"The Marked", 8th Cohort, 8th Grand Company, VIII Legion

>>Transcript Begin<<

>>Via Astropathic relay: [file corrupted, unknown source]<<

>>Imperial Date: XXX.M41<<

>>Authorisation: Var'Koth, Captain, 8th Cohort, 8th Grand Company, VIII Legion<<

>>Thought for the day: Adeo Mori Servus Imperator Fictus <<

My Lord,

As per your orders I will hereby verify my army's current status, to account for the expediture of ammunition and armour, as well as to prove that my Cohort does not excede your demanded maximum.

over the coming weeks I shall transmit images as well as a short description of the shown units.

We bring the Night,

Captain Var'koth, Commanding, 8th Cohort.

>> Transcript Ends<<

In this thread I will collect the progress of my Night Lords force, starting with my Call of Chaos vow of 1 Sorcerer, 1x6 Chosen and 1x5 Chosen. The army will primarily be made up of Forgeworld parts I happen to have lying around, though Shoulder pads, helmets and a few other parts will have to be bought later on. besides this I will add a BFG fleet to the Force, but more on that later.

Currently I have the first 6 Chosen, the Sorcerer and Captain Var'Koth (not a part of the Vow) ready for primer, just waiting for the weather to behave so I can get to work.

for some reason my previous photo site (photobucket) is no longer accepted here, any ideas for an alternative?

- Luther

thanks both of you, it's still early in the process.

As for the Sorcerer, I'm considering starting over and just use this guy for random Aspiring Champion.

If I start over It'll be robes and a "winged helmet", so I'm still arguing that in my head. Input would be appreciated.

the "Sorcerer" body is from the SoH Command set from FW, the Standard Bearer (another future conversion includes that banner ;) )

- Luther

Oh wow, the new sorcerer looks great!

Much better, and definitely stands out from the rest of the squad even if he doesn't have a psychic hood.

Only a teeny issue, the angle of his casting hand looks a little sharp. Kinda uncomfortable for his wrist ^_^

Other than that, looking aces. Keep it up!

@ Flint: Thanks, I'm quite happy with how he turned out myself :D

@ Augustus: actually, I never owned any Reaver bits ;) the parts are either SoH torsos or Commander ones.

anyway, I'm back with some paint test pics, please note that the gun isn't painted yet, and there's still time to tweak any minor issues. all CoC and the Commander are in first stages of blue right now, so expect more soon.

Here he is:

gallery_10707_10165_7180.jpggallery_10707_10165_20516.jpg

gallery_10707_10165_43725.jpg

I'm not happy with the NL logo on the pad, so that'll be fixed.

Constructive comments and critique is most welcome.

- Luther

Looking pretty darn good so far. Your lightning is even hella better than mine :p

Hmm for constructive crit, I think they could do with a slightly lighter highlight on the very tippy toppest edges and points. Dark blue tends to blend together with black, and those final bright edges give the eye something to pick out.

Love what you have done to your Night Lords Luther looking great, I especially like the terror markings on the helmet wish I had as steady a hand to do such things. Look forward to seeing more

Throat

Well, now that the colour scheme has been "approved" by Flint and Augustus ( :P ), I've begun painting the force.

So far, this is what I've got. (sorry for the picture quality)

gallery_10707_10165_51320.jpg

gallery_10707_10165_68475.jpg

gallery_10707_10165_16053.jpg

gallery_10707_10165_42193.jpg

these guys still need metals, the final highlight on blues, as well as the comlete deal on weapons and bases.

- Luther

(Edit: changed for bad wording.)

Archived