Rise of the Dreadwolves : Crossroads

Lord Blackwood

tumblr_njtu6lzxBZ1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

" We may not be the largest Great Company but what we lack in numbers we make up for in ...'interesting' hunting partners."

tumblr_njtu6lzxBZ1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

From Left to right :  The Bladeheart , The Pup , The Valor , The Huntress

Lord Riven Bladeheart pilot of the Bladeheart - Three other Houses turned Traitor to assist the attacking Iron Warriors , his family was almost entirely wiped out before the 14th reach the planet and assist in it's defense he is the second knight to become wolfsworn  though he resents the 14th for being praised as the heroes of his world when it was his family who bled for them to survive as long as they did.  An expert in Knight v Knight Warfare he seems to hang around the Longfang's of the 14th whom he respects more than their young hot headed lords. 

Siegfried  "Smallfang" pilot of the Pup - The product of Bjorn Crushclaw's underhanded dealings with the Knight Houses and well straight up kidnapping of a Jarl's Son from the Iron Isles he is the first Fenrisian to Pilot a Knight titan although somewhat reluctantly.  He survived the ritual of becoming through sheer force of will. Being a Fenrisian he holds the Sky warriors in high regard  though he is somewhat bothered by their methods he is simply happy to fight beside them in battle. Most importantly he is loyal to them and is considered Bjorn's ace in the hole should one of the other Knights turn on the 14th. He was the 4th knight initiated into the Wolfsworn

Lord Gable Ashcroft pilot of the Valor -  After ending the bloodlines of two Knight houses  with his bare hands for what he called "cowardice in the face of battle" Lord Ashcroft youngest son oft he Ashcroft house was given two choices  , repentance through death or banishment. His banishment saw him rampage into battles the Imperium waged against Xenos as the legend of the dark metal monster called the Valor was born. Imperial speculation states that it was on  some backwater world where the Valor ran into the " 13th"  great company  whom had appeared out of no where to assist the last living gaurdsmen on the planet against the green tide. The Valor disappeared with this strange great company ( which obviously was the 14th using the number 13 so their actions would not reach the ears of others )  at battles end. Repainting his Knight to match the heraldry of the Deathmarked he is cold and distant to most and the one most responsible for the training of Siegfried.   He was the 3rd Knight initiated into the Wolfsworn 

Lady Molly Tiller pilot of the Huntress - Lady Molly Hale was part of the aristocratic Knight house on her planet  and she loathed everything about the traditions and snakelike maneuvering of the politics she was forced to endure. She felt she was a greater warrior than any of those that were raised in her generation. Her father ( who loved his daughter but was unwilling to break tradition fully)  secretly allowed her to take part in the Ritual of becoming but forbid her from actually piloting a knight titan. The great devourer fell upon her planet  and so it was that the warriors of knight houses fell in droves. When the 14th great company arrived Bjorn and Lord Hale struck an agreement , he would pledge his knight and any knights remaining of his house to fight alongside the 14th so long as they assisted in holding back the tyranids for enough time to allow the people time to be evacuated. These common class people called Tillers had no other means of escape and Lord Hale unlike some other houses had not abandoned the planet while they remained. Bjorn obviously agreed and fought alongside house Hale until Lord Hale himself fell in battle. The Huntress dragged down under the weight of a slain swarmlord. The suit was recovered but Lord Hale himself died.  Still with no prize to be had the 14th waged war against the devourer  as they began to fall back to their own evacuation points. It was on the last day of this evacuation that the Huntress rose again repainted in the Colors of the Space Wolves Lady Molly Hale proved what she and her father had known from the beginning. She was a greater warrior than any other knight pilot on the planet.   Lady Hale would change her name to Tiller , To distance herself from her lost homeworld and of the wolfsworn freeblades is considered the most " native "  having delved deeply into fenrisan culture and taken on a number of tattoos and  customs of her new allies. She was the first to become wolfsworn and wears a fenrisan wolf pelt gifted to her by the Lord of the 14th.  She has a deep seeded hatred for the Tyranids and was instrumental in getting Lord Bladeheart to agree to the training of Siegfried.  

I  appreciate the compliment brother.  

I really like Knights Im not sure why but it has something to do with the fact that a normal person cant be a space wolf but a normal person could technically given the right circumstances be a knight pilot. 

Writing fluff for them is fun especially tying that fluff to yer particular great company. The price investment is a little steep but when you think about how much you  spend on other 40k stuff as well you sorta get a bit numb to it.

dantay_xv is over there doing some crazy impressive freehand stuff with his forgeworld knight over in his thread really making  me want to invest in a forgeworld one. 

