-Crusaders @ 5 SB with combi-melta, 2 Neophytes, 1 melta in a drop pod

-Crusaders @ 5 SB with combi-melta, 2 Neophytes, 1 melta in a drop pod

-Stormtalon Gunship w/ skyhammers

-Stormtalon Gunship w/ skyhammers

-Tri - LC Pred

-Tri - LC Pred

-Vindicator 

Vs. 

Eldar (don't know them all the well so I will do my best)  

Solo HQ witch on a jet bike with a really good cover save.

Solo minor witch hiding …. I'm not sure why this one was even here.

Wraithguard 5 man with Str 7 ap2 and 4++ save (I found out later after the game they had axes so they should have been hitting at I1.  These were stand in models with guns.)

Wraithguard 5 man with the Str10 guns in a wave serpent

Wave serpent with 5 blue guys with mohawks with twin linked rending guns …. A friend told me that they did not have twin linked but this was after the game.

Wave serpent - unknown what was in this one.

Warwalker x3 with scatter and lance 

Darkreapers @5 - These guys had nasty guns.

9 Jetbikes with twin linked str 6 guns???  They has a lv 2 witch on a bike with them.

9 Jetbikes with twin linked str 6 guns???  They has a lv 2 witch on a bike with them.

Those guys were very hard to deal with as they were very fast and a 2+ cover with some witch power.

A anti flyer flyer of some kind.

The game was normal deployment with KP.  I was hoping for an objective game.  This was my second game of 7th first with my BT this edition.  We had a good amount of LoS blocking but it was a lot of small pieces vs much larger ones.  It created a few channels for long range fire support.

Fun game I own but I did not think I would have.  His list was easy as he did not have a wraith knight in it as we were trying out our list for next weekends RTT of codex old no LoW or data slates.  He was making an easier list as people were not liking his three wraith knight lists. 

I post a bat rep later this week.

Haha, sounds like he needs to read a lot of his rules. the standard bike gun is str 4. The upgraded cannon is str 6. Also his standard guns are 12" assault 2. With the exception of the blue mohawk guys which is 18" assault 2. the cannon is the 24" range str 6 heavy 3, but bikes and relentless so yea. Also He can make any of his guys twin linked with his witch powers though. Just remember it only works in shooting, not assault! Just remember eldar guns are really scary, everything is ap2 or rending. Or it's a wave serpent and it's 17000 shots at 60" and ignores cover str 7 twin linked. Hope The predators did well. They usually are mvp for taking out wave serpents for me.

Turn one:

First turn an Ironclad deployed via drop pod deep strike in the northwest part of the enemy battle line. He dowsed 4 xenos bikers with promethium in a heroic moment to start the battle.  Far to the southwest a Crusader squad's drop pod deep struck and tried to make an alpha strike on some war walkers.  Between the nighttime attack, dust kicked up from the drop pod and the wall the War walkers were obscured behind they only suffered minor damage.  The two Predator Annihilators offered fire support from the north and south of the east side of the battlefield.  With Lascannons burning through the night at several targets they only struck down one Wraith Guard.  Helbrecht in his Land Raider Crusader took to the field pushing in to offer some fire support for the Crusader squad that had struck deep into enemy territory.  

The Xenos scourge retaliated by casting an over indulgence of blasphemous witch powers just to taunt the Black Templar.  A squad of 5 Dark Reapers emerged from the shadows of the second floor of a ruined building killing the Neophytes of the Crusader squad.  The three vial Wave Serpent tanks in the southwest would not tolerate the compromised battle line and slaughtered the remaining Crusader Squad and their drop pod was left a smoking wreck.  To the northwest the bike squad streaked to the east leaving the Ironclad far behind hunting one of the Predator Annihilators.  The witchcraft constructs known as Wraith Guard joined battle with the Ironclad.  In a flurry of blows the Ironclad took some damage but it was still in the fight.  

More to come...

Nice start on the bat rep. Quick question, what do you mean by 'northwest part of the enemy battleline'? Do you mean the top right corner? I know it sounds cooler to say 'northwest corner' but as a reader it's easier to understand if you just 'right of the battle line' or something like that. Like I said nice start, can't wait to hear the rest.

Archived