Sicaran vs Typhon Heavy Siege

Donkalleone

I tend to run a Mechanized Army and started thinking about ForgeWorld Tanks.

My Eyes fell on these : Sicaran Battle Tank and Typhon Heavy Siege Tank

I have only Money for one of these.

Which one do you prefer and why? I have my own Opinions but i dont want influence.

I own neither, but I am very interested in picking up a Typhon Siege Tank in the future. The Sicaran is much more versatile of a platform... they both are deadly and will have impact on the table top, I personally feel like the Typhon is just a raw in your face kind of deadly which I really like. I wouldn't be bringing the Sicaran across the board to kill stuff, I'd leave it some where relatively safe, and let it doe it's thing. 

Interested to see some responses in this thread from those that have used/ gone up against them. 

Both are good, but the comparison is a little unfair. The Typhon is a super heavy, the Sicaran isn't. But other than that quite major difference, they do different things, the Typhon is primarily geared to anti infantry work, thanks to 7th and the difficulty in exploding vehicles reliably, whereas the Sicaran can do whatever you want it to pretty well, bolter sponson give you an excellent infantry harvester, while lascannons mean it can destroy practically anything its likely to encounter (especially with the tank hunter Legacy of Glory).

So it really depends on what you're looking for.

Completely different tanks with completely different tasks. Not comparable. It is like comparing a Vindicator to a Hydra.

First, make up your mind about what you need and then see which tank fits that criteria.

My personal opinion is that I would not include the Typhon in any of my lists for the same reason I will not include the vast majority of FW stuff. Not cost-effective.

My thought was that the Typhoon might be awesome but for the Same Points i get 1 Sicaran and 2 Vindicators. While the Typhoon in itself might have AP14 and HP6 a single LasCannon Shot can still kill it. Further it has only 1 Attack.

I tended from the start to the Sicaran cause the Anti-Jinx rule + Lascannon might be a real good Skimmer hunter (Necrons).

He seems to be Cost Effective too. Does he have MaschineSpirit?

Typhon is super-heavy. A single LC shot can remove 4 HP at most. However, a melta drop pod can finish it easily, just as a few Wraithknight can. Typhon does nothing against Wraithknights.

Sicaran costs 140 with a dozer blade and in my eyes it is the single most cost-effective piece of imperial armour in game.

I came to this dilemma when i wanted 1 super heavy tank to represent my wolves in larger battles. Mainly i was looking for a tank that could give me some ignore cover. I was soooo close to making the purchase of the typhoon siege tank until i found the Icon of glory in the IA book. Where you can give a vehicle with blast markers ignore cover on all blast weapons on that vehicle so i got a legion fellblade!. Now 2 weapons have the ignore cover special rule for a price. Yes it cost more to purcahse yes it cost more points in game! however it does what the typhoon can do but better LOTS BETTER. So if you are able to dig slightly deeper and want a tank to for fil the roll of ignoring cover and shooting so many ap2 str 9 shots that most vehicles will do. Legion fellblade is your tank!.

Siccaran is defo one of those tanks you kind of never leave home with out one!. They offer so much versatility, Anti tank, Anti unit, Anti jinx unit, anti Air for 135 points. Give it a cheap upgrade and now it has tank hunter and ignore haywire on 4+ (not gonna be handy that often but meh better than nothing). 6 twin linked str 7 shots  Rending with tank hunter and ignore jinx most things will struggle.

Archived