Rise of the Dreadwolves : Crossroads

Lord Blackwood

Alright so I have been sort of collecting the little scraps of Lore I have for the 14th I kinda opened a can of worms by talking about em and some folks were asking for my life behind em. So I figured id try and compile all the stuff here as well as use this as my WiP thread where I will put pictures of the army and what now now that I am finally stable again ( or so I hope) 

Before you go ANY FURTHER , please read this disclaimer 

DISCLAIMER 
The Lore you are about to sift through is of my own design. I try to stay within the realm of possibility and draw from things that have been done in official sources I have taken liberties in  some areas. While I do not expect you to agree with all of my choices I certainly expect you  to respect my creative freedom in designing my own lore to give my great company it's own feel. If you honestly take issue or find some of my work offensive and would like to speak to me about it , please message me and we will have words. Or dont read it , no one is twisting your arm. 

The Liberty Taken  with the 14th Great Company is that it has existed as a place for Outcasts. Lonewolves who fulfill their oaths but cannot integrate back into their Great Companies at all , Dreadoughts that are just difficult in every war shape or form , Sometimes whole packs who are disgruntled with their great companies. It is largely a company of Veterans and very  rarely have new recruits that aren't ones Poached from  other great companies. The unwanted but yet too valuable to be thrown away. The company is made up mostly of Wolf Guard who may not have been wolf guard before they joined but quickly achieve that rank when they join.  ( COF Detachments Everywhere !) 

Aye we are sent far from the Fang to do things that the other great companies do not. We do the dirty work that would make even the inquistion squirm. We have sanction in a way that only Russ before us did when he  wielded the Leigon we are the executioners.  We are those whos Wyrd brings only death , whos sagas go unsung , of whom  even  the other wolves do not speak. We are the 14th Great Company of the Rout.

-Bjorn Swiftsword 

The 14th Great Company or the Company of the Deathmarked is led by two Wolf Lords  Bjorn Swiftsword and Stybjorn Swiftsword  
Both are brothers and thier off the ice origins are  Below 

Bjorn

His breath escapes in short pants as he stalks me , I can feel the warmth of his exhale against the back of my neck.  I can feel those eyes burning into my back.  Morkai has been close to his meal for days now. Though he will have to wait longer...

Bjorn looked from his left to his right , stone and ice  , nothing that he was not used to  but certainly not a welcome sight after trekking through the  snow crushed brush and hoping to find an easy shelter. Instead he semed to have found himself a dead end.  The Jaws of the world wolf were  surely to close on him soon. The wound from his side still  bled and he was beginning to grow weary from the chase. How long had it been?  Two days maybe. How many kinsmen had he left broken and bleeding in the woods? Too many , his three brothers all dead and many beloved friends butchered by his red stained hands.  It was then he heard a twig snap  and the boy whirled around backing all the way up to the heavy stone cliff face. Climbing it would be impossible  if he were fresh , it would be a waste of energy in  his current state.

As the  few tribesman began to emerge from  the brush he imagined there would have been more of them. His father stood at the head of the small band of warriors. The Blade made flesh himself , the Jarl of sharpened Iron.  Bjorn remembered when  he wished to be nothing more than a shadow of his father. The look on the man's face was one of  disdain and Bjorn understood why he had lost three brothers to the fourth whom  he had sent to kill  and many of his warriors.  Bjorn clutched tight to the short sword in his hand the dried blood making it feel securely stuck , the small dagger in his other hand was equally caked and had almost been fouled a dozen times against the ribs of his former kin as he ambushed and cut them down.

" The rest?"   Bjorn croaked the words out staring defiantly at his father and those whom had come to kill him.  Surprisingly Bjorn's father shook his head  and spoke.

" I left the village with 20 , the four that stand here before you  , and myself are all that remain , look what you have done , should you have  accepted your fate , that sent down by the gothi , our tribe would not be shattered."

Bjorn did not imagine he had killed so many in the woods , though they did not know the place like he did , the only ones who could have tracked him properly in  there were his brothers , and they died trying to kill him in the village.  Still  so many kinsmen had died at his hands ...and for what. For the mad ravings of a shaman snorting powder from  the skull of an ox?  For some mystical vision of Morkai devouring the tribe?

