Some pics of Apoc game yesterday

Kilofix

6K Chaos + 6K Nids (Monsters)

vs

12K Imperium / IG

Don't have a turn by turn because I was too busy playing to take notes but here are some pics:

Deployment

15642372012_19f1d1821f_b.jpg

Turn 2 - Front line moves up, but Daemons Deep Strike behind and into the midst of the IG line and Artillery Park

15638855321_b0d5d86a8e_b.jpg

Anggarath, Soul Grinders and Kharybdis, DS on the left flank behind the Imperium too

15638855941_f5d4409d7b_b.jpg

Lord of Skulls kills the Cerastus and along with Nids finishes the right flank

15021504533_b6ec5e50de_b.jpg

Mid game - Monsters start taking the center too but Imperium holding the left. Gerantius is killed by 10 Chaos TDA's with Chainfist assaulting out of the Kharybdis, but not before he easily kills Abbadon who was with the TDAs. Monsters start to move to left flank. At this point, Imperium still has more VPs because they've been holding them longer (while Monsters have been running all over).

15020801234_1d932303bb_b.jpg

Scorpion bullies his way into the far-side middle VP and kills 3 squads of Deathwing (mostly through weight of fire - forcing saves, followed by one lucky stomp that no-save D'ed 3 TDAs, followed by plain close combat with a A6 Str 10 AP2 Super-Heavy). Meanwhile Anggarath and Harridan + Gargoyle Brood push into and take the left VP. Even though the middle Fort has fallen, one Priest remains defiant against the Decimator making Invul Save after Invul Save.

15454900269_d9c8e0dfb5_b.jpg

Win to Monsters but only barely.

Good game though. Imperium put up a very hard fight and a ton of return fire, and would have won in terms of sheer number of Nid brood and small Daemons that they killed. I estimate over 80 little Nids and Daemons dead. But the LoWs (Anggarath, Scorpion, LoS) took a ton of hits and kept going pushing into the VPs at the end.

• 3 weeks later...

@Jolemai - As to board size: 12' wide x 6' long

@Gunzhard - As for Harridan:

• Very hard to shoot down
  • Damage output medium (for a Super Heavy - as it doesn't like have a D-Weapon) but steady (unlike something like a ShadowLord that can be very destructive but could also miss completely)
  • High mobility helped with feinting towards one direction then shifting to secure a different objective - especially with the size of the Apoc board

• 2 weeks later...

Abaddon rolled out of that Pod and got smoked? LOL Ah same old Abe. Gotta love the guy though.

Great pictures. Love to see those battles it's time for me to whip one up shortly. (embarrassingly enough I could play both sides!)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey that's the Battleforge!! Kilofix, you're here in town?? It's caine for the BG forums:)

Looks like a fun match:.. I've not been in for months and not played in an edition now.

The kharybdis looks cool... Massive piece!

Hey man, tbh not sure if I've met you but we play Apoc Monday nights (but not next Monday), or Sat afternoon. I'll PM you my contact.

Archived