Hi guys, new to the forum here, but as others, I would like to post my outcast for an army list, and get your much appreciated reviews on it, in hope of improvements and to know how others would see it. It's only a 1000 points, but I hope to expand it in the future. Here goes.

HQ: Librarian in Power Armour, 100 points

Warlord

Force Stave

Powers:
Shield of Sanguinius

The Blood Lance

Troops: Assault Squad, 225 points

10 man squad

Meltagun

Meltagun

Sergeant with Power Sword

Troops: Assault Squad, 225 points

10 man squad

Meltagun

Meltagun

Sergeant with Power Sword

Troops: Death Company, 235 points

7 man squad

2 with Power Sword

1 Thunder Hammer

Dedicated Drop Pod

Elite: Sanguinary Priest, 75 points

Jump Pack

Heavy Support: Dreadnought, 140 points

Twin-Linked Lascannon

Missile Launcher

My plan is, that only the Dreadnought will start on the table, preferably behind cover, while the rest of my force starts in reserves.

The purpose of the Dreadnought is to deliver heavy fire support, and contest with the opponents vehicles and heavies.

The Librarian will join the Death Company in the Drop Pod and crash down in the middle of the enemy, creating panic. They have been given the tools to deal with most enemies, be it a large group of Nids, Orks, Guardsmen, while also having the ability to pop light vehicles with the Thunder Hammer (He will stay behind the others to be protected)

My Sanguinary Priest joins one of the two Assault Squads to support them, and can switch between the two if need be.

The Assault Squads will be deep striking, and with Descent of Angels, do it pretty reliably.

Looking very much forward to your responses. 

A dread with a lascannon is not a very good use of points. They look great on paper but very rarely actually deliver, its the curse of the lascannon. One drop pod with your warlord inside dropping alone into the heart of your enemy's army sounds like two or three possible free VP for your opponent. 1 From first blood, 1 from slay the warlord, and then one from a tactical objective or purge. I'm not saying your plan is bad it's just risky. Also, why not toss a locator beacon on that pod since you have 20 marines ready to jump in? I would personally run a similar list but in rhinos, as I love rhinos.

You not allowed to use codex powers in 7th (GW FAQ), you have to use the rulebook ones.

Divination is the most popular one with DC. Get a Power Sword or Axe for your Libby as the stave is only AP4 (unless your planning to play vs orks/imperial guard alot). I'd rather take 2 twin linked autocannons on the Dread since you have a decent amount of anti tank on troops.

DoA lists are very fun to play, but not very competitive. Consider combat squadding the assault marines most of the time, except kill point games. Replacing jump packs for drop pods will generally be more competitve, but jump packs are alot of fun to play. The priest will fit nicely with this list.

For DC unit, drop the 1 power sword and replace hammer for a power fist so you can add another body. You don't really need power weapons to pop light veichles since you hit the rear armor and all your basic attacks are str 5. For example assaulting a Leman Russ you will on avg do 9 hull points of dmg with a 10man unit with no upgrades.

For the 10 pts less than the Dreadnought you could get a devastator squad with 4 missile launchers or 3 ML and 1 Lascannon for 5 pts more.

You might consider transferring one power weapon from the Sgt or the DC to the Sanguinary priest. 4+ WS 5 attacks that ignore some or all armor saves is nothing to scoff at.

For the 10 pts less than the Dreadnought you could get a devastator squad with 4 missile launchers or 3 ML and 1 Lascannon for 5 pts more.

You might consider transferring one power weapon from the Sgt or the DC to the Sanguinary priest. 4+ WS 5 attacks that ignore some or all armor saves is nothing to scoff at.

This but don't move the weapons from the DC, as they are also WS 5.

I used to use that Dreadnought (which I believe is affectionately known as a Hellfire dreadnought) but I have since changed the twin-linked Lascannon to an Assault Cannon as I feel it has better synergy with the Missile Launcher. I would also like to try swapping out either weapon for a twin-linked Auto Cannon.

Maybe fit a Power Axe onto the Sanguinary Priest to take advantage of his WS 5? Challenges can be accepted by the Sergeants.

A Thunder Hammer on the Death Company is cool, but a Power Fist would save you five points. Just make sure that this model has a Bolter (better synergy seeing how you don't get +1 A from having them with a Bolt Pistol and being Relentless, they can fire twice and still charge). You could also possibly lose the second Power Sword in order to give the Priest his Axe. However, this Priest is then beginning to look quite pricey...

As mentioned above, we can't use the Psychic Powers listed in our Codex as per this FAQ and I would advise reading it. Regarding your Librarian, either go for Divination (as Prescience will help wonders) or for Telepathy in the hope of getting Invisibility.

Make sure you use cover to advance!

If your opponent goes first, you have one model on the board, which will die.

In your first turn, your pod comes down. You shoot something, and kill on average 1 marine with those 9 bolt shots.

In your Opponents second turn, you will also have only one dangerous unit of 8 models, 9 power armoured wounds on the table, facing an entire 1000pt army.

You will probably lose the game at the end of the second turn, through being wiped.

You have over 50% of your army that will not show up until T2 at the earliest.

I'd start with everything on the board.

Drop 2 power swords and the hammer from the death co and upgrade the libby to a reclusiarch with a power fist. Much more durable, and grants the rerolls that you would maybe not get through divination.

The dread is not a good use of points. Drop it. You now have 155pts free. This could be spent on a DC dread in a pod. Or 3x MM attack bikes.

Archived