Iron Warriors 2500

Naryn

Working on an Iron Warriors list to work towards, since I build so slow I have plenty of time to tweak it.  Let me know your thoughts.

Master of Signal in Art Armor

Two Artificer Armor/Augury Scanner Apothecaries

1 Thudd Gun Rapier

Two 20-man Legion Tac squads w/ nuncio-voxes, sarge with art armor, meltabombs, and power sword

3 Hyperios Sentry Guns

10 Iron Havocs with Missile Launchers, sarge in Art Armor

2 Legion Medusas

1 Exec/Las Predator with dozer and machine spirit

2 Auto/Las predators with dozer blades

Firestorm Redoubt with Punisher Cannons, ammo dump, void shield, Magos Machine spirit

I'm not sold on the havocs, the redoubt, or the sentry guns.  Thoughts?  

• 2 weeks later...

Because no one else has, I will even though I am new to IW as well, I have been playing a Legion army since it was released.

I prefer the named special characters or a generalist praetor. Both of our guys are pretty cool and give good buffing to the army.

Master of Signal is good but in my other lists he falls behind. Note I don't normally play a static list and my current IW army is about as close as it gets.

2 tac squads are pretty stout. I would skip the power sword and bring a combi-melta but that's just me. The combi has saved my butt so many times it isn't funny and a combi melta is standard in all tac squads I am forced to bring. "Charging dreadnought? What charging dreadnought?"

I wouldn't waste the points on art armor for your medics, nor for the tac sergeants but whatever works for you.

I have never used the sentry guns but have heard negative things from those who have. I my group I am the one who typically brings flyers in numbers so they would be useless in my meta except against a DE player in the group.

Iron Havocs with missile launchers are pretty solid with a sergeant with augury scanner. I personally will not spend the points on art armor for a back field unit like this.

Medusas and preds are pretty solid just be sure they don't get close company.

I am not sure on the redoubt, I prefer the mobile game and never use fortifications. Issues I see right now are you have no ability to move and take objectives. You have two foot slogging blobs and that's it. I would bring a third tactical squad or some sort of troop infantry squad in a rhino and use that to get to locations. Or terminators in a land raider(which would be my choice).

You know what, those are really good points.  The Centurion right now is hanging back with the havocs, but I'm considering swapping him for Kyr Vhalen at higher points values.  I just don't see much benefit in a beatstick character, when most of my list is avoiding melee.

Combi melta is a solid change and I'll keep it in mind.  

What would you take instead of the sentry guns?  They felt very Iron Warriors to me, but I'm open to suggestions.

The art armor on the Havocs was just because i had ten points left over.  Those can be lumped in with the sentry guns in terms of stuff to replace.

You're right about the objectives.  What would you take?  Veterans with plasma/melta? Breachers with the same? 

Kyr benefits your havoks by improving their cover save :) He seems like a decent HQ choice.

Something in a transport that can get places. Tacs in a rhino or Terms in a Raider or Spartan. Yeah I know you have to reconfigure your points for the latter option but they have to get there somehow or you will lose on victory points. Maybe drop one of the tac squads down to two groups of ten and find another 70 points for two Rhinos. You lose a blob but now you have the ability to capture two objectives.

Archived