Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rise of the Dreadwolves : Indomitus Buildout

14th Great Company WIP Battle reports Fluff

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,567 posts
  • Faction: Knights / VI / SoB

The Bladeguard is well-painted. How will you decorate his base? With an enemy dismembered/decapitated by blows from the mighty Wolf's frostblade?

Ive actually almost run through all the skulls from the citadel skull box i use to decorate the rest of my  armies bases so I think ill buy  another one of those and add like very specific skulls to the Blade guards bases  , its gonna be tough though , I actually think the Blade Guard look awesome but are also very noisy models,  so im going to have to be careful with the skulls I use on their bases since there is already a lot going on with the models ya know ? 

b00189fa18e65d62b9d1a50f3002c4fb61e5e11b

I get that a lot of people dont like this model but I really like it ,though getting the shoulder pad on him was a real pain. 

• Triszin and NightHowler like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,900 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Your Judiciar is well-painted.

I get that a lot of people dont like this model but I really like it ,though getting the shoulder pad on him was a real pain.

My main problem with the model, is the fact the Judiciar bears an executioner's sword- something designed to execute criminals who're unarmed, unarmored, with arms and legs bound, i.e., INCAPABLE OF RESISTING- instead of a weapon of war. For example, the blade has no point, so it can't be used for thrusting attacks, making it less effective against armor.

And why carry his tempormortis (the hourglass) in hand, instead of mounting it on his backpack so he may swing his sword with both hands, or use his free hand to wield a pistol or throw grenades?
  • TiguriusX and Lord Blackwood like this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,567 posts

Those are good points , Im going to get some hexwraith flame i think  and paint the Temper Mortis to look  a bit more like one of those Ymir Stasis Bombs that the deathsworn have. 

Its also funny that his sword is an executioners sword given his rules with the whole +3 STR -3 Pen   stuff. 

• TiguriusX likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,885 posts
Rad! :D
  • Lord Blackwood likes this
banana

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,567 posts

Eradicators next , I really like the leather mask helms so I might make the Lt from the box just so i can use the third one. 

• svane jotunsbane, Konnavaer, NightHowler and 1 other like this

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,567 posts

I had that one masked head left so i had to make the lt. 

655631eee57d734227d64badd913c953f6b3adbe

4d92d5cfd8d0d8ebb5f3fa5d2a040ac50bc8a9ef

b7a65cc14852c3ce6403632d84e2de9124964c91

They look good next to Malik , I am pretty pleased with them in general. 

53f4808f2037a4a243336215e2a3ed7d18a6368b

Basing these guys ,  getting the  painting done on  the unit of eradicators, then going to move into working on the outriders. 

• Jarl Kjaran Coldheart, Valerian, svane jotunsbane and 6 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,900 posts
Your models are well-painted. How will you decorate their bases?
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,567 posts

Your models are well-painted. How will you decorate their bases?

Working on getting them bases to match the rest of the army , Im running out of skulls from the skull box though. 

Eradicators 

0683229735c06d91c7974fdf6940e7735d1f4bc9

Next will be outriders , I should finish up the bases of the Judiciar and Blade Guard and BG Lt  Tomorrow. 

• PeteySödes, Jarl Kjaran Coldheart, Valerian and 8 others like this

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts

those are fantastic, I hate you

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,885 posts
You paint very fast

Superb
banana

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,752 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

The Indomitus models are looking great and the leather mask heads fit sp nicely.

Wish I had some, so I could copy what you have done, but I have none left to use, so will stick with what I have.

You are making a compelling case for swapping swords for axes on my Blade guard.

ETL 1v2

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,567 posts

63814bebb6ada745a49aab8fd173acfa80d6f1d9

0fd5b6cd71550e94ea162a59096704d3b3961b00

• Valerian, svane jotunsbane, Triszin and 6 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,900 posts
Fine works. I especially applaud your work on the biker and his mount.

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,567 posts

I have two more bikes on the desk primed ready to paint , and 3 built , I need to get on to them next. 

I allowed myself a vanity / throw away project though just to break up  things feeling like a rush to get the models I have in my 2k list done. 

f500861d71f84316f2451b5c67534238e3162d8f

Very Little Actually changed on this miniature , just his head and his shouder pad,  I think the sculpt is just really fantastic , I  will likely NEVER use this once I have the Primaris Wolf Priest on bike , but you know what I wanted to paint it pretty bad so  I did. 

d4e7d22edda2ef96c915e3858deb64a0551777b3

Edited by Lord Blackwood, 13 August 2020 - 04:13 AM.

• svane jotunsbane, Bjorn Firewalker, Kassill and 4 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,900 posts
Excellent work on the Wolf Priest.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker, 16 August 2020 - 02:18 AM.

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,567 posts

Excellent work om the Wolf Priest.

Thank you! 

066262d97b787be25563f2f149b6e24a16412678

e30892bfd01abecf767c94b54a38ecfbbbbdb627

• PeteySödes, svane jotunsbane, TiguriusX and 4 others like this

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,376 posts

Your speed:quality ratio is all wrong. Stop making us look bad! msn-wink.gif

Edited by PeteySödes, 14 August 2020 - 04:57 PM.

• Jarl Kjaran Coldheart, HvitrValdyr, Lord Blackwood and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,900 posts
Impressive work on the Contemptor. Is that your Murderfang? The head looks bare, i.e., unprotected, like Murderfang's.

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,567 posts

ac468bb0973a38a0237e154744471589e1d7fe2b

bdb442a365f52125a18e3ce374365500f9a64a34

06870a9bedc72f381275fc76194f212b89152a21

Played a 25 Power Level game against  my long standing deathguard opponent , both of our first games of 9th Ed 
Was pretty fun  I  ended up winning 67-30 
Outriders did a lot of work , He mispositioned against the Eradicators Cunning of the wolf and paid dearly for it. 

Assault intercessors ( or possibly true scaled blood claws) are on my desk next to be painted. 

• svane jotunsbane, TiguriusX, HvitrValdyr and 3 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,900 posts
Congratulations on your victory!

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,924 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves and Grey Knights
I really like the bases; they do a great job of contrasting with the miniatures, and putting the focus on them; simple, but very effective. I also really like how you went with Black bikes, with some red accents, that match your Great Company shoulder pads, rather than using the same color as your Armour.

Everything is looking fantastic! Well done.

Lord Blackwood

Lord Blackwood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,567 posts

Have not painted in a while , not motivated , waiting for our book + no where to play + general  life bringing me down sorta stuff, here is something I did over the weekend , still not very motivated but i might make an attempt at finishing the other 3 outriders now. 

20201021_135943.jpg?width=717&height=323

Edited by Lord Blackwood, 22 October 2020 - 02:55 AM.

• svane jotunsbane, TiguriusX, Bjorn Firewalker and 4 others like this

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,702 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
You can play online to survive this pandemic and raise your spirits.

Tabletop simulator is on steam

Discord for TTS40k gets you all the basics

I am enjoying the Tactical Tortoise community and play 2-3 games a week now

If you need help figuring it out just ask

https://www.tts40k.com/

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side.  I started with Vassal40K and currently enjoy TTS40K

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,900 posts
Beautiful work on the Outriders.

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts

I had that one masked head left so i had to make the lt.

Spoiler

Basing these guys , getting the painting done on the unit of eradicators, then going to move into working on the outriders.

Sorry. A little late to the party. Those are awesome conversions. Where did you get those shields?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 14th Great Company, WIP, Battle reports, Fluff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users