" You  broke our tribe father , you  and your belief in the gothi."

Bjorns father did not respond he seemed to be looking past bjorn , to the top of the cliff as were the warriors from his tribe.  Bjorn  seeing the stunned looked on thier faces knew that it was no trick and looked over his shoulder quickly catching glimpse of him , a giant  , wearing skins of iron and the pelts of beasts so large Bjorn could barely fathom  them , a sky warrior , a chooser of the slain.  Bjorn only gave the demigod a passing glance before returning his attention to the tribesmen , he cared little for the superstition even if it were there staring him in the face , for he knew that now his remaining kin would fight harder to prove themselves to attempt to gain the favor of the gods.  Bjorn  spat on the ground in front of him , blie and blood burning into the snow.  He had no intention of laying in the red snow   not for any misplaced dream of being chosen but  simply because he  felt it was not his time to die. The Gothi was wrong , He was not marked !  He would not perish here!

" Come then , prove yourselves to your jarl  , prove yourselves to your gothi , prove yourselves to the sky warriors"

Bjorn thundered out his challenge with little regard for how zealously it would be  taken.  The first of the tribesman was a  man whom  had once shown Bjorn to properly split wood for fire. Bjorn knew  the man's  axe was just as suited to killing men as it was to  splitting logs. The arc was slow to Bjorn , likely his arm weakened from  the  circles Bjorn had led them through the woods.  Slipping beneath it  with a quick upward thrust of his blade  Bjorn cut the man's thread the sword biting true straight  up through the mans heart before Bjorn knelt over him and quickly slashed his throat.   His gore slicked hands  dripping steaming red blood onto the snow his eyes wild again and his  rage almost potent enough to touch the tongue. 

The other three did not falter as the next stepped forward one of his father's childhood friends was next , like his father the man did only wield a long sword  giving him reach , but making him slow.  Bjorn was forced back by the wide arcs of the blade the speed at which it traveled made a desperate lunge all the more suicidal.   Bjorn  rolled beneath another slash then dove away as it changed directions. To close the distance would be impossible ... for his body.  The next slash was the last it came from overhead and Bjorns dagger loosed from  his hand buried itself into the mans eye causing him to drop his sword and giving Bjorn the opening to cleave his sword hand from his body then drive his blade through the man's screaming mouth.

With boot to shoulder he was thankfully able to free both weapons from the dead kinsman. Panting still he peered at the last two. The blood soaked child before them  actually frightened them. Bjorn could see the fear growing , he could almost smell it one staggered forward pushed hard by Bjorn's father. And Bjorn with a roar lopped the stunned man's head off before he could even react to being thrust into the killing space of Bjorn's  blade.  The last tribesman shook his head he began to utter prayers to Russ as he retreated only to find his head fall from his shoulders as Bjorn's father executed the coward.

" And so it is us father...."

Bjorn's father said nothing  there was no need. Bjorn watched as the man who had raised him took his sword fresh with the blood of his kin and charged him. Unlike the others his father was not slow , he did not move in ways Bjorn could see but  Bjorn knew his father , he had seen his father cut down dozens of men in duels and because of this he knew what his fathers motion was. Fresh blood splattered against the snow and it was not Bjorn's.  The boy watched his father drop  into the red snow and felt nothing.  He looked up to the top of the cliff and saw the sky warrior silently watching. 

" You came to choose fallen , take your pick from  my kin"

" Lord Swiftsword! "

Bjorn's eyes snapped open as he peered from one side to the next his chambers in the Fang were modest at best ,  and did not do well  for more than himself and one other sky warrior to be sheltered within , his meditation broken by three wolf guard  all of his own great company made the space  feel cramped.

" What is it ? "

He felt his voice come out quietly  as he pushed memories of the old ice as far back into his mind as he could force them.

" The great wolf has summoned us , we have hunting"

Bjorn stood moving his hand through his beard and nodding.

