Headlamps. In particular, the part on the Apothecary back pack. I can honestly say that I haven't a clue how to paint them to a decent standard.

What I don't want to do is a yellow light with black crosses. To me, these lights need to be strong and if possible, glowing. Perhaps a frosted blue-white look?

Does anyone have an suggestions or know of a decent tutorial I could view? How do you go about doing yours?

If you want glowing - then contrast is key.

Paint a dark base layer, then paint a smaller circle a lighter color, then a yet smaller circle almost white.

There should be some tutorials already about on how to do eye lenses and vehicle spotlights that are similar.

Aye, I've been looking on here and on Youtube but I can't quite see something that fits. Been thinking of a white base and applying increasing amounts of blue ink with perhaps an ice blue drybrush but I can't seem to grasp what I'm imagining :(

You don't want a lot of contrast where the grill meets the "glass", or it will look like its casting a shadow on the glass, rather than the glass being being the strongest light source. Just a bit to give the impression of colour where the light is slightly diminished by the grill being in the way.

My approach is to paint the entire light white, paint the bars of the grill a bright silver (no highlighting, just basecoat with the brightest silver I have), then wash and glaze each individual segment with your choice of transparent colours - most of my lights are yellowish, so I use thinned washes of Casandora Yellow, Lamenters Yellow and Tamiya Clear Yellow - leaving pure white in the centre of each segment.

Archived