Armor sets in the XIXth legion

Tiger9gamer

Yes. The Raven Guard used the MKVI pattern during field tests against eldar before the outbreak of the heresy, have ~1000 suits during the Dropside Massacre and get a big wave of MKVI armour from the Imperial Fists after Istvaan. They also make use of MKII, MkIII (breachers f.e.) and IV pattern during the last days of the Great Crusade and MK V during the heresy. (There even where Terran Veterans with Cataphractii pattern Terminator-armour, called "the Deliverers")

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/rgvetsgte1j6iganwr.jpg

Either deliverance lost or raven's flight. A surviving techmarine (the one that eventually repairs corax's jumppack) doing a demo on an improvised 'improved' armour (supposed to be better against bolter rounds); i remember reading this too and thinking: this is how Mk V begins...

My understanding is, heresy armour is any mark of armour forged by the legions themselves or standard armour marks modified/ uparmoured by the legions.

and prototype armour (mantilla pattern should became the classic MKV)

My understanding is, heresy armour is any mark of armour forged by the legions themselves or standard armour marks modified/ uparmoured by the legions.

and prototype armour (mantilla pattern should became the classic MKV)

Or, really, any locally created power armour. The XIII Legion's Praetor plate comes to mind. Technically, that's Mk V plate.

i think heresy armour is any armour  made or modified to withstand astartes weapons. thicker plates studs and more power cables to supply the demand of heavier armour ect all the mk's forge on mars were never design to withstand bolter shells or the accuratie   that an astartes can fire them . the legions had to evolve their armour and tactics to deal with a new type or war and emamy (themselves).

heresy armour may vary from suit to suit but they would have a common design of loads if studs extra plates and lots of power cables. thats the impression i get anyway 

isn't heresy armor just other armors taped together after the battles?

The Mark V "Heresy" armor as released by Forge World is simply the "typical" look for that mark. 

In reality, Mark V encompasses any and all combinations of armor between Marks IV and VI. It is supposed to represent the Legions during the Horus Heresy, when they had to devise means of replacing their losses internally and largely independent of the Martian Forge Worlds. 

A suit of Mark II with Mark IV pauldrons and helmet? Mark V. 

A suit of Mark III with Mark VI thruster pack and Mark VI helmet? Mark V. 

So on and so forth. The point is represent a Legion force cut off from their regular supply chain and having to improvise from their armory and/or scavenge off the enemy dead in order to meet their demands. My personal rule: the shabbier and the more mismatching the better. 

Keep in mind that Mark V is what most Chaos Space Marines took into the Eye of Terror with them at the conclusion of the Horus Heresy. 

Archived