" Praise Russ "  

Stybjorn 

The Maimwolf

Stybjorn peered at his brother's as they prepared for the task their father had given them. Each taking their favored weapon  for war from its place of reverence though none of them smiled.  The sons of the Jarl  had always been close , but none closer than Stybjorn to his brother Bjorn  the edict of the Gothi had shocked them all , Bjorn had to be killed or the world sea would swallow their island. Their father had set them to the task  a murdermake upon their own brother , it was ridiculous , so why was it that he was the only one who seemed to feel this way.

Nhorir struck his shield with his warhammer once to let them know that it was time.  The others simply followed their eldest brother from the hut  placing their grim knotwork leather masks upon  their faces. The Sons of the Jarl  began their somber march through a village that was dead silent  toward where they knew their brother was  hiding.  The special  place upon the edge of the forest they had practically grown up in there they would find Bjorn.  Not cowering inside waiting to meet his death  but standing  out in front of the hut long sword in one hand , dagger in the other.  Bjorn looked pale when he saw all of his brothers marching to meet him , then he looked angry.

" You would believe the words of some raving mystic and slaughter your own kin?!"

Nhorir shook his head , of all of them he was the most like father the most diplomatic he  spoke quietly to Bjorn as they closed the distance.

" You are being selfish Bjorn , your life for the safety of our people  your people  , it was taking to the ice that killed mother , how many more lives would we lose if we do not follow the words of the gothi"

Bjorn spat on the ground and seemed to flare with some great anger  the very presence of it causing his brothers to stop for a moment.  This presence was not something they were not accustomed to seeing but it was the first time it had been directed toward them.  It was as if the wolf wolf himself stood behind Bjorn glaring at those who would seek to bring him harm , but at this point there was no choice.

Baldr  was first his axe singing as he cleaved great arcs as he always did , though clumsy ones  each leaving a bigger opening for Bjorn to strike than the last but he did not. Bjorn did not even parry the blows simply swaying and sliding away from them.

" Baldr , please , do not make me kill you"

The words held great pain for Bjorn as he ducked under a great swing and rolled beneath it.  No words came from the emotionless mask of his brother , the knotwork visage staring blankly at him , there would be no convincing Baldr of the foolishness of this.  The last overhead swing was Baldr's last act as Bjorn ran him through with his blade peering into his brothers eyes through the holes in the knotwork mask he saw them grow wide then grow empty as his thread was cut.  Pushing Baldr's body away he peered at the rest of his brothers.

"BY RUSS !  STOP THIS MADNESS NOW , BALDR's BLOOD RESTS UPON MY HANDS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO RETURN TO THE ICE!"

Stybjorn was shocked , he had not been sure what to expect of this errand though he knew he would see one of his brothers felled , he did not expect Baldr to be the victim. Baldr who had helped fight back the Ironblood's when they  came to take  his people's lands Baldr who had taught him how to fish. While Stybjorn stood shocked Nhorir charged.  The oldest among them  Nhorir fought with  his heavy hammer  and shield  the first of bjorns slashes being knocked aside by the  head of his weapon before Nhorir bashed Bjorn in the face with his defense made of leather wood and dragonbone.

" YOUR SELFISHNESS WOULD BRING DESTRUCTION TO ALL WE HOLD DEAR , TO ALL THAT WE SHOULD BE HONORBOUND TO PROTECT!   YOU ARE NO BROTHER OF MINE! "

If Bjorn was hurt by the words he did not show it wiping the blood from  his face Bjorn stood again he seemed calm , composed , cold.  This was the other side to their brother that they knew so well , his temper was a reflection of the seasons of Fenris itself , his anger like the time of fire  and his  cold demeanor worse than the deepest helwinter.  He did not reply to Nhorir atleast not with words .  He charged his brother swinging his long sword in a predictable pattern  too predictable , Nhorir did not see it , but Stybjorn did as he watched.  The strike was blocked harshly with Nhorir's shield  with enough room for  a hammerblow to land at  Bjorn's ribs but that blow would never land  as Bjorns freehand drove his dagger into Nhorir's throat  with enough force that a sickening crack was heard the top of the blade poking out of the back of Nhorir's neck through his long wild hair.  Nhorir's hammer fell  lightly touching Bjorn's ribs as his thread was cut he fell forward limply , Bjorn did not catch his brother nor did he ease his way down he shrugged the dead body off of himself and tugged  his dagger free as it hit the snow covered ground.

