New FAQ

CatSmasher

Murderfang now finally has S8 when charging. YAY!

Stormfang lost the only thing he had going for him. BOO!

Bloodclaw issue has been resolved.

Lucky Cyber Wolves are still all characters :D

One thing has not been addressed though, the T5 Cyber Wolves on the back page.

It's not like too many of us where using the Helfrost Destructor anyways... tongue.png

The Armor of Asvald Stormwrack was not touched on. Sad.

Didn't Harald already have 4 wounds??

Gotta get Murderfang built up!! I am glad to see his claws fixed!!

End of Line

Lazy GW is lazy.  Missed cyberwolves on the profile chart but fixed two others on that page.

A TWM plus power fist clarification would have been nice.  By now people and events have their opinion on that but it still has to be an FAQ.

Not SW related but I find it interesting that Skull Throne and Khorne cannon got an "update".

It is interesting that on the pdf it says last updated August 2014 but here it is almost November and we are just getting these FAQs.

I would have liked to see a clarification on taking Lords of War not in the escalation book.  There is nothing laid out in the BRB or in respective codexes on the additional rules that are given to your opponent in the escalation book.

Armor of Asvlad not being looked at is lame too.

Stormfang lost the only thing he had going for him. BOO!

Stormfang didn't lose anything. The profile on the Summary sheet on the back page was simply corrected to align to what was already in the Wargear entry on page 95. So, no change made to what was already true.

One thing has not been addressed though, the T5 Cyber Wolves on the back page.

Unit entry is still what matters, so you refer to the profile on page 77 and can pen and ink change your Summary in the back to align with the unit entry. Sure, they should have noticed it and corrected it, as they did with Harald's Wounds and the Helfrost Destructor, but not a big deal that they missed it.

It would have been nice, but they probably didn't feel the need to. It does already say that it is Terminator Armour in the Relic entry, after all.

Didn't Harald already have 4 wounds??

Yes, in his unit entry, but not in the profile Summary in the back. This errata fixes the Summary.

What is interesting to me is that they only actually provided Errata with this document, so only changes to existing rules. They didn't actually answer any of the Frequently Asked Questions at all, which is a shame, as there are a few. I highly recommend everyone email them with the questions that you still want answered. We'll go back through the pinned FAQ thread to determine what's still out there to be answered.

Best,

V

Valerian said:

It would have been nice, but they probably didn't feel the need to. It does already say that it is Terminator Armour in the Relic entry, after all.

You know how I feel about this, Val. I have just had to deal with a Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf wearing the armor now, like it's alright... Played by 2 different players. Both of whom acted like I was the one full of censored.gif and nit picking the details. It sure would of been nice to stick the FAQ'ed version in their faces.

Hold a grudge?? Who, me??!! tongue.png

End of Line

so you refer to the profile on page 77 and can pen and ink change your Summary in the back to align with the unit entry.

I have the wolfguard ED, I'm not going near it with a pen and feel pretty mad that I have errors in my over expensive book, But hey, I should have known right msn-wink.gif

TWM plus power fist clarification was mention in these posts.

What is the issue that needs clarifying?

There are two thoughts around this, based primarily on the rule of additives to stat lines. 

Some argue, the mount gives +1 STR and PF X2 should be (4 (base) X2 + 1 for mount) = S9

Others argue, (4+1) X2 = S10

The argument is whether the TWM alters the base statline of str or adds to it. Altered would imply you multiply the altered as per profile S5.

BRB states, multiply first then apply additions or subtractions after. 

The issue is that the statline doesnt state 4(+1) but 5. 

I'm of the personal opinion that S10 is the correct intepretation 

Find it funny that a terminator can only use other power weapons in their left hand but axes are reserved for ambidextrous folks.nice to finally have an alternative to WC/SS combo, annoying that it only extends to axes though I guess you can argue that the WC is better that other initiative striking weapons. Also bit miffed about the cyberwolves but I guess you win some, you lose some.

There are two thoughts around this, based primarily on the rule of additives to stat lines. 

