Praise the Omnissiah!

Slips

They have grown on me. I think I would try to pose them a bit more dynamically- running or leaping. Its good to see that they made the ammo belts straight resin so that you could shape them as needed after the arms are placed.

Yeah i want to keep my model-count low and focus on knights.. but these are too good a sculpt not to get. I'll just have to wait till. i know when i'll be at family over the holidays and get them delivered there. As for rules, with many saying Mechanicum is Le Grande Fromage choosing sub-par units may well result in better balanced games. So consider them an investment in fun and sportsmanship perhaps.

Fine craftsmanship, as expected. Rules are lackluster, however.

Rotor Cannons and a Lightning Gun with only the Irad-cleanser as an alternative option means almost all of their shooting is close-range. The only weapon with decent (well, admittedly, good) range also has poor strength and AP values and is less effective if the unit is intent on moving, which is exactly what a unit with Fleet and close-range weaponry intends to do, so the Rotor Cannons won't operate at maximum effectiveness until you don't need to move at which point the range advantage is lost. The Ursarax Cohorts are faster (jump Infantry), more durable (lower toughness but FnP, otherwise equivalent, but provide three bodies instead of one) for a lower equivalent cost per model. Also, a S5 Assault weapon alongside Lightning Claws seems nasty, as is the option to take Power Fists fairly cheaply, should one desire.

In fact, with Power Fists, the Ursarax hit S10 AP2.

Yeah its dumb how weak they've made Vorax. 4+ armour is a big deal, because autocannons and heavy bolters can chew them apart. Not to mention unlike any of the other robots, they mysteriously don't have Atomantic Reactors, so no 5+ invul to shooting. Ursarax are just a better choice every time. 

As a re-work, I'd up their firepower. Replace the pathetic rotor cannons with Kheres, then they'd actually be scary. I'd also sub the dorsal gun out for a rad-engine, a torrent Fleshbane flamer is very scary and would suit their shock assault role. You could even increase their price a bit at that point, but keep them squishy so they only stick around for a turn or so. 

Archived