This thread, and others like it, only collect what is relevant to their subforum or thread topic. This one is specific to Raven Guard because it's in the Raven Guard subforum. There's an Iron Hands one in the Iron Hands subforum, there are multiple thread topics for each Traitor Legion in the Chaos Marines subforum and so on and so forth.

The Ultramarines don't appear to have one, from what I can see from the Ultramarines subforum, but if you speak to Captain Idaho and Seahawk, who lead that subforum, perhaps one can be made.

I think you've missed my point.

I like the Ultramarines paint scheme, and enjoyed McNeill's books.

I'm not particularly fond of their doctrine nor how they play in the tabletop version of 40k, hence my adoption of two reserve companies, the 6th (biker-based, using C:SM White Scars and/or C:DA Ravenwing) and the 8th (jumper-based, previously using C:BA, and now considering C:SM Raven Guard [with Korvydae] or C:SM [ForgeWorld] Fire Hawks).

I see no reason why I should be restricted to looking for strategies/tactics - specifically those related to the use of jump-pack equipped marines (ASM or VV) which I believe to be an RG specialty - in the UM subforums because of my preference regarding paint.

I see that I did, after re-reading it. Sorry, I thought you said you were still fielding an Ultramarines Company but intended to use Raven Guard rules, which is why I was trying to direct you to where a topic about listing Ultramarines Companies and Successors would be. I missed the part where you wanted to recreate your army as a Raven Guard Successor, while keeping the color scheme.

No, there's no reason why you can't do that. You got a Chapter name in mind? I suppose technically that's all you need.

Now, that said, you're not restricted at all, even if you did keep them as Ultramarines. So long as your local playing group is okay with that, it really doesn't matter. If you want your army to still be the Ultramarines, keep it that way. You might not be able to add it to this topic's list, but that doesn't stop anybody from discussing rules.

As an aside, if you want to really go through with it and create some lore and write up an Index Astartes article for what has essentially become your DIY Chapter, you can discuss it in the Liber Astartes subforum as well.

Interestingly enough, when I was looking up any Conn-somethings already registered here, Connman was one of the taken ones. So was just Conn, and the bastard hadn't even been online for like a dozen years, but ah well. Conn Eremon is more personalized anyways, vastly more likely to not be taken already like I had to constantly deal with just Conn.

And look who's talking, Ludo. :p

Thanks for the quick response, Raven's Knight. Insert just as planned meme, because of course a Raven Guard fan likes the idea of hiding in plain sight. :wink:

Are we going on about the Covens supplement story? Yeah it was strictly DE fanservice. Had a "Anything you can do I can do better. Because we're the main faction of this supplement." ring to it.

Also, I'm back in full swing. Life interrupted my hobby-time. I'm now returning to my 30k RG force and by extension, since a lot of the marines will be from the Pale Nomads chapter, my 40k Carcharodons.

Yeah, Flint. I didn't have a problem with it. I thought it was kind of nice to have a random NL running around messing with the RG guy's head. Subtly implying that he should be doing things differently. That he didn't think for himself. Corax being there got weird, but in a way in reinforced both of their points.