Today, the Death Company killed...

Xenith

Games last weekend:

G1

• Five DC manage; to down seven Cultists, one Dark Apostle, one CSM (Alpha Legion)

G2

• Five DC manage; one Contemptor Dreadnought, three Sternguard (Ultramarines)

G3

• One DCD manages; three and a half Black Legion Terminators and Abaddon  - in one combat phase!, one Sorceror
  • Five DC manage; three Cultists, one CSM

Played a mini tournament vs 3 friends today (Ork, Necron and Space Wolves). 500 points each.

My DC squad ran two hammers, two power swords and 5 Chainsword.

Vs Orks:

Gazgul

A Painboy

Plenty of boyz

Vs Necron:

His Warlord (a Cryptec I think)

Then they were taken down by Warriors

Vs Wolves:

A few bikes and a chunk out of their warlord.

Didn't get much else in because I stupidly forgot their 12" move in the movement phase, after doing their pre-game move.

So not bad. In the preceding 2v2 the Necron and Ork guys team up vs myself and Wolves. They targeted the DC immediately (helped by my poor placement) so they didn't get a chance to do anything. Was really impressed with them vs Orks though.

Edited by VanDutch

Glad to see this thread getting bumped. I have literally only played with my DC once since 8th released but in that one game they were able to wipe out a 3 man squad of Crisis suits (which are pretty tough now) with attendant drones and then moved on to kill a Commander the next turn.

They're way more powerful than they looked on paper, although I think I'll probably mostly be getting rid of the thunder hammers and power fists. That -1 to hit really hurts.

They're way more powerful than they looked on paper, although I think I'll probably mostly be getting rid of the thunder hammers and power fists. That -1 to hit really hurts.

-1 to hit isn't that bad when you have 3 attacks on the charge. Having a chaplain near by helps a lot. I would always take the hammers, as the D3 is gold if you need to charge a vehicle.

I have played few games at around 1k points, and my normal loadout is 9-11 guys with 2x hammers, 3x power swords and 2x inferno pistols. I usually have a dc chaplain babysitting them and so far they have been able to handle everything but massed shooting.

In the last game I charged in the middle of ultramarines battle line and managed to destroy a vindicator, 4/5 hellblasters and a terminator captain warlord. Hellblasters managed to drop two dc on the overwatch and I managed to drop 4 hellblasters and took vindicator down to 4wounds. Ultramarines fell back and the massed shooting from more than half of the crippled ultramarines took out 6 more. The remaining 3 dc got charged by the terminator captain that only managed to take one down before it got smashed down by a hammer. 7 dc down, I managed to throw 1 for the morale, and the last remainind thunderhammer destroyed the vindicator before getting charged by a venerable dreadnought.

I did a heroic charge splitting the enemy in two. The dc took out twice as many points than invested in them. This could be straight from some of the novels :)

I want to know how the DCD took out that many termies + Abaddon in one phase! He halves damage taken so from fresh he takes 4 successful unsaved wounds himself!

Absolutely brutal game against the Black Legion commanded by brother captain corpus. Main highlight:

DCD gets a charge against BL TDA squad. Played Vengeance for Sanguinious (exploding dice against BL on a 4+) which generated nine hits to wipe the squad. I then played Honour the Chapter to move into combat with Abaddon where I got ten hits that did the fourteen damage required to kill him outright.

I still feel bad about it...

I love this thread. My 15 man DC squad is the rockstar of every game I play. Lately I’ve been leaving the power weapons at home and going for just chainswords and bolters/pistols. I’ve managed to kill at a higher rate that way, even against power armor. It could just be my dice, but I’m a big believer in quantity over quality of attacks.

I want to know how the DCD took out that many termies + Abaddon in one phase! He halves damage taken so from fresh he takes 4 successful unsaved wounds himself!

Absolutely brutal game against the Black Legion commanded by brother captain corpus. Main highlight:

DCD gets a charge against BL TDA squad. Played Vengeance for Sanguinious (exploding dice against BL on a 4+) which generated nine hits to wipe the squad. I then played Honour the Chapter to move into combat with Abaddon where I got ten hits that did the fourteen damage required to kill him outright.

I still feel bad about it...

So that’s how that happened!

Jolemai, when you used honor the chapter did the DCD declare abaddon as a charge target that turn? If not then the DCD wouldn't be able to fight abaddon

We believed it was fine due to consolidation and pile in, but I'll know for the future. Thanks :)

More importantly honor the chapter is for infantry units only!

Which simply means I owe someone a beer. :) Edited by Jolemai

Do the exploits of Captain Smash count for this thread if you spend a CP to give him Death Visions?

I vote yes

In that case, in one game the 'Death Company' killed:

X1 Dakka Hive Tyrant

X1 Thornback Carnifex

X1 Malenthrope

X1 Exocrine

He also tanked 36 devourer shots, 1 smite, and 6 shots from the Exocrine.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Seven DC killed on Wraith

Five DC killed four Warriors

Lemartes killed one Warrior

DCD shot one Warrior

Captain Smash killed five Warriors

Yes I lost this game...

... Wow, have I really not used DC since April?

Last weekend 2x 10 with 1 hammer and fist each. killed 2x5 hellblasters buffed by Captain, ancient and leuitenant.

2x5 intercessors

Then they got boltstromed away by aggressors.

Edited by Mirthless

• 10 months later...

My two most recent outings have netted the following from my DC, all thanks to Forlorn Fury. Jump packs, 8 w/ Bolter and Chainswords, 4 with Thunderhammer.

Against Space Wolves - first turn charge on a Caestus Assault Ram, knocking it out of the sky and causing 3 Wolf Guard Terminators to die in the wreckage.

Against Thousand Sons - first turn charge against Magnus, killing him with ease before he ever got to roll a single dice.

• 2 weeks later...