Drakeslayers - Kine G'namadth (Hounds) Completed

Bryan Blaire

Again, fine works.

Björnsten is named the Thriceskulled for the ancient Deathsworn skull helm he bears, his skull’s seeming resistance to the mental intrusions of sorcerers and maleficarum, as well as the savage head-butt kill he achieved against a warlock who brawled with Björnsten after both were disarmed, his spells seeming to slide off the Wolf.

This is an AWESOME backstory. Was the warlock some wannabe from a Chaos cult, or a Thousand Sons sorcerer?

Torgil Grimhearted

med_gallery_59244_10222_350993.jpegmed_gallery_59244_10222_295845.jpegmed_gallery_59244_10222_10748.jpeg

med_gallery_59244_10222_404271.jpeg

(click for larger image)

Torgil bears a helm painted by an artisan to resemble a grey wolf head with barred teeth at the end of the “muzzle” of the helm, against the “heart of a winter hurricane” green of the Kine G’namadth armor.

Rungnir Stonearm

med_gallery_59244_10222_473638.jpegmed_gallery_59244_10222_323951.jpeg

med_gallery_59244_10222_373412.jpegmed_gallery_59244_10222_337270.jpeg

(click for larger image)

I’m proud of the way the gems and axe turned out on Rungnir, so I’m including some additional close up images for those:

sml_gallery_59244_10222_96595.jpegsml_gallery_59244_10222_309629.jpegsml_gallery_59244_10222_80320.jpeg

(click for larger image)

Rungnir shows his graying hair with a streak in his prominent beard braid, as well as going toward the rear of his beard.

Haldor the Younger

med_gallery_59244_10222_55267.jpegmed_gallery_59244_10222_260923.jpeg

med_gallery_59244_10222_364073.jpegmed_gallery_59244_10222_305088.jpeg

(click for larger image)

Haldor bears the only non-modified power pack in the squad, with a new Phobos power pack adorned with totemic items - his previous power pack was destroyed in the combat event that precipitated his undergoing the Rubicon Primaris process.

All his battle brothers bear legacy power packs (some of very ancient provenance) that have been modified with additional power cycles and emergency venting by the Iron Priests to provide enough energy surge to cover active combat situations, but deliver lower energy to meet requirements during stalking and observing periods.

Group Pict-Capture:

med_gallery_59244_10222_583960.jpeg

(click for larger image)

The heavier dust on their boots is supposed to represent a bit longer time on surface that their compatriots, who should necessarily have less than the Kine G’namadth display - the hunting Kine are typically inserted before even the infiltration units of Drakeslayer assault forces to give them time to identify and possibly slay any sorcerous power wielders they can find to limit friendly exposure.

I think they still need something more, so I’ve been considering trying to do some pin wash style/wet loaded brush glazing into the crevices to show a bit more grime build up there - thoughts?

Finally, the unit, being a much more shadow/infiltration hunt oriented unit than most that would be found in the Elites section of the force organization table, bears minimal shining gold, instead using oiled bronze on most of their armor and weapon fittings where you would normally find gold instead, limiting their use of worn/ancient gilding to minimal weapon surface ornamentation and their knot-work on the right shoulder armor plate.

———————————————————————————

I apologize for my lack of response in most of the threads here - I typically try to respond more than just click Like, however, some life events over the last few months have robbed me of a lot of creativity and enjoyment in my usual interactions due to stress. Things are getting better recently, so I hope to return to more interaction than I have been showing for a while. This hopefully also explains the lack of decent fluff for these guys - I’m working on it, and will get that posted at some point. I prefer to have more fluff on my units that I’ve woven here.

I appreciate any and all comments, or even just Likes, and I appreciate all Frater in this forum for encouraging each other and just showing interest in what others are doing!

Quoting so that amazing work shows up on this page too.

That is truly breathtaking. Well done!!!