Void Claws and IC

Talmon

This question leads me to contemplate a survivable IC build that would benefit arriving with the Claws...

Would a tooled up tanker be the way to go...

Would you take a shooty IC to cause some turn 1 havoc...

I never really thought about doing this, and now my interest is piqued!!

End of Line

When I  ran all Termis I used to drop my Termi Lord with the Relic claws with em but I dont get to run all termis anymore. 

Why not?? Because you don't have many points left after both the Knights??!! :P

Good suggestion. Is there a shooty load out that anyone has tried??

End of Line

When I ran all Termis I used to drop my Termi Lord with the Relic claws with em but I dont get to run all termis anymore.

Why not?? Because you don't have many points left after both the Knights??!! tongue.png

End of Line

no brother it would actually be easier to run termis in my knight heavy lists its normally my cavalry that eats up all my points

Thats why my two lords of Choice Krakenbone Sword loadout and Morkai's Claws Loadout have both a TWC and Terminator Model

Terminators are awesome but I just.. They arent fast enough the void claws being a good exception.

When I ran all Termis I used to drop my Termi Lord with the Relic claws with em but I dont get to run all termis anymore.

Why not?? Because you don't have many points left after both the Knights??!! tongue.png

End of Line

no brother it would actually be easier to run termis in my knight heavy lists its normally my cavalry that eats up all my points

Thats why my two lords of Choice Krakenbone Sword loadout and Morkai's Claws Loadout have both a TWC and Terminator Model

Terminators are awesome but I just.. They arent fast enough the void claws being a good exception.

Let me ask you this. Do you deploy the Void Claws aggressively, or do you keep them back to increase their survivability and usefulness in your following turns??

End of Line

End of Line

Let me ask you this. Do you deploy the Void Claws aggressively, or do you keep them back to increase their survivability and usefulness in your following turns??

End of Line

99.9 Percent of the Time Agressively when I do use em its against stuff that they get to mulch through I usually drop then and murderfang simultaneously into the backfield and let the enemy deal with that while my ( knights , cavalry , whatever else im running) runs up the field at them. Its a lot of choppiness when you have both units back there and usually murderino draws more fire from the enemy distraction carnifex style letting the voidclaws get into combat where they mince things especially with the wolf lord attached to the unit. But I just rarely run them anymore.

Why do you rarely use them?? Is it a points or functionality issue??

So Void Claws and Murderfangface T1. I would need to drop my second BlizzyD, to run him... Hmmm.... I like the idea however, and it's very fluffy. SO that makes me like it even more!!

I like the idea of Arjac running amok with them as well!! Good idea, Spazmonkey!!

End of Line

You could also take a Cyclone Missile Launcher to give them some shooting on the turn they arrive. 

You could but, points better spent elsewhere.

This has been a discussion that has been had a few times.

As you will generally want to run your void claws to get them out of base to base contact and also to get them into CC on the second turn to be most effective.

You will often get at most 1 round of shooting off if any before you are in CC. not really worth it for such a high cost upgrade.

Also dont forget you can take up to 10 void claws in one unit. Plus your IC....

That is a lot of points, but a lot of CC Whack

I think 6-7 is the sweet spot.

Do not go for CML. The reason is that most of the time you want to run. The best way to catch things is you deep strike ans then run until you are as close as the rulebook allows. This means that even if the enemy moves 12", you only need 8" charge. To get outside of that range, he will need to run/boost, which is great for you.

You also want to run against Tau to avoid pie plates.

That is also the reason I would not run Arjac with them. You will waste his excellent Hammer Throw by running. And he is not that tough because of only 2W.

Now, what tough IC would I run with them? That is easy. If allies are an option, either Chapter Master Smashface (Clan Raukaan TDA tank master with Gorgons Chain) or Lysander.

If he are talking about pure, then you want a Wolf Lord in TDA and SS (rest does not matter) and roll on the Personal Traits table to get 5 (FnP) or 6 (IWND). Another option would be a RP who was lucky with his Biomancy rolls.

There is also a second option. A regular IC, nothing extra ordinary. You simply give him greater threats. If you run 3 TDA unit, 2 Long Fangs and Voidclaws (basically ol' Loganwing) you can buy 3 FA pods to put TDA in and 2 dedicated pods for LF to force all TDA get down T1. Bonus points for giving those pods Deathwind Launchers.

You end up with 3 TDA units with combi spam and Voidclaws T1 in addition to 3 large blasts from DWL and LF support and what ever else you have. That is plenty of pressure and I promise you, Voidclaws will be the least of his concern. In these cases you just use claws as a bus for an IC to bring him on the field T1, instead of the IC tanking for claws.

Hmm, this thread has me thinking about void claws again. I have been wanting another alpha strike to pull some fire. Tossing in Arjac is pretty solid sounding, also didn't know you could add more void claws, I think I will be having some fun with them. 

6 void claws+ arjac, shield dread and maybe 10 grey hunters all landing turn 1, another pod and a storm wolf on turn 2? Could be good!

x2 pods of grey hunters with as much melta spam as possible in pods.

x1 stormwolf

x3 thunderwolves with x1 TWC lord

x6 void claws with arjac.

x1 imperial knight

plus whatever else is required to meet FOC for wolves unleashed and the champions of fenris.

1 GH pod and void claws drop on turn 1, could even put in a third pod to have both GH pods come down.

They get in as much trouble as possible while your TWC and Knight advance across the field.

Maybe with a vindicator as support if there is points.

Turn 2 keep advancing and hopefully assault with your entire army, bring in the Stormwolf to start doing nasty things.

Put them in a forge world flier transport. Both the caestus and the storm eagle have deep strike. msn-wink.gif

Alternatively, use a drop pod.

Either way you get a 6" move (before running) and with the flier you're allowing it to arrive early and have the option of keeping the claws on board for a turn (beware crash and burn though).

Drop pods certainly can, for obvious reasons.

With fliers it is less clear either way, I'll admit.

Are you breaking things again, Skeletoro??!! ;P

I am digging the thematic/actually effective Void Claw and TDA Lord with Morkai Claws as a 'you cannot ignore me' first turn BEL pack. I'm going to try it out in tomorrows game!!

End of Line

I am digging the thematic/actually effective Void Claw and TDA Lord with Morkai Claws as a 'you cannot ignore me' first turn BEL pack. I'm going to try it out in tomorrows game!!

End of Line

how many Voids claws are you running with the Wolf lord?

End of Line

how many Voids claws are you running with the Wolf lord?

I ran five. They worked very well as a diversion unit and managed to blow up the hover cannon skimmer then tie up 20 Necron Warriors that kept reanimating and restocking models through the stupid ship factory thing... The Lord was a beast, but after the character was killed and didn't reanimate it was my turn 4 and the Lord and 2 VC's where left to get blown to pieces by the 10 Immortals that hit with 22 shots and luckily wounded with 18. The two remaining marines went down in the first 4 wounds and the lord took 2 off of the rest. All in all, they performed well but didn't make their points back. They did however cause the panicked response I hoped they would and I ended up winning with first blood and line breaker and my objective. He only had his objective.

Side note in regards to the game: I used Bjorn as a proxied 2nd BlizzDread, and somehow he didn't accompany me home. So I called the shop, they had not seen it nor had it been turned in. I do remember at one point in the game a couple younger (highschool age) kids came up and where looking at our models. My only thought is that one of them swiped it. So now I am down Bjorn and have an even bigger anger issue... furious.gif

End of Line

Archived