Stybjorn's legs felt weak Baldr and Nhorir were dead , only Bjorn remained , Stybjorn  gripped the two daggers in his hands tightly as he stepped forward.  Bjorn had to be stopped , if not for the words of the gothi but for the fact that he had slain  two of their brothers.   Was this right ?  No  now was not the time to think of such things , Bjorn had to be stopped , it had to be by Stybjorns'  hand.  Bjorn  looked at his youngest brother with all the calm  indifference possible  he was done with words still though as Stybjorn closed the gap he felt Bjorn grip his mask and tear it from his face.  Stopping his charge  suddenly Stybjorn gazed at his brother tears filling his eyes as he gripped his daggers hard enough to draw blood.

" This is wrong "

Bjorn nodded.  He  threw the mask aside and readied himself.

"But it is your duty to the tribe. "

Stybjorn was not confused by Bjorn's words , he knew what they meant , even though he had cut down Nhorir and Baldr  he had done so with them being full of conviction , with them fighting  because they believed they were doing their duty.  His brothers had died well because of it and Bjorn was making sure that Stybjorn would either kill him with that same conviction or die as well as the others.  It was all  that Stybjorn could ask from his older brother as he let out a war cry and charged him once again.

The blood of all four sons of the Jarl splattered along the ice as the sun began to set.  The warriors from the tribe having gathered in a hunting party when none of the sons had returned.  There they saw the broken bodies of  two  , Nhorir  lay on his back in a pool of blood his hammer and shield placed   on his chest his eyes closed . Beside him lay Baldr his  hands clasped over his axe which lay along his form both boys looked peaceful , beside the two bodies lay the daggers  of Stybjorn , but no body , the blades themselves caked with blood.

" Bjorn must have gone into the woods after he killed Stybjorn , we will find his body after we deal with Bjorn !"

---------------------------------------------------
Stybjorn's eyes opened slowly  he could not smell the blood or the air of the wilds , everything smelled metal , hovering above him seemed to be a figure with a great wolf skull for a head.  The figure spoke to him softly.

" What is your name...."

Stybjorn's mind struggled to even remember that much , he had been fighting Bjorn , he remembered  his throat being slashed , he remembered falling into the river.

" Sty..bjorn " 

The words came out in low rasps as if his vocal cords were damaged but they came out none the less. The Skullmasked figure nodded and seemed to adjust something beside  stybjorn's head.

" Good  , good , it seems you will be able to try after all , though keeping you separate from each other is likely the best course of action.  Rest well Stybjorn much will be asked of you  soon."

-----------------------------------------------------

" IVE BEEN DECIEVED"

Bjorn Swiftsword thundered angrily as he burst into Ulriks chambers.  The old wolf priest having expected this to happen with both Blackmane's and  Swiftsword's great companies recalled the fang sat quietly behind what looked like a desk carved out of stone.

" MY BROTHER LIVES ! AND  HAS BEEN REBORN AS A SON OF RUSS NO LESS , I WAS NEVER TOLD !"

Ulrik  smiled beneath his helm of course Bjorn could not see this but the scent of the old wolf priest was enough to  show that he seemed amused and not threatened at all.

"If I do remember the report you  are the one who killed your brother."

Bjorn seemed to have reached the peak of his anger but had immediately begun to calm before he responded.

" If the reports were honest , then you know why "

Ulrik stood quietly and began to walk  toward Bjorn.

"Aye , and if you would think like the Jarl of Russ you purport to be and not like some insolent whelp barely accepted as a blood claw you would understand why the two of you  needed to be kept apart."

Bjorn opened his mouth to speak , paused , collected his thoughts and spoke in a far more reserved tone.

"I understand my failing  and I  will correct it."

Ulrik gently patted Bjorn on the shoulder.

