***2014 Solstice Advance***

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/gallery_29004_6198_253529.jpg

Can you hear the call of the North Star
Feel it's longing in your heart
This bond is eternal sworn through blood
At the end we will stand as one!!
Even if the daylight dies
Our horde marches on and on
If we should fall down to the ground
We'll rise again and never give up!!

-Blood is the Price of Glory, Ensiferum-

As Fenris moves towards it’s long winters journey, the Space Wolves prepare the Aett for the unforgiving forces of nature. Pouring snow and ice into every crag, chilling every bone. Slowly turning towards the inevitable season, the Fang is more alive than ever. Skywarriors return to the hearth from worlds far and away, bringing experience back to the pack, making it ever stronger. The Wolf Priests begin an increased number of trips to the planets surface, looking for true warriors among the mortals. Massive feasts are held in the name of Russ and the All-Father. Booming voices echoing through the stone halls as Wolf Lords tell their stories of heroism and battle. The Rune Priests gather their scrying regalia and look to the future. The rune of Hagalaz has been cast. It's divination spoke through the psychers' glowing blue eyes, symbolizing a time of seasonal change and shifting ideals. Much like the planet's crust that Morkai himself thrusts his mighty maw through, upward from the depths of the Fenrisian sea. The future of the chapter can be seen growing like a rare flower upon the crags of Asaheim, weathering the elements as all around life itself hangs upon unknown forces. But Hagalaz can also be read as a warning of catastrophic times to come. The ravening second head of the wolf god, pulling mankind back into darkness. This must be avoided. A more dire point cannot be made.

Welcome to the 2014 Solstice Advance!! This is a painting event where members of the Bolter & Chainsword can place a painting related vow and then complete it. You are not competing against anyone other than yourself. With a new codex and some really great models to go with it, there is no better time than now to get more of your army ready for battle!!

Here is the Vow you will make:

I [enter your name here] vow to complete [enter the units you want to pledge here] for the glory of the Chapter by the 23rd of January 2015.

Here are the rules:

Make a single vow containing any number from units from Codex: Space Wolves.

Paint them all before this event ends on the 23rd of January 2015.

Two photos are required- a 'before' and an 'after'.

To signify you are taking place in this event I have provided a banner for each participants signature. Once you complete ALL of your vows, you may replace the participant banner with the 'Complete' banner and then add the Talisman Wolf Priest Max_Dammit has created for us.

The 'before' picture can be anywhere from your models on the sprue to the beginning stages of painting (base-coated). The 'after' picture is one of your finished models. You are the judge of what 'complete' is, but you should paint them to the best of your abilities.

Please ask as many questions as needed, I will answer them here, or via PM.

This is the Banner to signify you are participating.

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/unnamed.jpg

This is the banner to signify you completed your vow.

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/unnamed2.jpg

Lastly, the Talisman that can also be displayed upon completion.

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/Khyron666/satali.gif

I want to extend the heartiest of thanks to:

Captain Semper, Forte, Max_Dammit, Immersturm, and my wife!!

The assistance provided by these valiant warriors (and Valkyrie) has made this event all the more special.

The time has come, brothers. Let us Begin!!

End of Line

Vows:

-Immersturm- 1 Thunder Wolf Lord

-Konnavaer- 10 BC -COMPLETED-

-ZOOZ- Harald Deathwolf, 3 TWC, 15 BC, 10PA WGPL/WG, 1 RP,  5 Skyclaws, 1 Landspeeder, 1 Drop Pod, 5 TDAWG

-Nadir- 1 Thunder Wolf Lord

-FenrisWolf- 3 TWM IP, Harald Deathwolf, 1Thunder Wolf Lord/Battle Leader

-jbickb- 1 Land raider crusader, 1 Land raider redeemer, 1 Land raider, 2 vindicators, 1 Predator anihilator, 1 Stormwolf

-mactire- 1 Land Raider

-Wolf Priest Red Beard- 1 Land Raider Crusaider

-CatSmasher- Logan Grimnar on Stormrider -COMPLETE-

-Vash113- 5 TDAWG

-Brother Champoin Wulox- 15 man legion tactical squad (SW of course)

-Vampyrer0me0- 1 Wolf Priest, 1 Wolf Guard Battle Leader

-Bjorn Stormfang- 1 Stormfang Gunship and Logan Grimnar

-dusara217- 1 Drop Pod, 2 GH packs, 1 WG and 1 Rhino

-Ironwulf- Logan Grimnar of Stormrider and Krom Dragongaze

-Ullr Direfang- 1 Wolf Lord, 1 Wolf Priest,  10 GH

-Snuggatron- 5 TDAWG, 11 Long Fangs, 1 Ven Dread, 1 Land Raider Crusader and Krom Dragongaze

-Leif Bearclaw- 20 GH

-Rune_Priest_Rhapsody- 3 FenWolves, 1 RP on 'Bike', 5 TWC and 1 BlizzDread

-Guinness Drinking Dwarf- 1 Ven Dread

-Fray- 20 GH

-mithrilforge- 5 GH. 5 BC, 1 WGBL, 1 Rhino, 3 TWC

-Thunder God- 1 Storm Wolf, 15 Blood Claws and 1 Thunder Wolf Lord

-PupLord-  1 Predator, 1 Ven Dread and 4 WGBL

-Whiteridder- 1 Landraider Crusader, 5 void claws and 1 Stormwolf

-Temper- 5 TDAWG, 10 WG Bikes, 20 GH, 2 Rhinos, 15 BC, 1 Land Raider Crusader and 3 TWC

