bl.php?text=The%20Psychotic%20Legion&fontsize=25&bg=000000

+++=][=+++

Original Post:Greetings, brothers of the mighty Bolter and Chainsword!

Many times have I set out to build up a mighty army, but given up, for wont of motivation (Did I just actually use the word wont? This is so freaking weird.) So now, I have decided to make a project log, where I have an outlet to display my endevours into the unexplored wilderness of conversions (For me, anyways.), and actual painting (Which, I, admittedly, suck at. Not only do I suck at it, I am also horrendously slow.) So join me, as we take an saunter into this unfamiliar (Once again, only me.) place of converted Chaos!!!

+++=][=+++

So, first post... first impressions are hard. It's the same with anything, music, school, dates, et cetera. And this thread I've started is no exception.

The primary reason for this thread, if you could understand the rather unwieldy paragraph above, is to give me motivation to actually complete models for my Chaos warbands. Right now, I have four warbands from four different Traitor Legions in the works (strictly speaking, one of them is technically not a Traitor Legion, but the members originate from one of the Eighteen, during the Heresy, and they're traitors.) In no particular order, they are-

The Night Lords Terrorborn (52. Company) of Lord Captain Valaghurst Nyxanos. They will mainly consist of Raptors, Chosen, Havocs, et cetera.

The warband from the 'loyal' Legion, which I will choose to keep secret at this prescise time, but feel free to guess who they are. They will be composed of count-as Plague Marines, en masse, and vehicles.

The World Eaters Sinner's Swords (64. Company) of Centurion Zekeriah Cain, the so-called Heretic. They will have Khorne Berzerkers, and Terminators, and basically anything Marked by Khorne.

The Word Bearers Consumed (210. Company) of the Carnivorous King. This will possess Possessed (Ha ha. Punny, I guess) and will probably be my smallest contingent, so that's who we are going to be looking at today.

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag161/YFNPsycho/1715ab66-3f39-4b60-adfe-087c11a0e634_zps186c9959.jpg

This will be a Chaos Lord with power sword. Or possibly a bare-bones Sorceror. Or either one, depending on how I am strategically inclined. Either way, I delibrately attemted to ape the posing of the Space Marine Commander in this, sort of like a Bizzaro to the Commander's Superman. The head is the bare head with osmotic grill from the basic CSM kit, except with the topknot shaved off. I really don't care for topknots on not-Black Legion models, because that's what I associate them with. But yeah... Sadly, not too much Word Bearers iconography... Can't really find much in my bits box that suits. If anyone has any suggestions, I would welcome them.

Comments and critiques are very much appreciated, so do it, otherwise I shall hunt you down, flay you alive, sacrifice you to the Word of Lorgar, and then offer your Skull to the Throne.

• 4 weeks later...

@Flint13: It doesn't help that my camera is slowly dying, and that the focus is way off. Hopefully I can replace it come Christmas, but till then, no pictures.

@Pearson73: Thank you.

+++=][=+++

So... I forgot completely about two very important things.

Namely, this thread, and the Call of Chaos. Specificaly, that I have a Chaos Lord and Helbrute to paint, and I havn't touched them at all.

I fear that A D-B may have a competitor for the coveted title of World's Slowest Painter.

Speaking of ol' Dembski-Bowden, I just finished reading Talon of Horus, several times over, and thus, I've decided to scrap the idea of a Word Bearers force in favour of the Legion of the Long War. I'll still paint up the Chaos Lord above in WB colours, but that'll have to wait until I can complete CoC and my 500pts of Black Legion.

• 4 weeks later...

+++=][=+++

What ho, friends!

So, as a belated Christmas gift from my father (he was horribly, horribly, sick) , I recieved the following-

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag161/YFNPsycho/P1040996_zpsd1727c7d.jpg

And so, being the hobby butterfly that I am, I started building this little chap for the Eighth Legion-

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag161/YFNPsycho/P1051020_zps21892d74.jpg

Now, he will at some point have a head, and arms, but that's my biggest problem-

I don't know what to kit him out with.

That's where I need your help. I need to decide what weapon options to give to him, with a few (well, one) caveats-

I don't do supplements. From what I understand, the Spineshiver Blade and the Hand of Darkness, from Supplement: Black Legion, is a beast, but because the books are so fugging expensive, I prefer to keep those I actually use to a minimum, so I can afford more models.

So, any help you can offer would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you for your time.

