Fear To Tread

Shaezus

Not sure if there's already a thread like this so apologies if I tread on anyone's tootsies!

Think I've read it four or five times now and I'll probably read it again soon as my friend has finished it, as it's great for getting into the BA mode before a big tourny. AFAIK it's still the biggest selling BL novel and, although most non-BA players seem unaware of this, it did reach 13th in the New York Times Bestseller list. So to milk my most favourite topic I think:

1. What's your favourite scene and why?

2. Who's your favourite character? Apart from Sanguinius ofc :p If you yourself were a Blood Angel, which character most closely fits who you would be?

3. What would you like to see in the next BA novel?

I'll get the ball rolling...

1. The scene on Signus Prime when the forces of chaos arrive to 'assist' the governer. All the HH novels I've read so far have portrayed the plight of civilians really well and FTT is no exception, it brings home the horror they go through and the kind of foe the BA are up against, so it reminds us of who the BA really are, for facing them and destroying them.

2. Brother Meros. I don't know if he really knew what he was in for, but he saw what had happened to Captain Tagas (the name right??) and still did what he did. If I could choose to be a BA character I would go for Sergeant Cassiel, he seems to be a unremarkable and fairly low-key dude, but he steps up to the mark every time when the SHTF and is totally switched on. Oh yeah and he had the brass baals (tip of hat to Jolemai) to show that Word Bearers captain just who was in charge round here.

3. Apart from the battle for Terra in HH, I would really like to see something which brings us up to date in M41, something to do with the apparently galaxy-long queue of xenos coming to trash our yard! Also something that follows a unit of jump assault marines would be pretty cool.

"You are nothing to me." - Sanguinius, before dishing sheven shades of sheet to a puny little maggot of a Bloodthirster thing...

I read it and quite liked it. Was very happy that certain spears and/or other plotholes werent pulled on us. Sangy bringing the beatstick to the bloodthirster was insanely awesome :)

If im not mistaken (only read the novel once...) Sangy would have beaten him on the first go if the Bloodthirster dident pull some cheap :cussty trick on him, which just goes to show how bad ass he is :D

A bloodthirster, a beeing that by all accounts should count on his prowess in battle to win a fight had to pull a cheap shot to even stand a chance of winning cool.png

1. Favorite scene is at the end when a revived Sanguinius appears at the cathedral and just annihilates the daemons like they are chumps. I think it truly shows that Sanguinius, when all things are equal, was the most powerful primarch in battle prowess.

2. Kano.

3. I actually would like an account of the defense of the Emperor's Palace on Terra, or the battle for Terra. The Blood Angels and Sanguinius would play a big role along with the IF, WS, Dorn and the Khan?

The Space Wolf characters get honorable mention, I liked them.

1. In all honesty, my favorite scene is where Kano is trying to rescue Sanguinius from the curse and sees all of the different possible futures. I love What if? scenarios and that hit it right on the mark. 

2. I'll admit, not a lot of depth to the character, but I like Raldoran. 

3. I know they shouldn't linger on it, but I do want at least a quarter of the book dealing with the Second Imperium and Sanguinius as Regent. I'd like to see how he handles the burden of managing a government and interacting with his brothers. Could also deal with the issue of the Nikea Edict, warning the other legions about daemons and so on.

1. In all honesty, my favorite scene is where Kano is trying to rescue Sanguinius from the curse and sees all of the different possible futures. I love What if? scenarios and that hit it right on the mark. 

2. I'll admit, not a lot of depth to the character, but I like Raldoran. 

3. I know they shouldn't linger on it, but I do want at least a quarter of the book dealing with the Second Imperium and Sanguinius as Regent. I'd like to see how he handles the burden of managing a government and interacting with his brothers. Could also deal with the issue of the Nikea Edict, warning the other legions about daemons and so on.

Good point about Raldoran. We need a hardcore Blood Angel character HH spin-off like how the Imperial Fists have the legendary Sigismund, etc. Would be nice. 

1. Amit standing his ground in his argument with Sanguinius regarding Horus betrayal, said Primarch then smashes the pommel of his sword into his chest as a warning for crossing the line. (Why) The sheer will of Amit to not only defy a Primarch, by his own father and telling him that his opinion on the matter is wrong, a point he still refuses to recant even after Sanguinius strikes him :D one word, Amazing!

2. Nassir 'The Flesh Tearer' Amit - Master of the 5th Company ;) 

3. Amit slaughtering countless warriors on the fields of Terra

Archived