Help me decide a theme

Lucio

My core force of Slaaneshi worshiping Crimson Slaughter is safely underway, and I'm hoping to have the final two squads finished by the end of the month.

For the next phase, I want to introduce some demonically themed models, to emphasis the force's Crimson Slaughter background, and to give some more interesting modelling opportunities after the limited work done on Space Hulk and Dark Vengence miniatures.

Trouble is, I'm torn on which god to dedicate the next group to, do I pick Nurgle for the warped monstroties of flesh and metal, Tzeentch to embody sorcerous might or continue the Slaanesh theme?

The models I'm looking to convert are

Obliterators - Starting from either a base of Rat Ogre (Nurgle), Ogryn (Tzeentch) or Chaos Terminators (Slaanesh, as they'd be more delicate, particularly if I can pull off some joint lengthening)

Possessed - Chaos Marines (possibly using Bezerkers and/or Raptors for more dynamic poses), mixed with the relevant demonic troop kit for the chosen god.

Sorcerer (using Prophet of the Voices to safely cast Maelfic powers) or a Warpsmith (for Nurgle)

Demon engine - Most likely a Heldrake to start with, and maybe a demonically possessed Vindicator

So any opinions on which choice to make? I'm looking at both a modelling perspective, and from use on a tabletop. My current core list is

Biker Lord, 4 Bikers with meltaguns, 10 man Marine Squad, 6 man Noise Marine squad, a Relic Predator with Plasma Destroyer and a Helcult

To be honest, you seem to have a really good grasp on a plan of what to build and what God to dedicate to. Interesting to see where you would go with Tzeentch with how rarely it's done.

How is the end list suppose to look like, because if you have one pred you need at least 3 or more av targets to go with it, so either 2-3 preds or 2-3 mauler/ or a combination of fiends and preds[probably 2 fiends 1 pred].

If you plan to take oblits they are always nurgle, so that is an easy choice. Possessed are probably best markless, but you could make them look anyway you want. Demonic sorc don't realy have a slot in a csm , they could be run in a demon main army as ally HQ. Of course the problem is that your stand in model for the sorc is a smith. So if you take the sorc, you have to take possessed probably in the 11-12 man squad size.

The choice between a helldrake[nerfed hard] and vindicators[very bad tank] is harder to do, it would  be better to not run any of those. But if you have to, then take the helldrake.

Had an idea for Tzeentchian Obliterators, instead of them using promethium, plasma, lasers and bullets crafted from inside their bodies, they instead weave sorcerous incantations to conjuring sorcerous fires, open warp rifts, throw hails of shards and debris and otherwise harm the enemies of Change.

It'll take me a little time to draw the model ideas on how to represent the concept, but I can already see it working, and still being able to maintain enough of an Obliterator feel so opponents don't feel cheated out of WYSIWYG

Well I've given it a go, could use a tome or two for the belt but mostly completed. Any opinions on how they achieve the goal of replacing Obliterators with armoured spellcasters?

Tzeentch Obliterators Before 1

Tzeentch Obliterator Before 2

Tzeentch Obliterator Before 3

Tzeentch Obliterator Before 4

I've also worked on a Tzeentch Sorcerer, who would use Prophet of the Voices hence the demonic look

Chaos Sorceror Before 1

Chaos Sorceror Before 2

Archived