SoFlo GT batreps

BLACK BLΠFLY

So a full game turn has to go before you auto lose the game?

I haven't played a full pod list. The one above looks mighty 'elite-ish'. I'd have to guess that stuff like Orks gives it a rough time.... I do like the design though. Lots of fun models in there, and the Calgar cool factor is always nice.

I usually take Meltasternguard but I've never actually tried a Combi-Grav squad!

To asnwer Prot's question, yes, if at the end of any full game turn a player has no models on the board, they lose. So, as Black Orange's Drop-Pod army is guaranteed 4 Pods on the board turn 1, it is impossible for him to lose unless the drop-pod army goes in the top of the turn and the opponent manages to wipe the 4 squads and their pods in the bottom of the turn. This is easily mitigated by the drop-pod player choosing to go second if he wins the roll; he denies the enemy a turn of shooting, and eliminates any possibility of a first turn loss. 

Black Orange, I'm really enjoying these reports, looking forward to game 6!

Calgar

Tigerius

5x Honor Guard - 4x Power Axe - Thunderhammer

Drop Pod

5x Sternguard - 4x Combi Melta - Heavy Flamer

Drop Pod

5x Sternguard - 4x Combi-Grav - heavy Flamer

Drop Pod

6x Tactical Marine incl. Sergeant - Meltagun - Combi-Melta

Drop Pod

6x Tactical Marine incl. Sergeant - Plasmagun - Combi-Plasma

Drop Pod

5x Devastator - 4x Missile Launcher (flakk)

Drop Pod

Rune Priest - Runic Armor - Force Axe - Bolt Pistol - Level 2 Psyker

9x Grey Hunter - Meltagun - Plasma Pistol - Power Axe - Chainswords

Drop Pod

* Meltabombs for sergeants

Interesting....

For myself I have removed the Space Wolves in favour of 2 Lascannon Stormtalons.

What target do you go for with the Combi-Grav Sternguard?

Time for the last game which I'll quickly summarize:

Versus a good Tau player featuring two commanders, crisis suit team with drones, two Tetras, two burstsides, Broadsides in a bunker, two squads of Fire Warriors (one with devilfish) and a Skyray.

The primaries were scoring objectives (EW & Maelström) plus table quarters. Deployment was Dawn of War. I got both shrouding and invisible for psychic powers. Note I only rolled Insta Gizz at most twice out of the six games.

This game I was overconfident which lead to some mistakes. My opponent castled up a lot of his army with the Broadsides on a flank along with one squad of Fire Warriors. I nshould have gone straight for his castle but instead decided to go after the Broadsides first then sweep into his castle. The BikeStar was indestructible and took out most of his army but he was able to kill the rest of my army easily winning most of the objectives. Lesson learned !

I did manage to claim all of the secondary objectives so it wasn't a complete wash ending up 3W-3L and overall 10th place out of 32 players. I also won the award for best SM player with was nice and highly coveted as there was a good number of SM armies there.

Not my best performance but this was my first GT playing Thunder and Lightning - I considered this event as a test ground since I'll be playing in three GTs this coming Fenruary (LVO, TempleCon and Crucible).

I would like to have at least one dedicated anti air unit so will be swapping out one bike squad for a Stormfang and am considering running a Rune Priest instead of the Wolf Lord for the double Psyker.

SoFlo was a lot of fun and well run - I'll definitely go back again next year. :thumbsup:

Archived