Slaanesh mono god Sonic Marines

tenebre

I am working on a new Slaanesh army. I wanted to make it all Sonic.

Using the noise marine apoaclypse formation rules I worked out i could subsitutute sonic weapons on a Hellblade, terminators, bikes and of course the predator. This along with the sonic marines and dreads gives a decent list.

Is there any other resource for creating an all sonic marine army? Do you think anyone would have a problem with that army?

I realize i could just give regular guys the mark but to me it just doesnt seem as cool.

I have played three squads of MSU Noise Marines with a single Blastmaster in a few tournaments and they always performed very well. Another resource is the new IA book which has Sonic dreadnoughts so I think you should grab that one too. 

An all sonic army will struggle though, especially since the Soundblaster weapons are Salvo so you need to stay in place for a turn in order to fire them to their full power. Gunlines work, they just don't work with Chaos. IMO the best thing is to make to MSU Blastmaster squads as your core, a Slaanesh Lord on Fiend for an Outflank unit and fill the remaining slots with the new goodies from Imperial Armour. 

Oh and Daemonettes play very well as and ally to an army which spams AP3 shots, especially when you go against terminators. 

I have IA 13 :) sonic dreads are a must. I dont care if the army can win, I just didnt want to make something that was overpowered, which you confirm that an all sonic army is not ;)

I already have an all daemon army to with them. Without Sonic weapons it feels hard to make the other stuff feel Slaanesh-y to me at least.

I have played three squads of MSU Noise Marines with a single Blastmaster in a few tournaments and they always performed very well. 

This had been the backbone of my Emperor's Children army. Give that blastmaster a good view and arrange his comrades as meat shields and you're set. It made for truly rapturous concerts!

One unit I really enjoyed was a squad of NM with or without Lucius in a land raider. I normally dropped the boltgun for a CCW, they were not going to need it. With them all crammed in a metal box they would roll onto a meat-bag covered objective, assault out, and normally cut the enemy down to pieces. I really liked the unit as it just seemed fitting to have snotty swordsmen charge into battle with blades in hand. Seriously, just imagine each one like a little Lucius. The unit didn't work all the time but being fearless, I5 stabby guys stuck into combat they often made opponents get headaches.

*this was with 6th edition...so I do not know how much has changed now that we are in 7th and I haven't played in months.

I'm thinking of putting in an allied daemons portion with hearlds and aiming for as much endurance casters as I can seeing as it gives the target relentless. I'm thinking 1 Lord and a Sorcerer, 1-3 sonic squads, 2-4 hearlds and then filling in to required points from there. I've been running with one squad of noise marines and hopeing for endurance, when you get it that squad becomes lethal as they can now go whereever they need to and fire at optimum capacity.

I've flirted with Slaanesh for a while now, with the sonic dreadnoughts released in IA13 I finally decided I want to run a small circa 1500 points mono Slaanesh list.

I already had two loyalist dreads sitting on the shelf so this weekend I converted them into sonic dreads. I'm going with blastmaster and warp amp which is really quite expensive at a meltagun less than 200 points but I think it's worth it in a fluffy list.

I already have 20 noise marines so I'll run 2 x 5 blastmaster squads and 1 squad with sonic blasters just because they look cool and I have some GW resin blasters. I can put a cheap brand Lord in that unit too with a doom siren champ for some nice dual AP3 flamer action. I don't see any point making a Slaanesh Lord expensive, the brand and a claw will do it.

Heavy support I want to run 2 'sonic' predators but I'm not sure how to convert them, it'll be counts as tri-las so I'll have a play about with green stuff & bits. I might need to get some plasticard to make the barrels...

I'm busy as hell with work so sadly this is going to be a slow build, that said it's something I'm excited about and I don't really care if its super competitive or not. It is such a cool/fun army to use.

I'm also pretty interested in trying out slaanesh as my first non imperial army. I've been playing around with the idea of MSU noise marines with rhinos as a semi mobile gunline and 10 man squads of raptors with marks/icons with melta, melta bombs and a lightning claw as a jump around vehicle popper. Aiming for around 1000-1250. Any thoughts?

I've been thinking about:

• Chaos Lord MoS
  • 2 x Sonic Dread : BM, WA
  • 2 x Predator : Tri-Las
  • 1 x Heldrake
  • 6 x Noise Marines : BM, 4 x SB
  • 6 x Noise Marines : BM, 4 x SB
  • Slaanesh Herald + Steed, 5 x Seekers : G. Locus, G. Weapon
  • Slaanesh Herald + Steed, 5 x Seekers : G. Locus, G. Weapon
  • 12 x Daemonettes : Alure, G. Weapon
  • 12 x Daemonettes : Alure, G. Weapon

1995 Pts.

Interesting list Kilofix. I really want to find a way to make sonic blasters work better, I feel that they don't mix with blastmasters yet really need to be stood still, which for a salvo weapon is a pain. I'm tempted to just play them in a close range role with a siren champ, the combination of ignores cover and overwatch could make them quite mean in that 12" zone.

Archived