No Storm Eagle for the Blood Angels?

ElectricPaladin

So, I've got the opportunity to make a trade and acquire a storm eagle. I cracked open my copy of IA: War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes, and I was shocked to discover that the Blood Angels can't take it. Lame!

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or incorrect? I thought the same thing about contemptor dreadnoughts at first, until I found the entry for furioso contemptors. I don't suppose there's some entry elsewhere that clarifies how Blood Angels can take storm eagles...?

I'll probably still make the trade. He's got some dreadnoughts I could use, some land raiders...

correct, however Forgeworld are working on FAQs currently that will make it legal to blood angels, I have an email from them saying exactly that and that I should consider it legal in games till the FAQ comes out. (I'll paste email later on).

this has been a dodgy subject for me, I've pestered them about it at every event, and via email a few times, they mentioned around april time that we'd get an FAQ making it legal eventually, I quoted them on it last month and they confirmed the team are working on FAQs currently as the main books are written right at this moment.

this was from September

Hi there.

Our rules team are actually working on a series of FAQs and errata now (as they are in between book releases) including the various areas of the Space Marines that we need to look at. However, we can confirm that Storm Eagles can and will be used by Blood Angels armies so please treat them as such.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,

Forge World

If you have a query about your order, please call

0115 900 4995 within the UK

011 44 115 900 4995 from the US and Canada

00 44 115 900 4995 from much of Europe

Our office hours are:

0930 – 1800 (GMT) Monday to Friday

0930 – 1700 (GMT) Saturday

and this was from March:

Hi Alsidair,

Thak you for your email. In answer to your questions:

1. The Blood Angel Contemptor Dreadnought has its own rules separate from the standard Contemptor. You'll find these in Imperial Armour Apocalypse

2. The Blood Angels can take both the Storm Eagle and Fire Raptor, we will be updating the FAQ in the near future to reflect this.

3. We have not yet looked at the Blood Angels in the Heresy era, we will certainly be looking at them for a future Horus Heresy book.

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,

Forge World

If you have a query about your order, please call

0115 900 4995 within the UK

011 44 115 900 4995 from the US and Canada

00 44 115 900 4995 from much of Europe

Our office hours are:

0930 – 1800 (GMT) Monday to Friday

0930 – 1700 (GMT) Saturday

I purchased one as a result of the original email, will get a second if the rules do get an FAQ at any time soon.

basically comes down to how much you 'trust' Forgeworld.

I suggest maybe dropping them an email, feel free to quote the responses they sent to me when you do.

Archived