@Dragonlover: However did you guess? Perchance this tipped you off?

Anyways, I went with the rule of cool, as DL suggested, and this was what emerged. A Lord with power axe and the Burning Brand of Skalathrax (What can I say? My Night Lords have pyromaniacs.) Only later did I realize that it was a copy of Hashec Tor...

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag161/YFNPsycho/P1091058_zpsa7fbf266.jpg

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag161/YFNPsycho/P1091056_zpsbdb80d3a.jpg

Still have some work to do, but overall I like him. I'm currently working on three Termies to serve as his bodyguard, and those should be built soon.

I do like the bits in the Warp Talons kit, though. Such an awful unit, but such good models.

Comments? Criticism? Please?

I also like the lord! That head also fits well I think! I may end up stealing that look for one termie lord of my own though I may try to remove the horns for a less mutated look. I did the same thing too with the flamer and removed the funky nozzles. I just glued on a nozzle taken from an IG heavy flamer to replace it. Although I like the stubbier look you've got going on.

@Tarvick: Thanks, mate! I'm glad you like the BBoS, since you're one of my favorite modelers. I do need to pick up a pin drill at some point to drill out the barrels, but until then... all my models are going to have magical shooty guns.

@hushrong: Thanks! I appreciate the comments, but I'm afraid you've got it all wrong about his helm. It's going to be painted up as a uber-scary deathmask, to put the fear of the Gods into his enemies.

@Noctem Cultor: Gratitude, NC! If only I had any painting talent(or sculpting talent, for that matter) to speak of...

@hushrong: Thanks! I appreciate the comments, but I'm afraid you've got it all wrong about his helm. It's going to be painted up as a uber-scary deathmask, to put the fear of the Gods into his enemies.

THAT is one of the smartest things I have ever heard: A chaos deathmask. Fantastic!

So, update time...

You probably remember how I had a squad of Terminators to serve as my Chaos Lord's bodyguard? No? Well, here they are-

Unknown Terminators of the Night Lords 52nd Company

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag161/YFNPsycho/P1121063_zps1e1acdc4.jpg

And then I've started some real rough work on my Raptors, the First Claw of the Fifty-Second Company-

Legionary Victor Silencio and Sergeant Neco Hhazi

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag161/YFNPsycho/P1121061_zpsf1337aa5.jpg

God, I love the Raptor kit so freaking much. Anyways, Victor Silencio is the bloke with the duel chainswords, and he's basically on the fast-track to becoming a Warp Talon (additional fluff to follow). He is now the favorite model I have ever built.

• 6 months later...

OUT OF THE DARKNESS WE RISE FROM THE ASHES.

INTO THE LIGHT WE SET FLAME TO ALL WORLDS.

-Unsourced long-range vox transmission, Segmentum Obscuris, 139.M41,

shortly before the 12th Black Crusade of Abaddon the Despoiler,

coloqually known as the 'Gothic War'.

http://i.imgur.com/e2QtOAb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, all. It's that time of year again. Chaos is calling to all those who dare answer its siren song. I've got to admit, recently I've been a bit burnt out about Chaos, flirting with xenos of the Tyranid genome (HERESY!!!), some Black Templars, and Siege of Terra Blood Angels. But rereading Brother Heinrich's marvelous Night Lords 15th Company plog has reignited the spark that originally made me fall in love with 40k, and that's the freedom and distinctiveness of the Chaos faction. Heinrich's 15th Company is a labor of love, and though he's converting the army to the Horus Heresy, his models still reflect that passion. Anyways, that realization reminded me of my original (planned) army, the World Eaters 64th Company warband, led by Lord Captain Zekeriah Cain. That army never got off the ground, but the intention stuck around. It's why I bought the Khorne Daemonkin codex and datacards the day they were released, even though I never had more than two models ready for the army. Well, no longer. The 64th is back, baby, and it's back with a vengeance. Meet Lord Xa'ar kal Unel, known among the denizens of the Eye of Terror as Daemonrider.

http://i.imgur.com/tTFuw0Z.jpg?2

I'm afraid this means the Night Lords are on indefinite absence, but let me be honest. Haven't they always been? Also, I can paint red much better than I can paint lightning, so that's an advantage to my current plan. I actually plan to give the 30k treatment soon, as a counterpoint to my Blood Angels. So watch this space. You never know when the brothers of the VIII might descend from our shadows...ph34r.png

Archived