Ambush Cadre Sigma - 2000pt Alpha Legion ist

Castiel

I've finally settled on Alpha Legion for my 2nd 30k Army and I'm planning on building the following list. The theme is an ambush force of Alpha Legion, dug in and hidden, waiting for enemy forces to pas through their ambuscade.

Here's the list:

Alpharius  415

Vigilator with artificer armour, power dagger, bolter with banestrike and refractor field.  115

3x Tactical squad (10 man) with power dagger, artificer armour. Mounted in Rhinos.  600

Headhunter Kill Team (10 man) with artificer armour, 9x banestrike ccombi-bolters and banestrike heavy bolter.  365

Sky Hunter Squadron with Sergeant and multi-melta. 160

Sicarian Battle Tank  135

Sicaria Venator with armoured ceramite  210

Including Alpharius because at 2000pts everyone in my meta will field a primarch, and his rules will be really useful for helping to get the Alpha Strike in this list. The Vigilator and headhunters deploy near their target using infltrate. The tac squads and their rhinos either infiltrate or outflank. The venator takes care of tanks and armoured targets, while the Sicarian takes care of light vehicles. The Skyhunters roam around picking off targets of opportunity. Alpharius pops up in one of the squads, which squad is mission dependant.

Any thoughts?

Honestly, everything looks fine but, Flyers. A Sicarian can deal with them but its not a dedicated unit. How will you deal with them? Unless you know none will be fielded.

Maybe drop 5 of the headhunters? They would still be a threat at only 5, and you should have enough for a Whirlwind or maybe even a Morris?

I could do that, although I quite like the large squad it isn't vital I suppose. Wish you could get Las predators in 30k...

Look, if you're using Predators to kill Spartans :

http://doubleyourfreelancing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/youre-going-to-have-a-bad-time.png

Not impossible to do but...yeah, picture sums it up. Venator or Grav Rapiers are you're best bet. Which is why I say use the Predator Executioner since ITS THE ONLY NON-TITAN PLASMA WEAPON WITHOUT GETS HOT (that doesn't belong to blue commie weeabos or those technophiles in red...) :p

If you want to make a Pride of the Legion List / Terminator Wing cry, look no further.

Look, if you're using Predators to kill Spartans :

Not impossible to do but...yeah, picture sums it up. Venator or Grav Rapiers are you're best bet. Which is why I say use the Predator Executioner since ITS THE ONLY NON-TITAN PLASMA WEAPON WITHOUT GETS HOT (that doesn't belong to blue commie weeabos or those technophiles in red...) tongue.png

If you want to make a Pride of the Legion List / Terminator Wing cry, look no further.

I was going to use a Venator and the Predator to kill the Spartan :P AV 14 is the only thing that I'd have trouble with, so I was hoping to get more s9 or 10 weaponry into the mix.

Well, if you can get non-front arc shots off at it the it wont be much of a hassle. If not that flare shield will severely weaken the threat of anything that isnt D or S10 (non-blast) because of that -2S to templates and -1 Regularly.

Archived