BA vs Nid's box set rumor, and our speculation

JSlade

via bell of lost souls:

via Lords of War Gaming 10-28-2014

I keep getting questions about a Tyranids Codex release and here's some info.
1. This is a model release no Tyranids codex.
2. A Campaign book will be released and if I remember correctly it's called Leviathan.
3. Blood Angels are still coming.
4. There will be a starter set that contains BA and Tyranids. It will be similar to Storm Claw.
5. Hope to update Blood Angel rumors this week.
Hope this helps. 

So, here are my questions.

• Does this make sense?
  • Could it be the Apocalypse of Baal? (as laid out in our 5E codex)
  • What would a BA Starter box look like?   (TAC, RAS, Captain, Sanguianry Priest?)
  • Why the hell is a 10x Space Wolf box the same price as a 5x DC box?

Wait, the last one is wholly unrelated.

Rate this story?

Me: 4/10.

I love these rumors. I hope they advance the BA plot line with this release. Lords of War Gaming is like 8 for 8 on recent rumors, so I take his comments seriously. 

I think a BA starter box may have something like:

- assault marine squad

- death company squad

- Furioso Dread

- razorback

- reclusiarch

Lords of War Gaming has been 100% on target with all rumors. I'd rate this 10/10. If the book is called Leviathan, it definitely sounds like a campaign based on The Darkest Hour from our current Codex which just sounds amazing.

Unfortunately Lords of War Gaming is also saying 4-5 more weeks until BA codex release. That puts it on 11/29 or 12/6. 

hmmm...Didn't the SW box come out before their codex as well? Can't remember...

And didn't their box come with a rule book (mini BRB)? I've been holding off on buying it so far...

What I expect to see in the new box:

'Nids:

"Limited edition" (until they sell it online-only 3 weeks later) Tyranid Prime

3x Warrior Brood 

15x Temigant Brood

15x Hormagaunt Brood

The new rumoured big bug - Toximajig  / Smellyfex or whatever its called

Blood Angels:

"Limited edition" (until they sell it online-only 3 weeks later) BA Librarian.

10 Asault Marines

5 Death company

5 Terminators

Nothing amazing or balanced, but a healthy mix of basic stater stuff and new releases.

Well, they still haven't started selling the stormclaw uniques online, so that part I wouldn't be too sure of..

Guess I'm still bitter about the "limited edition" Space Hulk that they re-release every now and then whenever they need to make some quick dosh.

On a less bitter note, I'd be mega exited for this release (if its real) Tyranids are my true love, and BA are my current project.

Does anyone remember what we were promised last time? The thing that turned out to be Stormclaw instead? I think it was a new, but not unique, captain, a unique sanguinary priest, some assault marines, and some tactical marines, but I don't recall exactly...

The pups got Krom, 10 Marines (5 GH and 5 BC if you were copying the box) and 5 Terminators. All of which were made from existing sprues.

Our existing  infantry sprues are Death Company and Sanguinary Guard.

So I could see something like this:

Exclusive Plastic Character (probably a Captain w/ jump pack because why would we get something useful?)
5 DC
5 ASM
5 Sanguinary Guard

Perhaps swap the ASM for another DC sprue but painted up as regular BA

You'l get a ba named captain an assault/jump squad of the black armored guys a squad of termies and a squad of tacticals.

so by the looks of it.

the captain is the unique model

5 man death company

5 terminators (id love them to be the space hulk ones)

and a tactical squad. ( probably going to be an indicator to weather we get grav weapons as i dont know any up to date release that you cant use all the options from)

id rate the original rumor as very high as its exactly what people were on about when the mix up of it and the spce wolves came about.

I have a theory. The terminators are either going to be generic ones, or they are not going to be terminators but something else. Let's face it, on table top our terminators are nothing special. Just generic terminators. GW would have already released SH terminators if they were planning to. Plust the fact that they are mono pose and use a different mold (red plastic).  Space wolves just got a single unique character out of stormclaw, so I don't expect ours to be much different. Unless we get the rumored blood brothers. We still don't know what they are going to be like. Maybe they will come with terminator armor. Or it might be the new terminator kit that people have been talking about.

tl;dr I think it is either a generic terminator squad (maybe a new box) or a new blood angels unit which I kinda doubt.

I expect:

• 1 Chaplain or Reclusiarch
  • 5 RAS
  • 5 DC
  • 10 Tacticals (new sprue)
I could see the tacticals replaced with a razorback, but I think the odds are slim.

Why is everyone assuming that this box will be bigger than the space wolf one, space wolves got 2 boxes and an HQ as did orks, but everyone here seems to think blood angels will get a third box. Why? Isn't it most logical to assume that the size of the boxes will be the same?

I hope there aren't any Terminators in this release. I already have 30+ Cataphractii/Tartaros/Indomitus suits AND the Space Hulk ones. As much as I looooovvveee Terminators...I think I have enough..

I'm hoping for :

5 Sanguinary or DC

10 Tacticals / Assault Marines

1 Captain With Jump Pack or Sanguinary Priest with jump pack 

I mean sure, assault marines aren't the bee's knee's but it would fit the theme for the Blood Angels quite well and make sense for a narrative campaign.

Archived