"Come ,  now that you are calm enough It would be suitable to introduce the two of you."

" I thought you dead brother ... "

Stybjorn shook  his head.

" No , I survived ... the water took me a ways , until the chooser fished me out."

These are your packmates?

" Aye  "

Bjorn nodded crossing the room and embracing his brother  a heartfelt embrace that held great sorrow as well as happiness.  It was an embrace that Stybjorn could return and once it was broken he felt Bjorn place his gauntleted hands on his shoulders.

" Follow me into battle Stybjorn , let us hunt as family once again. "

" Aye Jarl , lets "

Bjorn was once a member of Krakedoom's Great company as he showed a proficiency for hunting monsters even  as a bloodclaw. His Pack much preferred to spill the blood of Xenos than anything else. Behind his back they call him Kinslayer. They call him Wyrd Cursed and Deathmarked. When his packmates and the wolf guard who led them were killed by tyranids he accepted a summons to the deathwatch  dissapearing from  Fenris for a number of years it was either that or join  a new pack and he was still fairly messed up about losing his packmates. 

Stybjorn spends most of this time as a member of Blackmane's great company  he is a very mild and average space wolf who simply dose well but never stands out he is actually often avoided by most because they think he is cursed for being the last of his tribe  ( spoiler his brother killed em all) something that Blackmane has sympathy for.  He eventually reaches Wolf Guard simply due to prowess alone.

Bjorn returns to Fenris After a number of years and is joined to a new pack. His experience with the deathwatch is used very well and he rises fast , becoming a pack leader quickly then being elevated to Wolf Guard because of a systematic routing of the dark eldar. Despite his long time away none of the rumors or distrust of Bjorn has stopped They still call him Cursed and Deathmarked , they call him Kinslayer.  As time passes it seems that he would be better off as a lone wolf because he never truly has the trust of his packmates even in Krakendoom's Wolfguard.  He feels , alone , he feels like an outcast wolf despite being one of the greater monster hunters in a great company of monster hunters the only solace he has is his Thunderwolf who was a runt before he left for deathwatch and is absolutely massive when he returns. 

This is when his life changes.  In the fluff it says there have been times when several great companies have needed to be re raised because others have been completely wiped out. Which must mean if needed  there are means to raise another great company.   The Great Wolf  after some prodding from Krakendoom approaches Bjorn to offer him the ability to Raise a 14th Company.  Bjorn thinks he is being tricked until it is explained to him that Outcast companies are occasionally Raised though they rarely last very long due to the nature of the tasks they are given and the complete stripping of them from the sagas.  Bjorn being the psychopath that he is decides this is a great idea and becomes  Jarl of the 14th  The Deathmarked which he calls them because he remembers being deathmarked as a child by the Gothi of his tribe when he first truly felt like an outcast. This is also around the time when he figures out his brother is not only still alive but also a sky warrior. 

Now the Fluff for the 14th is ongoing just like my  Army List  constantly is growing.  And  I thought it would be pretty  cool if I sort of laid out for you what exactly makes up the 14th great company by going through the 5000 point 14th Great Company List I  run ( I have about 9022 points but some of it is just...like stuff  I never like to use). The assumption is that Bjorn has a fairly large ship like bigger than a regular battle barge where all his forces are housed , sorta like crusading fleet based chapters , the 14th only returns to Fenris when only the Greatwolves Great Company is there to poach people who have been returned to the fang on disciplinary charges or to rest when there are not other great companies around. Highly secretive are the 14th.

Im not going to be listing wargear or anything just the names of stuff. If you want to know more about a particular thing  just reply below and I will get back to you on the individual fluff for whatever it is. Cool little lore game aint it!? Also feel free to raise any other questions about the great company and what they do and I  will try  to get to them as soon as I can.

