Can the rumour and section be just that?

gogmagog

I've noticed in the rumour section, endless discussion off on a tangent, and no new rumours or news, even when mods put a post up and clean it, it still goes on. I like to read news and rumours, not how many times the blood angels have been battered for instance. There are other places for that. Whinge over, peace and love to all! :)

Implementation of a system dictating that when a news or rumour thread goes up, a second, discussion thread pertaining to the news or rumours is also created. Any relevant piece of news or rumour is posted to the original thread whereas the discussion thread is chiefly concerned with discussing the news and rumours revealed in the original topics. Both threads should also reference one another within the respective original posts. With a forum of this size (and the consistency at which news and rumours are accumulated), however, that doesn't seem entirely practical. I have known smaller forums and communities to enforce such protocols, though.

At any rate, this was definitely a more appropriate avenue of resolution than your post in the Blood Angels topic, but this should be in the Suggestion Box as I highlighted to you in the other topic.

Eeexcellent.

Suggestion: Have a sticked thread with details of each rumour and links to the sources and have it so that only mods can add new info to it so thats the dedicated rumour info thread, then have another thread where members can discuss the rumour(s) and its/their implications.

Archived