More Viking less Wolf

Coverfire

After reading a couple of threads of here today I am thinking about swapping out Fenrisian Wolf packs for Valkyries. The idea of shield bearing chicks running around after a Lone Wolf or Iron Priest amuses me.

Wargames Foundry have some 28mm models which would be suitable. They have both male and female Norse warriors available. Use the men in the Wolf Packs and the women as Cyberwolves. 

Haven't really thought about swapping out Thunderwolves but I probably should; I have always wanted to do a White Scars force on horseback so maybe I should do thunderwolf cavalry on horseback instead.

I can see them (females) be they called "Valkyries" or "Shield Maidens" most appropriately attached as retinue for Wolf Priests to stand-in, serve as or replace thralls or servitors and can easily be justified fluff wise and through fan-fiction backstories.  Far easier than replacing Fenresian Wolves or Thunderwolves either through function or abilities.

However, as many say.....your Army, do as you wish.  Just wondering how they may be justified to your opponents......

One thing: how do you justify a hot, big-boobed chick with a big shield moving 12" in the movement phase without being slowed by terrain? Is the terrain of 40k just very forgiving to sex-appeal? biggrin.png

I hadn't thought about it really, but the way I see it is that movement is 6" for infantry who are moving cautiously, looking out for ambushes and enemy combatants. They 'Run' another D6" instead of making an action like aiming/shooting; and when they charging they run up to 12" on 2D6.

Fenrisian Warriors know that their only offensive capability is to get in to close combat. They don't need to move cautiously, in fact if they do, they're dead.

One thing: how do you justify a hot, big-boobed chick with a big shield moving 12" in the movement phase without being slowed by terrain? Is the terrain of 40k just very forgiving to sex-appeal? biggrin.png

In a not so serious role playing game there is a rule called Bulletproof Nudity. The less your character wears, the harder they are to hit. So here it seems sex-appeal (we can be equal and say male or female) gives bonus movement, Fleet, Move Through Cover, and anything else anyone can think of! tongue.png

I'd be ok with that as long as you keep the same base and similar size

They might be taller than Fenrisian Wolves but since they don't have a ranged attack then it would only be a disadvantage. Putting them on Biker bases is no problem. Might consider putting two warriors to a base to make it look like more of a horde. 15 bases with 30 models would look pretty impressive.

why not use the scourges kit - female bodies with wings supplied with light armour... just add in a few bits from the chaos marauder horsemen pack and you could make some half decent valkaries. gives them an excuse to move quickly and it's a nice change of model to paint plus it keeps it all GW for tournament purposes if you're that way inclined.

Fen Wolves and Cyber Wolves come on TDA bases.

Cool, didn't realise that as I have been using the Wolves from the Goblin Wolf Riders since Eye of Terror Campaign.

why not use the scourges kit - female bodies with wings supplied with light armour... just add in a few bits from the chaos marauder horsemen pack and you could make some half decent valkaries. gives them an excuse to move quickly and it's a nice change of model to paint plus it keeps it all GW for tournament purposes if you're that way inclined.

Not very Fenrisian though. Maybe once you add bits it might look alright but I cannot picture it. As for keeping it all GW the Wargames Foundry models are ex-citadel so shouldn't be an issue. 

I don't know maybe it won't work, but I dislike the idea of Thralls in a Space Wolves Company. I prefer the idea of Fenrisian who may have honour debts working with the chapter.

One thing: how do you justify a hot, big-boobed chick with a big shield moving 12" in the movement phase without being slowed by terrain? Is the terrain of 40k just very forgiving to sex-appeal? :D

I hadn't thought about it really, but the way I see it is that movement is 6" for infantry who are moving cautiously, looking out for ambushes and enemy combatants. They 'Run' another D6" instead of making an action like aiming/shooting; and when they charging they run up to 12" on 2D6.

Fenrisian Warriors know that their only offensive capability is to get in to close combat. They don't need to move cautiously, in fact if they do, they're dead.

Fluff wise.... "Vaunted Warrior women of Fenris are often honored by being secreted away under discerning eye of the most senior iron priest. Working with the wolf priests their natural abilities are enhanced where they are quite capable of felling a standard fenrisian wolf on their own. These daughters of fenris often accompany the Rout into battle to assail lesser troops of the enemy or bog down stronger troops until the Rout can sink their fangs into the flesh of the enemy"

Fluff wise.... "They Don't Suck"

abridged version.

Archived