Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 3 - November

Kor'Vesh

---- NOVEMBER ----

Welcome members of the heresy subforum to the Casual 30K hobby challenge for November.

The aim is simple - to give you a single place to post your newly painted models for your 30K armies, and provide a big heap of encouragement, with a healthy dose of competition.

To join in you make a hobby pledge for the month, and this contibutes to either the Loyalist or Traitor cause. There are two competitions:

1. Pledges - Loyalists and Traitors compete on completed pledges over the month. The more completed pledges the more points you win. You can make a second pledge only once the first is complete, and in doing so you risk your first pledge. That's right - pledges are all or nothing - complete your vows or live in shame (like me sad.png )

2. Scores - Every model you pledge to paint is worth points. Once you finish the model and show us you earn points for your faction. These are always safe, so there is always an incentive to keep painting! The scroes are as follows -

Scores

Infantry - 1 point;

Large Infantry (termies, bikes etc.) - 2 points;

Monstrous infantry - 3 points;

Vehicles - 6 points;

Lord of War - 10 points.

At the end of the month I'll tally up the points and pledges to see who wins.

Simple?

I'll post regular weekly updates, and I'll even add October's post-mortem here, as well as in the month 2 thread (once I've written it!).

Finally, unless others disagree strongly, I think we'll keep the "March of the Legions" pledges out of the casual hobby challenge - they might give the traitors a bit of an edge! We'd love to see your progress on them, but I won't count the pledges points or model scores here. Heathens will surely reward you enough :)

So brothers and sisters, for the Emperor or for Horus, let see some pledges!

Well if Atia is playing I'd better make my own measly pledge for the Loyalists!

I, Kor'Vesh, proud son of Vulkan, pledge to paint my XVIII legion preator and remaining two Pyroclasts in the month of November.

More may follow if my life slows down enough for me to actually do some painting!

I have never been part of a challenge like this, but now I take all my courage, and so

I, Leoric, loyal son of the Emperor, pledge to paint the Questoris Knight-Errant Vengeance Incarnate in the month of November 2014!

Great to see some vows coming in already guys.

@Leoric - a pleasure to have you aboard brother. Don't be too scared when Atia finishes her vow by next week, most of us struggle through with a few models ;)

@strumanchu - glad you are still plying brother, can't wait to see twenty of those lovely fists.

@mindofmetal - I didn't get a chance to say, but I loved your castellax last month. Can't wait to see what you do with the thallax!

@frozenfoods - bad luck on not quite finishing your pledge for last month, you made a great contribution though! Looking forward to your drakes!

Where did all the traitors go? Not that Atia couldn't beat us on her own :D

Well, since I have the option to, why not fuse March of the Legions and the CHC:M3 for me?

To that end: I, Slipstreams, do pledge to complete a single Contemptor Dreadnought with two Close Combat Weapons and Cyclone/Havoc Missile Launcher for the Alpha Legion.

Hyrda Dominatus.

Yeah. Our only hope is that Atia runs out of models, lol.

hehe^^ still have a lot to do before i'm run out of models tongue.png. Need to paint an Alpha Legion Librarian and some Demons this month too.

My early WIP Castra Ferrum Dread (will do him first, than the MotL Librarian, after them the Spartan)

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/castraferrumwivygtcq0wkz.jpg

Edit: We need more traitors tongue.png. Fire Golem, it's time for some Sons of Horus smile.png !!!!

I think I'm gonna skip this month after the last failure msn-wink.gif but I'll keep an eye on all your awesome work!

that makes me sad, but it's ok, hope to see some of your sons of horus next month :P

I have base coated the dreadnought (and added some studs to his left shoulder) and worked on my MotL Librarian :P

I pledge 10 Despoiler Marines and a Javelin Landspeeder.

nice, we need more true loyalists/Secessionists/followers of Horus here :D

Thanks for the welcome, brothers!

Got some great progress on the Knight, and I have to admit, it's a great model (it nearly paints himself smile.png). I really liked to build it up, but to paint it is even better! I think that I will be ready with the skeleton on this week. Next week will be reserved for the armour plates, and then the base. Hopefully there won't be anything that will delay my progress.

I have my first Promeathian done (already partially started months ago). Pretty happy with how it's turned out so will be continuing with the rest. Two issues...1) bending the pipes to the backpack (used hot water previous which was ok but read about trying a hairdryer so might try that)... 2) the dreaded empty hands, I will be filling them with combat blades but I don't have any simple fits. I might raid my beastmen (ironic?) for some wicked looking blades.

Pictures tomorrow (my wife is doing logic puzzles on the iPad and it's my only camera)

Edit: few more pictures in signature link

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae112/hammer_of_thunor/c95a172aaa2fb6fca80e110888e54d12.jpg

Quick update!

After hours of crying at my failed Alpha Legion attempt for the March of the Legions I decided to do some work on my Iron Warriors!

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh567/Vidius22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps98152b8c.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh567/Vidius22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsd5bc6723.jpg

Wip Contemptor

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh567/Vidius22/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsd746fd59.jpg

The dead marine will be painted in my friends Imperial Fist colours tongue.png some barbed wire and assorted debris will be added!

Comments and criticism welcome!

Archived