Templar Dice order

Acebaur

Well I've decided I want some Black Templar dice to replace my "rolls-too-many-1's" brick of 11mm dice laugh.png. My hope is that despite the rounded corners and pips the larger(almost twice as big) 16mm custom dice from Chessex will roll better(though not Vegas better) than the small dice. My logic is that the larger dice have more weight and thus the loss of weight on the 6 side will not be as much of a factor when rolling the dice. Plus you can never have too many things with the Templar cross on them biggrin.png

So here is the plan. I plan to order dice regardless but I thought if we could get a group of folks together it would make it cheaper for all of us. I'm ordering from chessex as I know they produce quality dice. I have looked at some other sites as well but everyone seems to have rounded corners with pips. So Chessex it is.

Here is how ordering will work. People will commit to a certain amount of dice and then I will send them a paypal invoice which must be paid prior to the dice being bought. Then once the dice come in I will divvy them out and ship them to you. Just so everyone knows, I live in the US. Shipping international is possible, but I need to look into what the cheapest way will be.

Here is chessex's pricing plan

10-25 dice: $1.00 per side
26-99 dice: $0.75 per side
100-199 dice: $0.60 per side
200-499 dice: $0.50 per side

500-999 dice: $0.42 per side

For the design I like this as it is very 40K.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/th_MINT29_CHESSEX_CUSTOM_MALTESE_CROSS_WITH_SKULL_WARHAMMER_BLACK_TEMPLAR_01_zps225fd41d.jpg

Colors I'm thinking a max of 3. I'll have to check with Chessex if color matter for how we order them, if that's the case we may have to to only get 2 depending on interest.

I've seen we did black and gold before but honestly I really like the black and white. I think it looks really sharp, its easy to read and is the chapter colors. As a second color I'm thinking red dice with either white or black dots.

So who is interested? msn-wink.gif

Sign ups (Note I will update this list with colors/dice numbers as they come in. Also until I hear back from chessex we are assuming Red/Black is an opton)

Acebaur - 40+ (not sure yet lol)

Templar14 - 20

shandwen - 20 B/W, 20 B/R, 10 B/G

Marshal Mattias - 10 B/G, 10 B/R\, 10 W/B or I/B, 30 B/W

Lysere - 20 B/W

Metic - 50 B/W

Mandolore511 - 60 B/W

Snorri - 30 B/W 10 W/B

Roujakis - 30 B/W, 10 B/R, 10 B/G

Hauscat - 20 B/G, 10 B/W

Commendator Arn - 10 B/W, 10 W/B, 5 B/G

Grey Paladin - 20 B/W, 20 B/G, 10 W/B

Duke Danse - 10 W/B, 10 B/W, 10 B/R

Beor - 30 B/W, 10 B/G, 10 R/W

Marshal Severarse - 36 B/W, 9 R/W, 27 W/B

Terrified Templar - 35 B/W, 15 B/G

Andrewchristlieb - 36 I/B, 12 B/G

I am already heavily invested in B&C dice, but I simply cannot pass this up.

I am in for 20 dice minimum.
Once the color choices crystalize I might up the numbers.
shipping will never be a deal breaker for me, so whatever transatlantic shipping adds to my price is fine.

Glorious initiative, brother.

I'm in the uk so I'd want to be sure there is a feasible shipping option before I would commit to it, but otherwise I'd be excited to get involved. If we can hit the fiddy-cent mark I'd be looking at maybe 50 dice? I contacted chessex before but it was just too pricey to justify doing my own solo order. At the time, they were happy to offer 3 different colour options even for such a low order. I bet you could even get four or more, but that increases the logistics of divvying up orders. I like the black/white, white/black and something in red. I would love to get a few in black n gold too if enough people are involved that you don't mind. But - we would get the cross on the six-face, right? Just that picture seems to show something else.

Tldr- yes please, easily 50.

The cross would be on the 6 side, I used that pic solely to show the black dice/white dots design.  

Ok I updated the first post with a list of people who have given a definite number they would order(assuming the planets align and everyone is happy with arrangements :lol:)

The time frame on this is probably a few weeks to finalize everything and then however long it takes them to make and ship them to me and me to ship to you(probably another couple of weeks)

For colors I'm thinking this in a Dice color/Pip color order

Black/white

Red/Black or Red/White

Possible 3rd option, though based on the pic I found above, I'm not too keen on it personally.

White/Black

Yeah, I checked my previous emails from chessex, the colours are pretty much up to you, they don't seem to mind but try and keep it reasonable :P

Black with white pips looks great.

I agree that I don't like the inverse as much.

Red with black pips I have seen and also looks good.

Black with gold pips looks lovely and is great in smaller numbers as your 'third' for stand-out HQs/Sword Brother rolls etc. other colours just don't seem especially 'Templar'. Although I think there may be an 'ivory' with black pips which may fix the rather stark look of the white ones.

