hive fleet leviathan and why you should be excited

aura_enchanted

Did someone say plastic sisters?

I know it probably says something unflattering about my taste and intelligence, but this is one of my favorite images:

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy298/RadasNoirRandom/random%20awesomeness/Heresy.jpg

She's just so... happy!

Yes they are called Sisters of Averlorn and you find them in the Fantasy section of youre lgs, and you get backpacks from Spezmuhrines (or use SoB metal ones).

No.

I admit that I like the old sculpts.  Of course, I have well over a hundred of them, so that might have something to do with it,:)

I have a feeling that if they ever do redo the Sisters, that the Repentia will become much more G rated, just like the Dark Eldar Wychs.  (Of course, it would be worth it if they actually gave them decent rules for the tabletop.)

I admit that I like the old sculpts. Of course, I have well over a hundred of them, so that might have something to do with it,:)

I have a feeling that if they ever do redo the Sisters, that the Repentia will become much more G rated, just like the Dark Eldar Wychs. (Of course, it would be worth it if they actually gave them decent rules for the tabletop.)

The Repentia certainly need some redesign around the chest area to make them more practical at least. As for their rules, they're actually pretty solid at the moment :p

The main reason I want to see plastics is for the increase in players we will see!

Yes they are called Sisters of Averlorn and you find them in the Fantasy section of youre lgs, and you get backpacks from Spezmuhrines (or use SoB metal ones).

They don't really look like they're wearing power armor...

Its streamlined powerarmour.

The Avelorns don't look like Sororitas. I'm sorry, its just a fact.

I'm happy with my collection. Do I want more? Sure, but I can play games up to 2000 points, 3 if I can use my super-heavies, at this point, so more is nice but not needed.

I'm happy with my collection. Do I want more? Sure, but I can play games up to 2000 points, 3 if I can use my super-heavies, at this point, so more is nice but not needed.

But some of us are cursed with indecision and a burning need to start a Sororitas army. Do I wait for plastics, or start anyway? Lets be fair, if a plastic launch happens, it's bound to come with a box with battle sisters and an immolator at release (like every recent 40k release, troop+vehicle).

But some of us are cursed with indecision and a burning need to start a Sororitas army. Do I wait for plastics, or start anyway? Lets be fair, if a plastic launch happens, it's bound to come with a box with battle sisters and an immolator at release (like every recent 40k release, troop+vehicle).

So buy metals. If you can't afford a Sororitas kill team, you can't afford to play 40k at all.

One thing I've never quite understood, Miko-sama, or maybe I misunderstand: why are you against people taking plastic kits and converting them into Sisters?  Some of us really can't afford to spend $80 or more per squad but can easily spend, say, $30-40 to kit bash bits into 1-2 squads (example: my thought about using Mantic's Baselian Sisterhood squad + green stuff + bits to make 1-2 Repentia squads)

One thing I've never quite understood, Miko-sama, or maybe I misunderstand: why are you against people taking plastic kits and converting them into Sisters? Some of us really can't afford to spend $80 or more per squad but can easily spend, say, $30-40 to kit bash bits into 1-2 squads (example: my thought about using Mantic's Baselian Sisterhood squad + green stuff + bits to make 1-2 Repentia squads)

Because they look awful. They don't look like Sisters of Battle. They look like fantasy characters with boltguns.

Frankly, I'd rather see someone with a self-cast or bootleg army - a self-sculpted army would be cool, but that's a tall order - than a bunch of lame-censored.gif censored.gify-looking kit-bashes that don't look in the slightest like Sisters of Battle!

I wasn't talking specifically about the Sisters of Avelorn. My Repentia (what bolt guns?) idea was used as an example and because it was one she rebuffed as well. Repentia wear rags and a bodice. Outside of the eviscerators and the mistress, that can easily be filled by a fantasy-line model. At the same time she seemed to like the idea of Rebel Minis Valkyries as a command squad.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding something. Either way, I would like to be enlightened. biggrin.png

I have no bashes atm tongue.png I'm getting back into the game after quitting toward the very end of 3rd edition, when I sold off my Blood Angels army. I bought a bunch of stuff off of eBay for about half-price so I could get a start but now I need to fill out units, get meltaguns, more transports, and some other squads.

Edit: Actually, if I can find them, I do have some fantasy kit-bashes for my VC army but a lot of that stuff is in storage atm. That army is in need of serious update, too. The last time I bought anything for it, Strigoi and Lahmia were still playable bloodlines. >.>

Good thing its my own money i use on Averlorn sisters instead of getting 4 Dark eldar boxes to have 12 female bodies. Might be 3 but if iam not mistaken it only has 3 female ones per box. And than there is the thing with pointy ears, so visible with the DE kits, not so with the Averlorn kit.

But they don't look like Sororitas! Not even a little.

And thats where your conevrsion skills come into play, you have those right?

Guess in the end its a matter of oppinion.

Good thing its my own money i use on Averlorn sisters instead of getting 4 Dark eldar boxes to have 12 female bodies. Might be 3 but if iam not mistaken it only has 3 female ones per box. And than there is the thing with pointy ears, so visible with the DE kits, not so with the Averlorn kit.

But they don't look like Sororitas! Not even a little.

And thats where your conevrsion skills come into play, you have those right?

Guess in the end its a matter of oppinion.

IMHO... the amount of work it would take to turn an elf wearing scale mail and carrying a bow into a human wearing power armor and carrying a bolter is enough that anyone worth his/her salt would just sculpt the model from scratch. I cannot imagine how the pieces present in the Sisters of Averlorn kit could possibly be turned into a Sororitas. I'd love to see pictures to prove me wrong - human ingenuity always fascinates me - but I find the idea unlikely, at best.

I have some placed on these boards actually, and that was a version with minimun conversions added to it. Those are intended as Spacewolves count, so the weapons arent realy sister like.

Found it:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/296182-alternate-sisters/

BTW: would have expected that heresy thing about using that kit by now, is that one sleeping or doesnt he/she consider it heresy?

I have some placed on these boards actually, and that was a version with minimun conversions added to it. Those are intended as Spacewolves count, so the weapons arent realy sister like.

Found it:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/296182-alternate-sisters/

BTW: would have expected that heresy thing about using that kit by now, is that one sleeping or doesnt he/she consider it heresy?

She's waiting until I've seen the models.

Archived