Thedukes vow 2 update 5-17...

Theduke08

Greetings brothers!

Ive been considering putting together a new BA force but have been waiting for our new dex... well impatience has gotten the best of me and I've put together half of my tac squad.  Here are some pics of my first squad.  Im going to be doing a successor chapter but haven't came up with much beyond a paint scheme.

IMG 0183

IMG 0182

• 2 weeks later...

Angle Rhino

Front Rhino

Here is the base coat for my Rhino.  Although smoothing the edges is a little bit of a pain i really like the stripe.  There will be some more bone colored parts to the vehicle but the majority will be red.

• 2 weeks later...

I use bone on the indented vehicle panels and the side doors/sponsons.

gallery_2133_9405_816883.jpg

I really like that but I think I have my vehicle paint scheme figured out.

WHAT?! I CANT HEAR YOU OVER HOW LOUD THAT HELLDRAKE'S PAINT SCHEME IS!

More on topic, I love the stripe of bone going the length of the Rhino. You lined it well so it's not a racing stripe, but it does set it off as distinct. Great idea!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, to paint like that.

Some great stuff here!

Ive found that the best thing for bettering ones painting skills is simply learning painting techniques.  I dont think that im that good of a painter but Im decent at using specific techniques.  If you practice the basics your painting skills will get much much better.  

• 3 weeks later...

Im about to start on some DC but have been kicking around the idea of doing them in a white/bone color, not for any real reason beyond the fact that I hate painting black.  I can paint almost all colors to some level of efficiency but am plain terrible at painting black.  Anyone have any advice on black?

Archived