Armageddon Stompa Hunters

librisrouge

Armageddon Stompa Hunters formation has always been something that brought a smile to my face and is one of the many things about the Sentinel that just makes me think of how cool they are.

While I know that this formation is both out of date and for apocalypse (of which I've played exactly 0 games), I'm considering taking the plunge and making these guys my next project after I finish my three Knights. To afford them, from a stores that have ok prices since Sentinels aren't moving nowadays, I'd be selling quite a bit. Probably something like...my flyers (two Vendettas that I just don't enjoy using), my existing sentinels (five banged up Scout sentinels I don't ever use because...scout sentinels), three razorbacks (painted very well as Inquisition guys that I picked up way cheap for an I army I never made and probably won't), and a Land Raider (for same I army.) Hopefully that'd get me enough to pick up nine Sentinel kits (I have the tenth from an army box.)

I'd probably field them too! Especially since I'd magnetize the Hell out of the weapons so that the whole range becomes and option. Plasma cannons, lascannons, and the humble multilaser are my favorite.

And if GW ever updates the formation for standard 40k? All the better. I'd field it. In a heart beat.

My question to this forum...would this be a worthwhile project considering what I'd get and what I'd be giving up for it?

Sounds to me like you're looking for opinions needlessly, looks like you already want to do it! If you're going to use the Sentinels then it'll be worth doing but only you can decide if the other models are worth the sacrifice. If you're not going to use them then better to replace them with something you will in my opinion :)

It'd be very cool and give you a great theme to work with, I also hear there's a Sentinel magnetising tutorial on the way so you could take that as a sign from the Emperor...

Signs from the Emperor are not to be hidden, they should be presented for all to see so they may witness His beneficence! :P

I like Sentinels too, the kits are great and they can be effective on the table top. I was sorely tempted by the Sentinel mega set GW did some time ago but it was a ridiculous number of Sentinels and if I remember right didn't actually offer any savings...

I speak as one who will never own a flyer and who doesnt like them in 40k games... if you can possibly keep one if not both of them then do! they go for a ton so will be hard to replace easily... and they are fairly effective from what I've read/seen/general consensus is... you may change your opnion on them down the line and they might be costly to replace.

The other stuff... tbh sentinels for sentinels, cant see issue, and the other stuff... I know that feeling, if you ever get round to wanting to do that army again you will want to start from scratch rather than pick up a half start you lost love with before, so no reason to keep them.

Jsut my 2 pennies, for what they are worth

I ran the sentinel mega squad in apoc games a few years ago... It was a blast! I didn't do the Armageddon hunters but put autocannons on mine and used them for TDA or med AFV hunting. 20 AC shots plus the plasma cannon dice from the 'sgt' did a number on pretty much everything.

I picked the box and a few more sentinels up for a song from a local guy who was getting out... I really like the chicken legs and plan to break them out as a security force for a knight(whenever I get one ;)- I know, a knight will be guarding the sentinels right:)

That settles it then, I suppose. I'll do it.

I do have one, somewhat important question, about the upcoming Sentinel magnetization tutorial. Will it contain information about how to swap out Sentinels from the armored to scout types? That would be awesome but I'm at a lose on how I'd want to do it myself. I'm leaning toward just magnetizing the roof or the whole armored cockpit and having the open top or complete lack of canopy being the marker that they're scout sentinels.

That settles it then, I suppose. I'll do it.

I do have one, somewhat important question, about the upcoming Sentinel magnetization tutorial. Will it contain information about how to swap out Sentinels from the armored to scout types? That would be awesome but I'm at a lose on how I'd want to do it myself. I'm leaning toward just magnetizing the roof or the whole armored cockpit and having the open top or complete lack of canopy being the marker that they're scout sentinels.

yes ;)

Good news, I was only thinking that maybe I could do with some Sentinels so maybe I will join you in adding some to my force. When I've finished a few of my current projects that is (I'm learning, slowly) :P I look forward to seeing your work on them libris :D

The very image that makes me wish this formation were legal for 40k.

Warriorfish, while I'm committed now to the project my wife has repeatedly commented that the only project I've ever seen through was my marriage...which if you're only going to pick one is the one I recommend.

I'll see my three Knights and five assassins painted first, giving me my first painted 1850 ever, then I'll start on this. I might purchase and assemble some in between though, to break things up. I just love assembly and gaming a TON more than painting sadly. Est. 2016 :)

Archived