Best List to Proxy Ad Mech?

Charlo

Hi fellow Omnissiah worshippers!

I have always loved the Admech and wanted to convert an Army for myself and while I love that forge world has rules and models these days it always seems risky seeing as someone could just plain refuse to play on the grounds of balance.

So my question to you is:

What is the best army to represent Admech from the normal Codicies?

Tau seem like a good shout with all kinds of Automata/ Battlesuit Cross over, as well as necrons with thier general shootiness and bionic play style.

If not I'm sure a combined Space Marine/ IG and Inquisition list could do an admirable job, but I think the Tau might win out with emulating the theme better.

What are your thoughts BnC?

IH Chapter Tactics Space Marines isn't a bad shout, with or without Clan Raukaan supplement;

MotF + Techmarines, scouts as Skitarii, ironclads and centurions as larger constructs?

Edit: plus a Knight or two in an allied detachment, of course!

I have always loved the Admech and wanted to convert an Army for myself and while I love that forge world has rules and models these days it always seems risky seeing as someone could just plain refuse to play on the grounds of balance.

So? If they're gonna complain about Forge World rules, they don't sound like a worthwhile opponent. Not while Tau and Eldar curbstomp even good lists to dust without breaking a sweat. AdMech are powerful but I wouldn't say they're broken. Not the way xenos are in 40k. 

Honestly, I'd be looking at Marines+IG. That lets you represent elite Skittari forces, as well as Praetorians (count-as Centurions). Contemptor-Dreads are a decent sub for Legio Cybernetica bots (they even re-use a lot of the same tech). Plus of course Forgelords, Tech-Marines and the Iron Hands Chapter Tactics/Clan Rauukan. IG let you have good artillery and tanks, plus Vendettas and cheap infantry to represent Thrall units. 

Archived