Cadian 82nd Special Operations Group: a plog!

varchilde

The campaign rules allow for Characters to "level up" using the Custom Character rules from Chapter Approved 2018 so I've kit bashed and painted up a new Company Commander. Introducing Commander Vasquez:

The model is well done. Did you name her after Jenette Goldstein's character in Aliens? I keep expecting to see a smartgun analogue- say a Cognis heavy stubber on suspensor plates (for modeling, fit an Onager Dunecrawler's pintle-mounted weapon atop a Primaris Inceptor's servo-equipped boot-plates)?

Thanks for the feedback. 

Bjorn: The Commander is indeed named for the Aliens character. The 82nd need some one suitably bad ass to lead the forward squads.

Duz: The head is from the Northstar Frostgrave Female Soldiers sprue. I wanted to see what the fit was like with the GW plastics.

It never crossed my mind to remove that lug from the back! I agree it would probably have enhanced the model.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress! I've got a couple of games in the bag (Win against a Primaris Sallies list in a Maelstrom game, and a Didn't Win in a 4 way King of the Hill Carnage nonsense) , and some more models painted.

Mortars. Because everyone needs indirect fire bolters :P

Mortar Team

Mortar Teams

The mortars themselves are just blu-tac'ed in place until I get the basing done.

• 3 months later...

Time for another update post!

My club has it's regular "Octoberfest" tournament in a few weeks and I've been finishing up some models for my list.  Please excuse the half done bases, I took the pictures whilst waiting for the texture paint to dry.

A Tech Priest Enginseer to baby sit the tanks

Tech Priest Enginseer

An Astropath; this was one of the first 40K models I painted, and is just being rebased to fit the Cadian 82nd.

Astropath

A Scion squad; 6 men including 2 Volley Gunners

Scion Sarge

Scion Volley Gunners

Scion Troops

And finally, a new Hell Hound all set to burn Xenos and Heretics:

Hell Hound