I think the best thing about knights is that they work really well with Thunderwolf Cavalry which I like to run en mass 

Edited by Bladewolf

No offence Blade wolf but good luck RPR. Bladewolf, I'm bloody jealous. I've been thinking about a Knight but real life keeps getting in the way. But I agree you whole heartedly on the getting numb to the whole cost thing. I just keep telling myself its the last thing for my collection...LOL!!!!! Really though, I like the fluff you've written & th e paint job on the Knights to. Keep it up.

No offence Blade wolf but good luck RPR.

Dude. He. Wrecked. Me.

I was on the uncomfortable end of a Thunderwolf enema. It turns out that a terminator army is not very good against a fast moving multiple wound army...

Who'd of thought??!!

The two of us will be constructing a batrep soon!! Look for it!!

I neglected to mention how it was an honor and pleasure to fight against a competent warlord and fellow board member!! Thanks Bladewolf!!

End of Line

Edited by Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

No offence Blade wolf but good luck RPR. Bladewolf, I'm bloody jealous. I've been thinking about a Knight but real life keeps getting in the way. But I agree you whole heartedly on the getting numb to the whole cost thing. I just keep telling myself its the last thing for my collection...LOL!!!!! Really though, I like the fluff you've written & th e paint job on the Knights to. Keep it up.

We had a fluffy and fun game at 1850 , I  didint run  any knights this time just Thunder wolf Cavalry and bikes vs a Very Alpha Stike focused force with strong reserve elements.  The Thunderwolf Deathstar did indeed go heads up against the Loganwing Deathstar. RPR is a really nice guy and a good opponent. ( I really cant stress this enough the man is a gentleman who went out of his way to come down and play . We did not argue over rules or play the game super competitively the game we had was a very enjoyable and easy going one. From the few hours I spent with him at the gaming club he strikes me as a very good person.)

You can expect pictures and a real battle report soon. I will also be working on a little narrative peice to add to this thread about the battle report. 

Thank  you so much for the compliment on the Knights and their fluff  I am very proud of the models ( mostly the Pup  and the Valor as they wer done when I had more of an idea of what I was doing)   I  dont regret buying them but I  also didint front the money for any but one of em fully myself so I am certainly lucky in that regard. 

All that being said I really want to try and get my hands on some believable female heads and make some lady bloodclaws since i currently own no blood claws at all. Of course this is entirely dependent on funds and finding the heads I think I may have to bother Mav about that. 

After a bit of prodding , Ive folded and started using gehennas gold over the runelord brass details on my models to draw out the gold  bit against the super dark  theme i use for my wolves  I did all the thunderwolf cavalry today and it seems to be pretty good looking  ....now...to paint the other 9000 or so points ...... 
tumblr_nki428aowp1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nki428aowp1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nki428aowp1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg

Edit: Or you know ... I could just Yolo Highlight one of em right now 

tumblr_nki428aowp1tdqdkto4_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by Bladewolf

After a bit of prodding , Ive folded and started using gehennas gold over the runelord brass details on my models to draw out the gold  bit against the super dark  theme i use for my wolves  I did all the thunderwolf cavalry today and it seems to be pretty good looking  ....now...to paint the other 9000 or so points ...... 

I guess I would be willing to let you gift me some of those 9,000 points (like one of those knights) to spare you all that effort. ;p

that army ... those knights .... those twc .... ooooft!

i hope in the many years to come that the hobby (and my bank balance) is as kind to me as it has been to you. lol

Thank you brothers for the compliments , I really do take a lot of pride in my collection it essentially saved me from a nervous breakdown when I was in law school  ( I was in bad shape mentally right before and right after I  left )  Ive decided to take it like one unit at a time ,  so today I did all the grey hunters  tomorrow i will either do the bikers or the terminators 

tumblr_nkjw9s9FvO1tdqdkto1_540.jpg my desk is atrocious

tumblr_nkjw9s9FvO1tdqdkto2_r1_1280.jpg 

Well I  got a pleasant surprise today , The thing I have been waiting for for 4 +  months arrived 

tumblr_nkpjwieqfX1tdqdkto1_540.jpg

PROCEED TO ADD WOLF THINGS TO MODEL 

tumblr_nkpjwieqfX1tdqdkto2_540.jpg

tumblr_nkpjwieqfX1tdqdkto3_540.jpg

tumblr_nkpjwieqfX1tdqdkto4_540.jpg

tumblr_nkpjwieqfX1tdqdkto5_540.jpg

Now I  just need to paint it in my theme ...a task that is likely more easily said than done 
tumblr_nkpjwieqfX1tdqdkto6_1280.jpg

I'm getting jealous with all the models your churning out. All I've had time to do lately is paint 1 Thunderwolf and start on his rider. I'm gonna have to save up for one of them Knights. You've got a nice looking army