Xenith

• 2 years later...

Think it was this squad that received the charge:

Death Company (5)

~ Jump pack

~ Bolt pistol, power sword (1)

~ Bolt pistol, power axe (1)

~ Bolt pistol, chainsword (3)

Two units, Lemartes, and a Priest had just dispatched the Banshees. Avatar slams into the squad above so Lemartes does a Heroic Intervention and uses Angel's Sacrifice to tank everything - and survives on 1W! :ohmy.: Combined retaliation and the odd pistol shot in the subsequent phase leave it on 7-8 wounds, before a DCD takes it down to 2W and the rest finish it off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, DC went down by 2 points per model in the new MFM. I am not completely convinced they needed it but it is a very welcome boost as it will save me 20 points whenever I bring them out which is another couple of power fists (or something similar).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Seeing as Lemartes counts, he slew a five man squad of Chaos Terminators in one wound of combat.

Assault Doctrine (Savage Echoes), Shock Assault, Black Rage, Mantra of Strength, On the Bridge of the Vengeful Spirit (+2 ATK) active for 10 Attacks hitting on 2s (re-rollable), wounding on 2s, AP-3, D3. Only two attacks were saved.

Ouch.

(Rest of the DC that game only bagged a Venomcrawler...)

• 3 weeks later...

Today my Death Company killed, lots and lots of Termagants. And in the process they kept a Tervigon tied up in melee for 3 full rounds. I forget how many bugs they killed, because the Tervigon kept make more to join the party, but they stuck around a lot longer than I thought they would. 

Edited by Sugarlessllama