14th Great Company Index  

Two Freeblade Imperial Knights form the Knight Detachment Each from Different worlds

Lady Tiller 
Lord Bladeheart 

14th Great Company /COF Detachment 

Wolf Lords  Bjorn Swiftsword 
                  Stybjorn Swiftsword
(Both brothers had adopted Thunderwolves in thier time as normal space wolves though they both own a suit of Terminator Armor as well for other jobs) 

Iron Priest Denrir Ironarm
(The Company Ironpriest on  a Thunderwolf)

Agni Runemane A Venerable Dreadnought 
Rudra Runemane A Venerable Dreadnought 
(these two are Twin brothers and would be discussed together )

Armorbane's Wolfguard 
( A pack of Wolfguard Terminators who use the Companies Godhammer Landraider ) 

Blackhands Skyreavers
( A large pack of wolfguard who use the comapnies Stormwolf )

Bladewolfs Bulwark
(A pack of Wolfguard Terminators who consider themsleves the Hammerblow of the 14th They make use of the Landraider Crusader)

Ironarms Retinue
(A pack of TWC Riders who normally accompany the Ironpriest) 

Bladewolves Wyrdmarked
(A Pack of TWC or WG Terminators who accompany Bjorn swiftsword at all times)

Maimwolves Murdermake
(A pack of TWC or WG Terminators who accompany Stybjorn Swiftsword at all times) 

14th Great Company / COF FORMATION  DETACHMENTS 

Brethern of the Firstfang (Brethern of the Fellhanded)
Russik Firstfang , First Lord of the 14th  ( Uses the rules for Bjorn the Fellhanded ) 
Davin Ironfang (Venerable Dreadnought )
Jorg The Vainwolf ( Venerable Dreadnought  and the single most arrogant and vain space wolf that has ever lived) 

(Wolf Guard Voidclaws)
-See Maimwolves Murdermake 

Edited by Lord Blackwood

The only "creative liberty" I just cannot swallow is the "14th Company" part.  Established lore is that lost companies, or those that diverge from the current Great Wolf for whatever reason, or renounce their oaths and go 'their own way' (as it appears your company has chosen) are considered "13th Company" based on the plaque of Great Company Stones in the Great Hall of the Fang.  The blank stone "represents" those companies.  Creating a "14th" just goes against the grain a bit too far, IMHO. Be different, be divergent, be creative.....be ALL that, but you can be any of THAT without going completely rogue and off the chain with a "14th".

Having said that, I read your post except for the spoiler portions and it seems fine enough to me with the exception I previously mentioned.  Giving plenty of wiggle room (quite a lot actually) for the formation of a whole company of those like the Lonewolves that cannot reassimilate into their original companies, for example, just seems less plausible than continuing to serve in the Deathwatch for instance.  Pack survivors that cannot reintegrate into their old or even a new great company wouldn't be considered "unwanted" to use your own words, but could become training cadre at the Fang to share the lessons of their experience in continued service to Russ and the All Father.

Having such a collection of , for lack of a better term, "misfits" all combined in a singular great company led by not one "Alpha Male" but two also goes deeply against the grain of ALL their indoctrination in becoming a Wolf of Fenris.  That too is a hard sell, IMO.  There would be too much chaotic frenzy, animosity, belligerence for the generally highly competitive yet jovial Sons of Russ.

All meant as constructive criticism and not intended to be insulting in any way if any of it came off like that.  Pushing the boundaries is one thing but you have to take into account that even in this kind of pursuit, there are limits at which things just cannot remain cohesive.  Good start, but I think it can use some refining and tweaking is all.

Edited by Growler67

I appreciate all the positive responses and the constructive criticism 

I reckon if the idea of the number 14 is bothersome you could consider them represented on the annuls under the obsidan stone , black is a color that marks the chosen. 
As far as Bjorn and Stybjorn being able to sort of control the packs.  

