Storm wolf/fang line of sight

Ragnars Claw

How do our fliers actually shoot anything?

Particularly with their lascannons and to a lesser degree the turret weapon.

The line of sight for the las cannons means any target you shoot at would have to be on the 3rd level of a ruin and the blockiness of the fliers means the turrets line of sight is also massively hindered.

I've never had any problem with them.  I have 2 and they do really well.  You have to have them lined up straight at your target if you want all 4 guns to hit the same thing, but with PoMS, you can always shoot one of the sponsons at a different target if you can't line up perfectly.  And I've never had anyone tell me I couldn't shoot my lascannons at something that might be a little below the nose of my stormwolf, but they've all been friendly games so far.  Most vehicles and MCs (what you'll be most likely to shoot at anyway) sit high enough that it's hard for them to hide so it will rarely (if ever) be a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

You can explain it in a fluffy way that its a flyer, it can tip its nose down if needed to take a shot then level out.   Course at a tourney that might be something you want to check with the organizer, but most people I know play that way for most flyers (similar issue with the stormraven top turret for example).

As I understand it, many tournaments give hull mounted weapons anywhere from a 45 to a 180 degree vertical field of fire. So you just have to point it in the direction of your target and like Gideon999 said, the flier can point it's nose down by diving or up by pulling back on the throttle.

Archived