Fulgrims 'painting'

Theredknight

Hi all

I decided that I'd like to paint my legion banner as the painting by serena d'angelus.

I thought it would be a primitive piece with browns, dark dried blood, some lighter colours for the purple.

The eyes would be either glowing, or the clearest part of it.

How do others envisage this picture out of interest?

But of texture paint maybe too?

I always imagined it as the Picture of Dorian Gray, for the Corrupted version:

http://artscyclopedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/the-portrait-of-dorian-graydaybreaks-for-092611-----the-picture-of-dorian-gray-daybreaks-lxkq9xt2.jpg

Honestly, google anything by Ivan Albright.

Oh. My. God. Athrawes...Thats genius!

Texture paint would be a hit or miss type deal, imo. Since too much will make it look "meh" and too little will not show any difference. I'd say : Go for it but test and play around with it before committing. 

I'd vote against texture. It would make sense full size, but since we are dealing with scale minis any texture that did exist wouldn't be visible at this distance.

I do love the idea of a darker, muddled painting with bright, glowing eyes though. Would be very cool.

I imagined it as being over-exaggerated, with colors being "off."

So light and dark areas are brighter and darker than they should be, and the choice of colors are close, but not right. Like the purple armor would have bits of red and blue peeking through, and parts would be differently shaded.

Archived