hive fleet leviathan and why you should be excited

aura_enchanted

sad.png

Oh. It kind of sounded like a something Sororitas-like. because, you know, we like defending cathedrums and such.

Yeah, just another missed opportunity by the design team instead. sad.png

Well here's to hoping that 2015 brings us a real update and some real love for once.

Well, there's a small hint there of a Skyfire option on Exorcists some time in the future on the fluff but...

That said, it's not fair to say that Sisters don't get anything from that scenario. It just isn't specifically labelled as being a buff to Sisters.

Shooting over 12" is punished. That means that the main threat to us getting into optimum murdering range is nullified. We can happily roll up to our preferred 8" and slaughter everything.

... I may be a little desperate for lightrays here. Also, ugh, another white-haired Seraphim.

Well, there's a small hint there of a Skyfire option on Exorcists some time in the future on the fluff but...

That said, it's not fair to say that Sisters don't get anything from that scenario. It just isn't specifically labelled as being a buff to Sisters.

Shooting over 12" is punished. That means that the main threat to us getting into optimum murdering range is nullified. We can happily roll up to our preferred 8" and slaughter everything.

... I may be a little desperate for lightrays here. Also, ugh, another white-haired Seraphim.

Shooting the Tyranids is nerfed in that scenario, not the Sisters. It's only shooting attacks at the Nids that have the benefit for over 12" not the other way around. There is literally no reason to play Sisters in that scenario other than you being allowed to.

If she wasn't a saint before she died, then no, she can't come back as a living Saint. That's not how it works, really. She might come back as something else, some kind of Imperial daemon, but you have to be canonised before you die to be a living Saint (hence the 'living' part).

Saints are only named after they die (eg the patron Saints of the Orders), the exception to the rule being living saints which can either happen in life or after death and a return to life (notably Saint Celestine).

Saint and Living Saint are ultimately just titles bestowed by the Ecclesiarchy, they do not giving the bearer any particular mystical powers or abilities as they often come first. That is to say the Emperor works through the individual, there is often some sort of holy light show, they kick ass in the name of the Emperor and the Imperium, then someone in the church goes "Hmm, they did glow a lot and have kicked a lot of arse, the Emperor must have blessed them, hey everyone look at that awesome Emperor blessed individual."

You mean along with the people looking at the glowing person and deciding they're a heretic and it's witchery? msn-wink.gif

Sounds like you have sour feelings about the Thrice born. ;)

I swear, die all the time and come back your a living saint, die twice and come back and you must be the worst threat mankind has faces since the Heresy. :P

Relatedly, if we ever get a new Sororitas update, I really hope that "Living Saint" becomes a generic/customizable unit, like C'Tan shards. It'd even make a decent Lord of War, if they were willing to let the living saints be powerful enough, with tons of different upgrades that can let you field her as a tank, a hammer, or an army-supporter. That would be super cool.

Well, the question is, what happens after crons, the last softcover, will be updated? Even GW workers start whispering that they might turn to Sisters. I am too cynical and jaded when it comes to SoB and GW to believe that though.

8th Edition 40k of course :p

Jokes aside, They'll likely either start over with chaos again or focus on campaigns and other limited releases. Second model waves etc.

I think the edex release has pushed us back for a good while yet... late 2015 at the earliest I would suspect.

Archived