Every wolflord has his like trait , Ragnar is increadibly hard to kill and has that thing were he sort of inspires rage in his men ( See Sanctus reach Recent Fluff , and Hour of the Wolf ) 
Krom  has a company of dudes who are fiercely competitive 
Greloc from the battle of the fang is very much a thinking mans wolflord 

Bjorn , who make no mistake is the Wolf Lord of my 14th  ( his brother acts mostly as his second just due to his nature )  His thing is he is able to rekindle the belief of brotherhood in the disenfranchised. Thats sorta what I mean when I say he Poaches people who  are under censure from other wolf lords and such. Yea hes a great monster hunter but hes not as good as Krakendoom ( more on that later )  yea hes a fantastic fighter but hes not  THE ALLSLAYER like Ragnar is , sure he has an affinity for thunderwolves but hes not a master of the wulfkin like Harald. His main trait is he can knit back together from the scraps a fierce and devoted force of his brothers , the follow him because he has ice in his veins and the fury of the wolf in his heart. I really do appreciate the criticism though thank you  very much , I  can use it to build and tweak stuff since I dont get a lot of time to write. 

Having a mix of misfits isn't a problem. I've run efficient work crews of hooligans that wouldn't work for others. It takes the right person and attitude to handle such a crew though. It's knowing how to handle your fellow crazies and put them in a position to succeed. Of course this only works if your misfits want to work. Some just need to be allowed to utilize their nonstandard tactics and unorthodox methods.

The Flying Tigers and Black Sheep Squadron kind of fit this misfit military corps theme.

I managed to read the first brothers story at work. Enjoyed it very much.

I do agree with Growler about the 13th/14th bit. There are 14 companies though. In the end its your fluff (and I'm enjoying it) so keep how you see it and keep it coming

So I finnaly finished moving into my new place , and decided to polish off my knight Paladin  while I was there 

Lord Riven Bladeheart  and Lady Molly Tiller are the two Freeblade Knights that accompany the 14th Great Company 

Lord Bladeheart is actually quite partial to the Company's Longfangs so when he repainted his knight suit he did so in thier color scheme , I am gonna be drafting up the lore for the two of them and why they have become " Wolfsworn "  to Bjorn Swiftsword , but they are pretty  to look at , least I think they are so yea 

http://i.gyazo.com/076e1156360497e3b9b95818b92e684a.png

finished my wolf guard bikers today  , about 5 hours from sprue to shade 

Sorry about the slowness of my fluff project I am..VERY  sick  right now 

http://i.gyazo.com/2ac773e2092ed662bb453d401b3b61bd.png

Im going to do the little cleaning up of things tomorrow , too tired / sick right now 

Edited by Bladewolf

The Berserkers of the Black Isles are a group of brothers who come from a small group of inter collected islands  that have long since been swallowed by the world sea of fenris. Wolf Priests were always tentative when thinking of selecting members of the Blood Bathed Clan and were in fact quietly relieved  when the clan did not abandon their homeland despite the obvious warning signs that the various islands would be swallowed by the sea the clan had a reputation for being excessively violent and bloodthirsty rarely taking slaves preferring to butcher any other tribe they came across to the last person while this worked well to secure the lands they held it deprived them of trade as no  other clan would seek to barter with them. Warlike even by the standards of fenrisan tribesman the children of the tribe were no less savage. Though these three boys seemed to be a bit more resilient than their doomed kinsmen clinging to the scrap of a destroyed longboat the three boys found new land  settled land , and despite being barely of the age to be men  exterminated an entire tribe overnight in a show of ruthlessness and combat prowess that gave the wolf priests no choice but to take them.

There was much concern when Olaf Ulli  and Orik took the helix that the wolf within would consume them  completely  due to their nature. This was far from  the truth , unlike the other aspirants they gained control , quickly  , almost too quickly as if the beast now intertwined with them was easily submissive to the brothers feral nature. The trial of morkai was equally terrifying as all three brothers were dropped at the furthest points away from each other but arrived back at the fang together and in the company of Thunderwolves all three of them not broken but certainly not hostile to the aspirants. This gained them the attention of Harald Deathwolf who took  the blood claws into his great company. The brothers of the Black Isles proved a poor choice , reckless and hot headed in battle even beyond the standard of blood claws , violent and uneasily restrained they often ran wild  through the enemy ranks as opposed to staying in formations. Worse yet , they were even less controlled when split from  their siblings. The beasts they rode seemingly as violent as the masters. Even the patience of Harald , the one who had brought Canis from  a child of wolves to a feared sky warrior had a limit. The brothers knew what they were doing , they acted this way instinctively  but did not bother to employ reason. It was after a particular bloody massacre of astra militarium  who may or may not have been traitors that they were sent back to the fang.

