sisters of battle win heat three of the UK40K GT.

Nope, I'm just an interested observer, if I remember correctly 12 of the lists were eldar, and there were 50 wave serpents, and a dozen imperial knights and wraithknights? Something like that anyhow. I'm just intrigued to see what was obviously a very well played meta spoiler list do so well.

Plus its lovely to not see eldar or imperial knights get top spot again!

Very interesting, I would like to see the list and some type of interview on how the guy used his army.

Eldar with Knights just seem so wrong, things like that should not be allowed. Except between friends trying weird combo's along with beer and pretzels.  

There is only one "favourable match-up" that would allow for casual roflstomping and an easy win in that entire list, Immersturm - the 'nids. Except the 'nids probably had double flyrants and a skyblight and thus were not a "favourable match-up", since they were at a tournament.

I've been saying it for over a year now: Sisters are just that good, easily a 'mid-upper tier' army, if you assume that the only top-tier armies are Eldar and Tau.

almost 50% of top 16 is eldar :D.

SoB are good against  eldar when they multi CAD, specialy now when baron star is gone. Plus they have a lot of table fliping ablitities. +6inv is nothing, it is uber bad. Until your opponent swarms an objective and your knights/scaters/SunC fail to kill their avarge and the sob players clocks another objective card next turn. +the flamers are problematic for eldar. Marines dont run them and wyverns can be killed off, when every sob squads is able to hurt your 5 man DA squad and there is zounds of them it becomes a problem[specialy when scouting dominions can hurt your spiders or weapons turn 1].

Mad kudos to the winner though, luck or no luck. But lately a lot of odd ball  loyalist armies have been wining large tournaments.

Indeed. Pretty weird to see DA/IG there too. I assume it was the 50man 4++ FnP blob. I had to face one of those a while back. Wasn't pleasant.

By the way, one reason that he won could also have been that many players never faced AS before and did not know how to kill them. The element of surprise is powerful.

However, as an Eldar player and someone who knows AS reasonably well I have to disagree with some assessments of yours jeske. Flamers are the least interesting weapon to me. The only unit of any concern are the Exorcists. The rest can be stopped reliably. Even scouting dominions have to bow to the almighty 3 skull inquisitor :D

But that only further underlines my surprise that the guy had the sheer nut sack to even attempt it. I am really curious what sort of list he was running.

The Repressor isn't broken, just a good transport that gives Sisters options :) As for the result it is good news of course, but has no real bearing on competitiveness as each tournament is it's own beast. Sisters are a strong army, we don't need to hear results to know that ;)

If the opinions of fools bothers you that much then let them face you on the table top if Sisters are such a push over. Remember to collect their tears as your prize tongue.png

Individual skill is still a major factor.

Yeah, he is one of the best in the UK, Josh Roberts brother, been in the ETC team for years, but it's still unusual to see sisters do so well in the UK.

I'm curious about what he did with the priest.

I can see Saint Celestine keeping up with the chapter master and his bike squad but a priest is too slow. Nothing else says close comabt and a priest only shines in the assault phase.

My guess would be as a Litanies Caddy for one of the Dominion squads.

I'm not surprised by this result.  Sisters are at least as strong as Codex Marines :p

Yeah, he is one of the best in the UK, Josh Roberts brother, been in the ETC team for years, but it's still unusual to see sisters do so well in the UK.

It's a renowned player using competitive standard units and allying in units from a different codex in addition. I mean, I know it's SoB, but still, those are some pretty important mitigating circumstances. Also, you can tell it's bad when a Sisters of Battle vet (?) implies that your codex is inferior and describes your army as a favourable match-up - Skyblight aside. But then, I doubt any of these lists were particularly inspired.

not a tyranid player...honest.

Chrono, Tyranid armies that aren't build around FMCs are full of big, offensively-designed monstrous creatures with T5-6 and 4+ saves, backed up by a handful of T4 4+ models that survive by having 3 wounds, and T3-4 5+ gribbly swarms.

Sisters are good at three things: BS4 S8 AP1 Ignores Cover, S5 AP4, and having lots of both.

When everything in the enemy army is an ideal target for your guns, its hard to describe it as anything but a favourable match-up.

Archived