Rise of the Dreadwolves : Crossroads

Lord Blackwood

Where's you get the shield? I needs em

https://popgoesthemonkey.com/products/10x-shaggy-wolf-round-power-shields-l-r?_pos=147&_sid=dd80d16db&_ss=r

That looks incredibly cool brother :wink:

Thank you ! 

ohhh, those plus the duble rotoaxe  for my wolf guard build, me likey

I took the Primaris Chaplain kit and the Ulrik kit and made myself a Wolf Priest that I am more happy with than my  other one. 

be84e5e91392cbd986459f2eb598d5c7e1d7fe7f

adcaa7769ca774c3ce2852d10d68065961fc53bb

5b3728413bbe0c7e33b82f730e42a110ed8dd89f

434b39ccf83b2de8c7ed1c546c0c923fc6011264

b61f4c8680943cd5f207354a01e88b794c27bf4d

Imagine how difficult it is for Dread Wolves Wolf Priests , they gotta pluck these random tribesmen from  worlds drastically different from  the ones they are used to , often worlds that the chapter is actively engaged on. 

I mean why doesn't the right pauldron bear symbols, e.g., the skull used to identify an HQ unit in a Codex Chapter, or the Chaplain's personal coat-of-arms?

Space Wolves are not strict adherents to any  identification processes or standards. 

4c2e652c47b8bde9d5261add211ab17023bf1fdd

fb2b38ffa2da35ef1d75231edb1fc0518b5492b8add45fa82653e8a831a27a4943e09916711900b2
e2fb2bfa6fac4a2a5c0b1bdfcce86172ca4c5a08596afcad057aace917ddb991eb8650c50d74c3d2

One of the reasons  I am not too miffed about the new direction of the primaris marines with a lot of tabards and cloth is that I can turn that stuff into leather for my Dreadwolves , I really am pleased with how this came out , was my first time removing details from a previous model with a knife and file , and a dull knife as I am still on my shelter in place blade. 

This weekend should be the last pure hobby weekend I get so I will hopefully get a gravis Wolf Lord ( Who will be wolf lord of Twa for the dread wolves ) and I am going to hack up an iron priest and try to adapt some of its bits onto a tacticus armored primaris body , so ill have a gravis Iron Priest and a Tacticus Iron priest. 

Assuming the mail makes it here in time. 

Then its just some infantry that I need to finish up  and im just going to be waiting on the new stuff after that. 

Thanks for all the support and encouragement during this trying time ,it has really reinvigorated my love for my wolves , especially now that I can truly make them my own in a successor sort of way. ( best amendment to the fluff we've ever got imo ) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0lpAlgyF-c

I  bought a turntable So I  guess ill be reposing some of the characters on it.

Including the Newest One that got finished up today 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkAblvH7NbE

Edited by Lord Blackwood

Damn bro a week ago you seemed disheartened and salty at the Primaris Expansion. Now you drippin that sauce on them. Those look Really Awesome man. I'm thinking to do a heavy shade over the classic pastel light blue marines I have completed/base coated. I like the darker look more and more. It makes the metallics, yellow and black look better. I feel like I keep having to layer/highlight so much more with the lighter scheme. Edited by Debauchery101

Those are quite delicious. What's your power armor paint recipe?

Thank you  I have been pretty pleased with how things are going so far. 

Pretty exciting we are going to know exactly whats coming in the box this weekend.

Repainting the intercessors I  painted back at the dawn of 8th have been a real experience , reminding me of how much I rushed that first box set , I  wont make that mistake twice. 

The Armor is really simple  It is just Russ Grey over a Black Undercoat , one thin layer then shaded with Nuln oil , then let the nuln oil get to about half dried and shade the armor again. 

I was going for something similar to the blood of Asahiem and storm caller  covers its what I think of when someone says storm grey.

Those are quite delicious. What's your power armor paint recipe?

Thank you  I have been pretty pleased with how things are going so far. 

Pretty exciting we are going to know exactly whats coming in the box this weekend.

Repainting the intercessors I  painted back at the dawn of 8th have been a real experience , reminding me of how much I rushed that first box set , I  wont make that mistake twice. 

The Armor is really simple  It is just Russ Grey over a Black Undercoat , one thin layer then shaded with Nuln oil , then let the nuln oil get to about half dried and shade the armor again. 

I was going for something similar to the blood of Asahiem and storm caller  covers its what I think of when someone says storm grey.

Thanks I may try this. I will need to send my favorite shield maiden(Wife) to secure new paints for me for father's day. I'll try this recipe. 

Thanks man!  

Does anyone know if the venerable heads will work with the legion contemptors , I  found 2 contemptors that I never got to when I  did my legion stuff no idea where the heads are so I  probably need to get some new ones. 

de8f870cb36cbf5536e069a49dc1a60df5d68707

Edit: Nevermind I know what I am going to do for these , I am going to Use Agressor Heads 

Then I  can Fluff it as the Dreadwolves straight up Saw wounded Primaris in half and shove them in contemptors.

d1a74cf3bbc29a1927ea18bfbc730fd25b4c347c

Edited by Lord Blackwood