Secret Santa Minis

marine7312000

Over in this thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/298018-secret-santa-mini/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3838520, some Fraters have decided to exchange painted models with each other in a form of a secret santa program. This thread is to collect the WIPs and finished models in one thread. Each post should have the recipients name and any pictures should be put in spoiler tags.

Wolf_Pack

Wolf_Pack asked for a WE Librarian. My thoughts are doing Esca from Betrayer. I'll probably use Sevrin Loth as the base model. I just need to decide whether to use a second axe in the other hand or just attach the axe to his leg or back.

Recipient : Brother Ludovic 

Asked for a representation of himself, in the 40k universe. Ludo is an all round nice guy, so i thought Loken. Not wanting to just paint Loken though, i went with a Luna Wolf betrayed by his brothers.

Just throwing around idea's here...

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/24/657907_md-.JPG
http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/10/24/657908_md-.JPG

Recipient : Daemonifugue

He's asked for an addition to his Exorcists. Better get working...

Recipients:

Flint13

has asked for "[...]a Ludovic take on a Night Lord." What the lady asks for, she will get msn-wink.gif

Daemonifugue

hasn't asked for anything yet, so I'll update when I know.

Emperors Immortals

asked for either a Night Lord or an Iron Warrior. I'll probably paint up a second son of Nostramo, but then again an Iron Warrior could be rather interesting... Hum...

MagicMan

asked for a character of my choice (so Sergeant, Captain, Librarian, Inquisitor, etc) so I'm still in the decision phase. I think I might go with a Fire Hawk, both to see how I manage to tackle the complicated colour scheme but also because their little disagreement with the Marines Errant during the Badab War is a pretty damn cool little piece of fluff.

Brother Sellsword

has mentioned that he collects Templars, likes Imperial Fists, Deathwatch, Death Guard and World Eaters. He also tends to play quite a bit of Kill Team, so a random NPC from a Chapter not named above could also be an option. I think I might go with a World Eater though. The choice now is whether to go post-Heresy or (pre-)Heresy-era? Decisions, decisons...

and last but not least, a Frater who hasn't confirmed his participation to this (and so his name will remain unrevealed for the mo) but who has shown interest

hasn't asked for anything either (yet), but I think I might go with something Chaos-y, like Black Legion or Night Lords... msn-wink.gif

So I didn't get as much work done on this as I wanted (ie: Large shipments coming in to work within a day of finishing inventory)  but I'm starting to do some mock ups now with bits on hand and blu-tack.

So C&C welcome.  My considerations for a libby and for a chappy.  I really got to get a camera that can take better pictures.  Or maybe just a new light bulb.  Something more blue-white and less yellow.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Phantomzero17/Army%20painter/40k/1023141926.jpg

Updated mock-ups:

Recipient ElectricPaladin

So now that I've scraped all the winged swords off of them time to hold everything together with blu-tac and see how I feel about them.  On the left I have a Chaplain made out of a Death Company torso, a DA Mace arm, a Bezerker skull helm (snipped and smoothed out of course), and a DV bike.  The middle is a Death Company helm, a BA gunner chest, a GK lance, a biker arm I didn't use for my Fisticlaws CSM Lord, and DV bike supposed to cover just a Biker Captain.  And finally on the right is a ham fisted attempt at a librarian.  Once again Death Company helm, BA gunner chest, DV bike, and a pointing arm I can't remember which kit it once came from but it was in my bitz box.  Will add shoulder pads and backpacks prob from bitz left over from an old Tactical Box later on as these start actually getting painted.

Side note:  Libby so far lacks an axe as the only ones I have scream chaos, or scream Fenrys Hjolda. And pointing seamed more spell casty.

Edit:  Same can be said of my powerfists as can be said of axes.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Phantomzero17/Army%20painter/40k/1024141451.jpg

I'm so freaking tempted to look under the cut...

Honor rules!  Oh but what do renegades know of honor?

Just got home a little while ago so decided to sit down for some grub and my first attempt at painting Knights of Blood.

So started with the Chaplain as painting a black marine only takes black primer and then 2 coats of your favorite black layer.  For the bike I primed black and  used Leadbelcher for all the engine bits and bike frame.  For the rest of the metalics including the bolters, outside of the wing wind shield, wing banner pole, and the knee caps I started with Reaper Paints Shadowed Steel and then a layer of Honed Steel for a shiny silver look to contrast a bit with the leadbelcher.  The seat (Freaking loyalists have padded seats!  Posh jerks.  We get a bit of metal with some stretched skin of questionable origins and praise the Gods for it warp damn it!) is just reaper Oiled leather and the wing bits are starting with a layer of Brush on Primer, followed by White Primer (OOP), and then 3 layers of Ceramite White so it pops.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/Phantomzero17/Army%20painter/40k/1383202_820892407962155_276689773165420426_n.jpg

Will be going back tomorrow after work, or Monday before class to do a lot of touch ups and get rid of harsh edges on the colors.  Plus you know finish the actual chaplain.  As always comments and criticisms are appreciated.

Edit:  You know putting the pic in spoiler tags.  Cause that's the whole point of this.

I'm so freaking tempted to look under the cut...

Honor rules!  Oh but what do renegades know of honor?

We know more than either the corrupt Imperium's lapdogs or any heretic could ever hope to know!

And by the way, getting that quote without accidentally seeing what you'd put behind the spoiler cut took a lot of work. It involved highlighting while scrolling up very quickly and squinting. I actually didn't see a thing. Totally worth it.

Archived