EDIT:

Here is the response I received a few months back while looking at placing an order myself;

We certainly can produce Maltese cross dice, can you send us a pic of

the design variation you prefer?

Yes, you can get 2 different colors for your batch of 50.

Shipping for that quantity to London would be $24

Here's a list of the available colors, to view them I recommend just

doing a google search and putting Chessex in front of the color name.

You'll get plenty of examples. If you have any other questions please

let me know.

Thanks,

Ross Arden

Opaque Ivory/black

Opaque White/black

Opaque Red/white

Opaque Green/white

Opaque Blue/white

Opaque Purple/white

Opaque Grey/black

Opaque Black/white

Opaque Black/red

Opaque Black/gold

Translucent Clear/white

Translucent Yellow/white

Translucent Orange/white

Translucent Red/white

Translucent Green/white

Translucent Blue/white

Translucent Purple/white

Translucent Smoke/white

Borealis Aquerple/black

Borealis Light Green/gold

Borealis Purple/white

Gemini Black-Blue/gold

Gemini Black-Copper/white

Gemini Black-Gold/silver

Gemini Black-Green/gold

Gemini Black-Grey/green

Gemini Black-Purple/gold

Gemini Black-Red/white

Gemini Black-Shell/white

Gemini Black-White/red

Gemini Blue-Gold/white

Gemini Blue-Green/gold

Gemini Blue-Magenta/gold

Gemini Blue-Orange/white

Gemini Blue-Purple/Gold

Gemini Blue-Red/Gold

Gemini Blue-Red/White

Gemini Blue-Steel/white

Gemini Copper-Green/white

Gemini Copper-Steel/white

Gemini Copper-Teal/silver

Gemini Gold-White/black

Gemini Green-Gold/white

Gemini Green-Purple/gold

Gemini Green-Steel/white

Gemini Green-Yellow/silver

Gemini Orange-Yellow/black

Gemini Pink-Purple/white

Gemini Purple-Red/gold

Gemini Purple-Steel/white

Gemini Red-Yellow/silver

Gemini Steel-Teal/white

Gemini Teal-White/black

Leaf Black Gold/silver

Lustrous Black/gold

Lustrous Bronze/white

Lustrous Gold/silver

Lustrous Green/white

Lustrous Purple/gold

Lustrous Shadow/gold

Lustrous Slate/white

Marble Ivory/black

Mother of Pearl Blue/silver

Mother of Pearl White/black

Nebula Black/white

Nebula Blue/white

Phantom Black/silver

Phantom Teal/gold

Scarab Blue Blood/gold

Scarab Jade/gold

Scarab Royal Blue/gold

Scarab Scarlet/gold

Velvet Black/red

Velvet Blue/white

Velvet Copper/white

Velvet Gold/white

Velvet Green/white

Velvet Pink/white

Velvet Purple/white

Velvet Red/white

Velvet Silver/white

Vortex Black/yellow

Vortex Blue/gold

Vortex Bright Green/black

Vortex Burgundy/gold

Vortex Teal/gold

Honestly, I felt only the opaque options looked quite right. Some colour examples:

Opaque Ivory/black

Opaque White/black

Opaque Black/white

Opaque Black/gold

The red/white is worth a look as is the red/black if they are doing them again.

Previous thread examples:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/080/5/4/_wh40k__templars_dice_001_by_zyth23-d7b2mv4.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/080/d/c/_wh40k__templars_dice_002_by_zyth23-d7b2n39.jpg

In fact, all this research is convincing me that I like the black/white and red/white best of all. I think you are right Ace that the white base just doesn't seem quite right. I do really like the gold as well though, I'd love to have 10 of those...

So do these come in a chessex cube or just as a bundle in a little baggy?

No, to my knowledge they do not come in cubes. However you can buy the exact same cubes(abeit with a different lid) from the Container Store for dirt cheap.

First post updated with new numbers

Edit: Here is a quick and dirty photoshop of what Red/Black could look like

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/Reddietest_zpsbeb94ce8.jpg

I'm now torn. I love the red as the accent color dice, but the ivory looks nice too and is in fact a little more Templary than red. 

You see, that's alright. You get about 30 black dice for crusader squads and standard guys. You get 10 white dice for commanders and power weapons attached to squads. Then you buy 5-10 red dice for those really cool guys. Although my original idea was to use red dice for sword bretheren.

Help me understand the "per side" as it is listed.  So if we were purchasing d8 or d20 or something it would be that price x # of sides so  $ x 6 in our case or is that the cost for only having them etch one side on the dice?

Just asking as I'm used to going to the chessex booth at PAX PRIME every year and getting dice with the Chaos Star for like $1.25 a piece since it's an etch they just seem to carry as standard.

Ok the pricing works like this. The per side is per custom side of the die. The cost includes the die itself as well. So with only 1 custom face we will pay the listed price per die. If everyone who has said they want dice so far actually indeed orders them we will pay $.50 a die. If we wanted 2 custom faces it would be $1 a die.  Does that make sense?

Archived