-ContemptuousAngel- Wolf Lord, 5 WG, TDAWP, 15 BC, 10 GH, 1 Land Raider Redeemer, 1 Rhino and 1 Razorback

-Baulder- 1 RP and 5 Skyclaws -COMPLETE-

-Wulfgar Ironmane-  5 GH and 1 WGBL

-Coldfang- Murderfang, Arjac Rockfist and 1 Stormwolf/fang

-Ekgar_Wolf- 1 Wolf Lord  and 5 GH/BC

-Rune Priest Sven- 1 dreadnought, 5 sniper scouts, 1 Wolf Lord in TDA, 3 TDAWG, 1 TDALW, 5 Skyclaws, 10 BC and 1 GH

-Vykryl- 1 Wolf Lord, 4 TDAWG, 1 Dread and 1 TDALW
-Frost Wolf- 1 Thunder Wolf Lord

-rgr_maddog- 6 WG Bikers, 1 Stormwolf/fang and 5 BC/GH/WG

-Max_Dammit- 1 Stormwolf -COMPLETE-

-Hrafnkel- 1 Wolf Lord, 2 Fenrisian Wolves and 5 TWC

-Wolfbrother Frór- 1 Thunderwolf Lord and 5 TWC

-codyrstuart- Bjorn the Fell-handed, 10 Grey Hunters, 1 WGPL and 1 Predator

-dantay_xv- 1 Sicaran battle tank

-Yoyo Ninja- Krom Dragongaze and Wolf Priest Horik

-torin- 5 SW Scouts

-MaveriK- 1 Iron Priest

-Sturm Moonwolf- 1 Stormwolf

Updated 1/8/2015

Let me be the first one to step forward.

I, Immersturm, vow to complete my one and only Wolf Lord.

I want to dedicate all this time to one model. The model most of you already know.

'Before' and 'After' picture will be posted here, progress will be in my WIP thread. A link to it is in my signature.

Bring the ale and let the feast commence!

I am proud to follow brother Immerstum and step up to the challenge.

I, Konnavaer, vow to complete a pack of ten blood claws for the glory of the Chapter by the 23rd of January 2015.

Once my pack of hot blooded killers are ready to be painted I will post the before pic here, after to follow in due course.

*Raises a tankard to the rest of the pack*

Come join us brothers !

Update: my before picture, the wolf guard leader is almost complete as he is going to be transferred across to lead the pack and lend a wise head and tempered sword arm, the rest is as you see it brothers... msn-wink.gif

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a513/cfinch88/IMG_2100_zpscd8dc7b1.jpg

I,  Zooz, vow to complete :

Cavalry Units

1x Harald Deathwolf on TW

3x TWC 

Power Armor Units

15x Bloodclaws

10x PA WGPL/WG

1x Rune Priest

5x  Bloodclaw Jump Pack

Vehicles

1x Landspeeder

1x Drop Pod

Terminators

5x WG TDA

for the glory of the Chapter by the 23rd of January 2015.

For Russ, for the all-father

Ah jeez, now I feel all insecure and worthless.

I Mactire vow to complete a Land Raider for the glory of the VI Legion by the 23rd of January 2015.

If I manage this in reasonable time I will pledge more, but I know a couple of reallife things coming down the track are going to leave me scrambling as usual to finish. The joys of life rolleyes.gif

I'm currently paining up a 30k SW army using the crusade list from the HH books. Is this still allowed as they are space wolves afterall?

Cheers, James

whats a 1000 years between brothers? msn-wink.gif

A Bjorning time if you're lucky.

Must we vow a whole unit or can we just vow a couple of models?

You may vow as many models as you like. It's your call. Just ensure they are Space Wolves!! msn-wink.gif

I'm currently paining up a 30k SW army using the crusade list from the HH books. Is this still allowed as they are space wolves afterall?

Cheers, James

I will correct the opening post to include 30K. As mentioned by other members, I do not see why you wouldn't be able to. Vow away brother!!

I Vash vow to complete five Wolf Guard Terminators for the glory of the Chapter by the 23rd of January 2015.

If I finish quickly I may add another vow, we'll see!

Vash, you are allowed to make a single Vow towards the event. If you want to paint more, please do!! But the initial models are the only ones counted. If you want to adjust your vow, let me know, brother!!

Great to see so many vows already!! These events really appeal to me, and I am glad to see that I am not the only one!!

End of Line

Must we vow a whole unit or can we just vow a couple of models?

You may vow as many models as you like. It's your call. Just ensure they are Space Wolves!! msn-wink.gif

Cheers, James

I will correct the opening post to include 30K. As mentioned by other members, I do not see why you wouldn't be able to. Vow away brother!!

Great to see so many vows already!! These events really appeal to me, and I am glad to see that I am not the only one!!

End of Line

Cheers!

I Brother Champion Wulox wow to complete a 15 man legion tactical squad (space wolves of course msn-wink.gif ) for the glory of the Chapter (legion? laugh.png) by the 23rd of January 2015.

Will likely add more once I've completed that squad, just don't want to overburden myself too much to begin with. Just getting back into the hobby properly! smile.png

I Rurik Ulfhamar vow to complete my wolf priest and wolf guard battle leaders. They are the leaders of my tourney forces and by the ancestors they should be painted.

Vampyrer0me0, can you give me an exact count on the models you are vowing please??

Is it one Priest and one Battle leader??

Cheers!!

Great show so far, brothers!!

End of Line

Good to see some old names here. Best of luck everyone. I'm sure they'll be Mjod in the tavern for those who are successful. And cleaning out the Wolves for those who don't ;)

Archived