Space Hulk

reckoning

Got an email a few days ago from GW saying they were releasing a few more sets early Dec. I missed my chance the first time because of financial reasons. Now I have the opportunity to buy most of the models at a discount. Total will cost me around $90. Since im really only interested in the models should I go this route? Or do I wait and pick up the full box as an early Christmas present?

Got an email a few days ago from GW saying they were releasing a few more sets early Dec. I missed my chance the first time because of financial reasons. Now I have the opportunity to buy most of the models at a discount. Total will cost me around $90. Since im really only interested in the models should I go this route? Or do I wait and pick up the full box as an early Christmas present?

I think it's worth pitching in the extra cash to get the real deal, personally. The game is a blast and it's not too hard to convert the models for dual 40K/SH use from the sounds of it.

I think it's worth pitching in the extra cash to get the real deal, personally. The game is a blast and it's not too hard to convert the models for dual 40K/SH use from the sounds of it.

This.

Plus, as evidenced by Heathens and Armond (among others), the board makes for a great Zone Mortalis setup.

And this.

Such an awesome game! happy.png

Plus, as evidenced by Heathens and Armond (among others), the board makes for a great Zone Mortalis setup.

Mixed with the old advanced space crusade/tyrannid attack board (if you can find them) and you get a nice 'Aliens' esque assault the hive kinda game. 

Mixed with the old advanced space crusade/tyrannid attack board (if you can find them) and you get a nice 'Aliens' esque assault the hive kinda game.

The tiles do fit. The newer editions are a little thicker and a lot prettier, but the dimensions are basically the same.

med_gallery_64093_7018_23283.jpg

I'm guessing, just looking at the pictures, that the Tyranid Attack tiles would work. Though like 1st Edition, they leave a lot to be desired visually.

Though like 1st Edition, they leave a lot to be desired visually.

True, but jut looking at the 1st ed Space Hulk floorplans makes me feel all squishy and notalgic inside

Archived