Cadian 82nd Special Operations Group: a plog!

varchilde

Very nice indeed, the weathering works very well on the green - you have no excuses not to provide us with more tanks now :P Will you be adding transfers? I find they help break up the blocks when you don't have a camouflage scheme plus the white transfers suit green :) What's next on the list for the 82nd? Do you perhaps have another tank for the Big Guns challenge?

Thanks for the kind words. There will definitely be unit markings coming all round for the army so far, and transfers is a great idea. 

And don't worry about a lack of tanks going forward; 3 more russes, a manticore and a shadowsword in the painting queue....

Thanks for the feedback. I've got some scions to paint for my 1k list, then it's basically tank time. 

I've got plans for a Pask led squadron (regular russes with barrel swaps to Vanqs). But big guns is a single tank right? Might save the plasma/demolisher barrel swap for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Another update and more pics.

3 plasma gun armed scions who will be pulling duty in the Carapace Vet squads for the time being.

Scions

Scion

And another plasma sentinel which might have accidentally jumped to the front of the painting queue :tongue.:

Plasma Sentinel #2: side

Plasma Sentinel #2: front

Off for Xmas break now, so should be some time to sneak some more painting in!

Edit: Looking more at the scion pictures the edges on the armour plates look pretty sloppy. Think I'll need to do some touching up on those. Doh!
Edited by varchilde

• 2 weeks later...

And, update time!

I've been distracted by my Grey Knights over Christmas (two whole actual games played! yay!), but I've still found the time to give the 82nd some love. This time another Russ and a Manticore.

Pics:

Leman Russ

Leman Russ: Front

Leman Russ: side

Manticore

Manticore: front

Manticore: side

Manticore: top

And I must have been a good guardsman last year as Santa was very generous. Reinforcements for my Imperial Armies all round, but I'm sure you folks will be interested in the Hell Hound and the KNIGHT. Ooh yeah, very good guardsman :P

So a productive couple of afternoons of hobby adding transfers and some more detailing to the armour. Been having a go at everything; 3 sentinels, 3 chimeras, 2 russes, manticore and wyvern!

I've learnt a lot about using the transfers. I've never really used them before and I think I've hit just about every problem possible; rips, not adhering properly to the model, shiny edges, the lot!  

Solved most of the problems. I invested in some gloss coat and decal fix, been painting over some of the decal edges to reduce the shine, etc. Who would have thought 40K would be so educational!

Thanks to WF and Elmo for the push to go back and rework them :)

I'll do some pics once I've finished the last couple of tanks in the next day or so.

I need to get some of the decal stuff, Marine shoulder pads are a pain otherwise! Don't forget you don't need warm water and just a few seconds of immersion will be enough. Like most things you get better at it once you've done it a bit to get the hang of it :smile.:

No need for thanks, just get those completed model pictures up soon ;)

Manticore and Wyvern finished this morning so it's picture time!

I took quite a few so I figured it was best to put them in spoilers.

Enjoy!

Sentinels

sentinels 1

sentinels 2

Chimeras

command chimera 1

command chimera 2

chimeras 1

chimeras 2

Russes

russ 1

russ 2

russ 3

russ 4

russ 5

Manticore

manticore 1

manticore 2

Wyvern

wyvern 1

wyvern 2

>>>Reason for edit: Getting spoiler tags to work properly! 
Edited by varchilde