a loud belch left his lips.

"Don't you want to hear about the job?" I questioned.

"Do I get ta use me guns?" I nodded.

"Then it doesn't matter to me," he stated, sauntering off to collect his knives.

"What's your name?" I call after him.

"Holtt, Arvaan Holtt, but most call me Skillet," he replies over his shoulder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introducing Arvaan Holtt

gallery_48988_6285_107485.jpg

gallery_48988_6285_29502.jpg

Cheers,

Jono

Archived