Secret Santa for SlavetoDarkness wip update 11 Dec

Forté

IF YOU ARE SLAVETODARKNESS THEN GO AWAY. THIS IS NOT FOR YOUR EYES. YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE UNTIL AFTER DECEMBER 25TH 2014! BEGON FOU. FIEND.

Is he gone yet? Then continue...

I've decided to take part in a miniature painting secret Santa and will be changing the following WHFB figure into a Nurgle Chaos Lord for him.

med_gallery_29004_6198_4495.jpg

So I'll be playing with the trusty cable maker, adding a gun of some kind (possibly as the Burning Brand), adding some texture as it's all a bit too plastic smooth far me, basing, and giving a suitably gruesome paint job.

As always I'm open to suggestions and tips but please don't ruin the surprise thumbsup.gif

This. Is. Going. To. Rock.

That is all.

Compared to your Knight project... This is nothing.

Oh stop. blush.png You of all people have no reason to be modest. The truth is that model is awesome, and in your hands it will end up being A ) unique and B ) inspiring. Everyone who isn't Slave to Darkness is jealous now and it's all your fault.

Oh stop. blush.png You of all people have no reason to be modest. The truth is that model is awesome, and in your hands it will end up being A ) unique and B ) inspiring. Everyone who isn't Slave to Darkness is jealous now and it's all your fault.

I'm sure it's not that bad. And modesty comes easily when you're your own biggest critic.

Slavetodarkness is one lucky son of a gun. :D

Wouldn't say that if you saw a photo of him :D

I'm sure it's not that bad. And modesty comes easily when you're your own biggest critic.

So very true. That's why I don't mind constructive criticism of my stuff because as harsh as anyone might be, I promise you, I've been even harder on myself.

This will be awesome.

You should make the brand a Bilespewer.

chaoscampaignheroes04.jpg

That's just a flamer with some rust and skin added. This needs to be bigger and more imposing I feel really. But still corroded and leaking fuel I reckon.

This will be awesome.

You should make the brand a Bilespewer.

chaoscampaignheroes04.jpg

That's just a flamer with some rust and skin added. This needs to be bigger and more imposing I feel really. But still corroded and leaking fuel I reckon.

Why do you say that like it wouldn't look incredibly BA to add a bunch of dripping bile, flayed skin and heavy rust to a flamer? That sounds awesome. 

Ok so here's another one which SlavetoDarkness shouldn't be looking at...

First up is a size comparison with a big standard Imperial (can't believe I'm adding something Imperial to one of my posts that isn't dead or part of a base) Terminator.

med_gallery_29004_6198_138773.jpg

As you can see it's a bit of a beast size wise so I'm not really going to build the base up but am thinking more of a few muddy/marsh patches and the rest some nasty looking ooze done with PVA over brown/green painted stuff.

For the gun, I've looked at a TDA heavy flamer which would look a bit too heavy so I'm planning to use a storm bolter as a base. Remove the mags and barrels. Add flamer and combi-flamer barrels side by side and attach it to some tanks on his hip.

med_gallery_29004_6198_791.jpg

A possible backpack is causing me issues though as I want to add some pipes coming from the helm to one but a standard Chaos Marine one doesn't really fit and looks wrong. I'm thinking of using the following one with the side parts and bottom exhausts removed. Maybe add a melts barrel to the top like a chimney.

http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/images/chaos_space_marine_backpack_2.jpg

So let me know what you think please :tu:

UPDATE

First little bit of playing and I have to say I'm impressed with how well the basic kit fits together.

Here's the front and back with the weapons base part and tanks attached.

med_gallery_29004_6198_112062.jpgmed_gallery_29004_6198_102500.jpg

As you can see, there isn't much room on the back for a full back pack so I'm more thinking of using B in this picture for pipes to go to the helmet. Maybe have his flesh holding it in place as if he outgrew his armour.

med_gallery_29004_6198_57883.jpg

Gun barrel wise I now have a few options but again am swaying towards the parts from B.

med_gallery_29004_6198_129122.jpg

Lastly, every model needs a base but I decided not to increase the height with this as its quite tall as is. The plastic area will be PVA covered to look like slimy stuff.

med_gallery_29004_6198_32245.jpg

He's found a little friend too ;)

As always, C&C is welcome and don't tell Slave to Darkness :tu:

I would say B.B.

I think that 1.a would be too big and 2.a or c would be too small.

Kind of what I'm thinking too. Blu tac on the backpacks me thinks.

Another update!!! This can't be right!

Yup...more done. Changed my idea completely for the gun barrels and the backpack (which is now going to be an oily puss lump with pipes and stuff once finished).

med_gallery_29004_6198_40681.jpg

med_gallery_29004_6198_54100.jpg

med_gallery_29004_6198_41915.jpg

Much more to do but it's now time to paint some Slaanesh.

Morning all. That's right...I added more...

med_gallery_29004_6198_110031.jpg

med_gallery_29004_6198_83996.jpg

Added texture using my almost dry liquid green stuff by using a wet brush. Fingers crossed it looks good painted.

Cheers for looking as always :tu:

Archived