Some argue, the mount gives +1 STR and PF X2 should be (4 (base) X2 + 1 for mount) = S9

The argument is whether the TWM alters the base statline of str or adds to it. Altered would imply you multiply the altered as per profile S5.

I think thats retarded discussion. THe +1 Effects the model and the "wearer" of the Weapon. So the Modell has Str 5 because he is riding a Wolf. What weapon he uses is insignificant for that. In plain logic now 5 x 2 is 10.

Everyone Arguing otherwise is plainy not thinking or want to have a weaker enemy.

May sound Arrogant but i cant see it another way

I think thats retarded discussion. THe +1 Effects the model and the "wearer" of the Weapon. So the Modell has Str 5 because he is riding a Wolf. What weapon he uses is insignificant for that. In plain logic now 5 x 2 is 10.

Everyone Arguing otherwise is plainy not thinking or want to have a weaker enemy.

100% correct.  I wasnt even aware people were arguing about this.  It is absolutely clear - there is no ambiguity in this AT ALL.  TWM adjusts the base statistics.  THEN the powerfist/hammer/whatever comes into effect.

Anyone arguing with that is just being ridiculous.

The Armour one (Termie) is also COMPLETELY clear.  It is termie armour.  So you can't use it on anything which termie armour cannot be used on.

It's like (but the opposite) the idiots who were complaining that runic armour wasn't power armour.  When it specifically said it was.

Neither of these points need FAQing.  They are there ... in the rules ... in black and white.

I agree with you...

But saying its a retarded discussion point is not actually fair to the camp opposing the S10 in favor of S9. (BTW, I'm of the opinion its S10, just to clarify). To expand on the technical argument they have, and please understand, I do understand what they claiming and I blame GW for its fuzzy style of rulw writing with often ambiguous and non-specific ways. 

Let me detail their 'technical' BRB RAW argument. 

a thuderwolf mount is classified as "special issue wargear". Check your codex. It therefore should be treated as any other wargear. 

exert from codex : "In addition, a model upgraded to have a Thunderwolf mount increases their Strength, Toughness, Attacks and Wounds characteristics by 1 (these bonuses are already included in the profiles of models that have a Thunderwolf mount as part of their standard wargear)."

Next, BRB states : "If a model has a combination of rules or wargear that modify a characteristic, first apply any multipliers, then apply any additions or subtractions, and finally apply any set values. For example, if a model with Strength 4 has both ‘+1 Strength’ and ‘double Strength’, its final Strength is 9 (4×2=8, 8+1=9). If a model with Strength 4 has both ‘+1 Strength’ and ‘Strength 8’, its final Strength is 8 (ignore +1 Strength and set it at 8)."

Again, I'm not making the case for S9, I think it should be S10. But you can understand how your opponent could argue the point. Asking for a FAQ in this regard is clearly not a "retarted" request :)

But it is clear because of the ones who have TWC in their standard stat line.  So TWC have a BASIC characteristic of S5.  Nothing to add.  So they have that doubled.

But a Lord being given a TWC has a 4 in their basic characteristic - which is then added to when he goes on the TWC.

Are people REALLY trying to argue that the basic TWC has S5 - but the lord doesn't?  That a basic TWC has S10 with a powerfist - but the lord has S9.

Just ridiculous semantics, which is why GW spend half their time trying to word things so that people can't make this level of daft argument ... then the other half having to draft FAQs to stop the same people causing game mechanic nightmares.

Just VERY frustrating in my opinion.

HDL

On the same level - but NOT in our favour - the people trying to argue that armour is not termie armour - need to Grow Up !

Jeeez, how clear do they need to be?

It is strength 8 all the time now, as I read it, not only on the charge. +1 strength to the claws applies all the time. Furious charge is still a useless rule for him though smile.png

Am I right on this?

No, as Murderfang's claws have been changed to giving +1S, instead of a flat S7. Therefore when charging he gets +1 from the claws and +1 for FC to his profile S6 for S8. Without the charge, it's only the claws boosting his strength, so 6+1, S7.

Archived