The eventual 7th or 8th Edition Chaos Space Marines Codex

If we do get a Codex for 7th edition or even 8th, whenever that may come, would we get formations within our Codex as it seems that every 7th edition Codex has gotten so far? If so, is there any guessing what they could be? Also I'm thinking that Abbaddon would become a LoW (I personally wouldn't waste that slot on him) since the big named characters are all becoming Lords of War.

I'm asking mostly about possible formations for Chaos Space Marines. I'm not sure if that has already been covered or not.

You're asking a question that only GW can answer. Which they won't. It's likely to follow the same direction as others but personally, I wouldn't get hung up on thinking about it. Especially with CS and the more recent IA13.

You're asking a question that only GW can answer. Which they won't. It's likely to follow the same direction as others but personally, I wouldn't get hung up on thinking about it. Especially with CS and the more recent IA13.

With BL, CS, and IA13 I expect it to either ignore all of them or just be even more dry, include a formation or two as a catch all and subsequently release a new warband or demonic unicorn 3l1te beast that nobody asked for.

I'd guess we would get either a terminator formation (3 squads plus a lord with some sort of scatter mitigation or some weird trick like the warp talons rule or something else entirely) or perhaps a lord+csm+chosen+biker+havoc deal that gets some sort of leadership bonus, maybe free veterans of the long war or some other space marine hate rule.
Maybe a dark mechanicus formation of a warpsmith and three daemon engines with the smith getting some sort of bonus or the daemon engines and him all forming a unit or something.

I'd like to think they will make a formation to what will be easier to strategise and, most importantly, sell. If they bother, it will likely go into some mutated cult or demon engine tide.

Personally our best seems to be bikers and mauler tides, so they should go for those as GW will never touch what FW makes.

Archived