Finally Painting My Black Legion

Fatespinner

I've been playing WH40K for a little over 6 months at this point and, while I've been collecting and building units frantically, I haven't really had the time or patience to PAINT anything until recently.  Finally, after much waiting, I decided to sit down and assemble my new Chaos Land Raider a few weekends ago.  But, rather than merely build it, I decided to paint it as I assembled.  This allowed me to get at the "hard to reach" places on the model without much issue since I was pre-painting the parts before folding them into the final assembly.

I am still a total noob at this and the pictures are far from professional quality, but I feel like it's a pretty good start to my Black Legion army.

Land Raider Engine

The first thing to get painted was the interior backplate that shows the engine.  I decided early on that this was a Raider dedicated to Khorne, so I festooned everything with ample amounts of Citadel "Blood for the Blood God" as you will see in the pictures.

Land Raider Interior

Once the outer assembly was completed, I went to town on the interior with the paints.  I wanted a good 'charnel house' effect, and I think I managed it.

Land Raider Access Doors

These access ramps are often tread upon by the blood-soaked warriors of Khorne, so naturally they're a bit messy!

Land Raider Side Door

Please keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle until this ride comes to a full and complete stop...

Black Legion Land Raider Complete

After about 12 hours of combined building, painting, and finishing, it is finally table-ready and has so far served me well in the two games I've played since!

Archived