Bjorn Swiftsword  Jarl of the Deathmarked the Forgotten , the lord of the Obsidan Stone peered into their cells before turning his gaze to the cells of their wolves , it would be a lie to say that there wasant an eerie sameness about both mounts and riders. The proposition to join the 14th was easily accepted the Brothers accepted the obsidan mark. They were finally in the service of a lord who could make use of them properly.  They  would not ride with him  but with Stybjorn who could encourage their war of war. Amoung the deathmarked they are called the Berserkers of the Black Isles and are loosed to cause as much devastation as they wish , full sanction the way of the 14th. May the Allfather have mercy on those in their path.

( Tried to keep it short since they are only 120 points )  

tumblr_nf2gpzVdRV1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So  a few things Ive been working on 
the Great Company Finally has a Totem 
tumblr_nfius1WfA21tdqdkto1_1280.jpg
The Marked Wolf 

Other than that I  spent Today  Fixing the color scheme on a lot of my Termis,  Cavalry and Bikes , The Deep Bloody Red and The Black are suppoused to be the colors of the great company so I went back and adjusted everyone , I  also found that my Termi Bjorn had the wrong color cape So I  fixed that as well. 

tumblr_nfius1WfA21tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

I have another 5 Terminators on The way next week to make another shooty Unit  and my brother sent me a Cyclone Missle Launcher so I should also have that next week to add to the current shooty unit ( I can call stormbolters combi meltas If I want ) 

tumblr_nfius1WfA21tdqdkto2_1280.jpgThe Cavalry Didint need all that much work as far as shoulders go , but there were a few that needed to be adjusted so I did 
tumblr_nfius1WfA21tdqdkto3_1280.jpgThe Bikers all needed to have the shoulders redone so well I took care of it 

NExt Weeks goals : Assemble and Paint the next 5 Terminators , Add  the Cyclone Missile Launcher to the one Wolf Claw Stormshield Terminator  

Also look into getting transfers of my  markings made up. 

Skipped The Store Today to  Work on my new  Mkiii Iron Armor Grey Hunters Much like my fellblade thats  going to be the next MAJOR  project for my army , these are suits pilfered from the same hulk we found the fellblade on !  Tried to keep the same theme as my terminators.

tumblr_nfzdfnZBHM1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nfzdfnZBHM1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

MK III armor looks brilliant and fits your fluff perfectly. Lookiing forward to more pics!

Thanks Ive been getting that vibe from a few people actually!

A few weeks ago i brought all of my wolf guard terminators up to compliance with the  Deathmarked Color Scheme , the   black pauldron and the Bloodied one but I completely ignored a group of 10 that I figured I  wouldnt get too much use out of.  While I was staring at them on my bookcase I  figured I  could atleast touch them up , These terminators are OOOOLLLLLDDDD  very old , a few mk  iii armor suits later I  decided to just atleast bring them into compliance with the color scheme.  It meant painting over some stuff  but its fine. 

tumblr_ngc261u1EC1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

The Short story  for how the 14th got all this 30k  tech WAS  finished but then I got a Fellblade lined up and a contemptor on the way right behind it ,  so obviously it needs to be expanded on. Its coming tho probably will have to split it in half .  

• 2 weeks later...

Today's Project was a contemptor Dreadnought, it was a regular Contemptor so i had to do some stuff to make it a bit more wolfy 

tumblr_ngug1gWs9F1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

It only took  about 3 hours to modify and paint , pretty happy with the Result  obviously this guy  ties into the raid that gets the 14th all that heresy Era Tech 
His Personality will be based on a certain other board member and he will end all of his sentences End of Line 

tumblr_ngug1gWs9F1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

Keeping with the 14th theme , its a filthied up russ grey  with one blood red shoulder accent and one blackened one 

This is the last thing before the Fellblade and the Story come out  ( which i will be trying to put out together @ n @  just waiting on the Fellblade to make it here.